bull | Syracusefan.com

bull

igor

2nd String
2 things. you're crap about calipari is nausiating. our coach has been sanctioned for muliple violations. was in charge when sat cheating was in vogue. was commander in chief when alleged molestations were commited. looked the other way with drug testing. has accademic issues and youre citing calipari. secondly many here have cited our great zone. we finished 341 out of 345 division one teams in rebounduing. considering we are a talented offensive rebounding team, that leaves defensive rebounding. that's the last line of defense

That 341 out of 345 is misleading.
Lower FG% defense = more missed shots
more missed shots = more opportunities for offensive rebounds
more opportunites for offensive rebounds = more offensive rebounds

also

we get out and run in transition. more running = more possessions for us = more possessions for them - follow logic above.

If we held the ball for 34 seconds each possession, we would have a GREAT defensive rebounding ranking.

also, are you berniefinefevercuse? It's YOUR, not YOU'RE, dammit

Welcome back. Glad to see they finally got the old internet machine in Florida working. I was worried.

2 things. you're crap about calipari is nausiating. our coach has been sanctioned for muliple violations. was in charge when sat cheating was in vogue. was commander in chief when alleged molestations were commited. looked the other way with drug testing. has accademic issues and youre citing calipari. secondly many here have cited our great zone. we finished 341 out of 345 division one teams in rebounduing. considering we are a talented offensive rebounding team, that leaves defensive rebounding. that's the last line of defense

I won't quibble with your opinions (although I would call into question some of your assertions)... but please don't use "our", "we" or any similar qualifiers. No matter what you claim, you are not a fan of the Syracuse basketball program - this much is clear based on your history, going all the way back to when you were "Goose" on the AOL board. You are not one of the program insiders who would have knowledge (although we do have a few on this board) of what really transpired in relation to any of the issues you've highlighted in your latest ani-JB missive.

One of the more enjoyable aspects of this season was your absence from these boards - funny how such a great season shut you up. No compliments for the team or the staff. You just bided your time until it was over and had the chance to attack JB. Inane. Monotonous. Ultimately irrelevant.

Please stay off the internets.

Welcome Back!

34-3, 17-1 in BE, with an E8...what a tremendous season. Yet, it's no coincidence that you don't post during any of those 37 games but seize the first chance you get to point out flaws with the season and JB.

We get it, JB wasn't nice to you when he didn't have time to show up at your 6th grade girl's basketball clinic and you're (btw, that means you are) still harboring anger.

It must be sad to live life looking for the dark side of everything when the bright light is blasting you in every direction. If you cannot take comfort in this season, then you are not a Cuse fan. Like it or not, JB is Syracuse basketball, they are inextricably linked.

1239669276785.jpg

Please define "WE" and "OUR." I don't believe that most folks here would associate themselves with your comments.

Gosh, what took you so long to get back? You'll find a lot of kindred souls here, so you should be comfortable. Frankly though, I was expecting a better effort from you off the layoff. Your time may have passed. Oh Lord

I am still new to Syracuse message boards. Igor sounds like a real champ.

secondly many here have cited our great zone. we finished 341 out of 345 division one teams in rebounduing. considering we are a talented offensive rebounding team, that leaves defensive rebounding. that's the last line of defense

Bad rebounding is bad rebounding... man or zone. If the zone was the cause, we would be 341st every year. Syracuse was 40th last year and 50th the year before. Did I miss something or are you saying this was the first year Jim decided to play zone? And ESPN has us tied for 124th this year...not 341st.

2007-08...SU averaged the 5th most rpg.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ounds/sort/avgRebounds/seasontype/2/count/121

That 341 out of 345 is misleading.
Lower FG% defense = more missed shots
more missed shots = more opportunities for offensive rebounds
more opportunites for offensive rebounds = more offensive rebounds

also

we get out and run in transition. more running = more possessions for us = more possessions for them - follow logic above.

If we held the ball for 34 seconds each possession, we would have a GREAT defensive rebounding ranking.

The 341st was in defensive rebounding %, which adjusts for that stuff.

You owe me a beer thats what this is all about.

You owe me a beer thats what this is all about.

LOL. I knew you would say that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

blocked shots also hurt this number

I guess, assuming the offense gets the ball back more often than not, which seems reasonable.

But we gave up an assload of offensive rebounds. Whether we were 300 or 341st ot 250th; we were bad at it.

Not nearly as nauseating as your endless crap. Play-stop-rewind with your anti-Boeheim agenda.

Why should anyone care what you have to say, since you didn't have the balls to show up at any point during our 34-3 campaign? In fact, I cordially invite you to go to hell specifically because you were too much of a to come on here and spew your rhetoric. At least BlueCurtain--who I incidentally think is mostly full of , by the way--has no problem expressing / defending their opinions and isn't a front-running trash talker like you.

I guess, assuming the offense gets the ball back more often than not, which seems reasonable.

But we gave up an assload of offensive rebounds. Whether we were 300 or 341st ot 250th; we were bad at it.

Yep, no question about it. Joseph especially should watch tape of MKG from yesterday and see how he and all those guys attacked the boards. Effort and desire plain and simple.

Yep, no question about it. Joseph especially should watch tape of MKG from yesterday and see how he and all those guys attacked the boards. Effort and desire plain and simple.

It is pretty amazing how poor of a rebounder KJ turned out to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom