Burger Fans | Syracusefan.com

Burger Fans

sutomcat

No recent Cali or Iggy awards; Mr Irrelevant
The new Five Guys up on the hill just opened. Next to the Orange Crate Brewing Company.

I bet they do well there.

Tomcat, you're a keto guy, right? 5 Guys is pretty solid for keto. They'll lettuce wrap your burger if you ask, but the better option is to ask them if they'll put it in a tub for you.

Tomcat, you're a keto guy, right? 5 Guys is pretty solid for keto. They'll lettuce wrap your burger if you ask, but the better option is to ask them if they'll put it in a tub for you.
Yes, I am a keto guy.

I have stopped by there and yes, they are a good option. Thanks for the heads up.

a tub of what? Butter?
1617753511826.png

Yes, I am a keto guy.

I have stopped by there and yes, they are a good option. Thanks for the heads up.
Yeah I didn't know about the tub thing for a while, so I struggled with super messy lettuce wrap stuff for way too long. Figured I'd pass it along.

Speaking of Keto- how do you like it tomcat? We tried vegan for 7 months in our house and it was great for a while but didn't really get much from it. Wife and I have discussed trying the Keto out .

Speaking of Keto- how do you like it tomcat? We tried vegan for 7 months in our house and it was great for a while but didn't really get much from it. Wife and I have discussed trying the Keto out .
Do I like keto? Good question.

I have a really hard time dieting. I get hungry pretty easily and if I skip or even delay meals, I get hungrier and often end up eating more than if I was not trying to diet. Diets just haven’t worked well for me and if anything, they work worse as I get older.

One of my friends got into it. I thought he was crazy. But it worked. Really well. And he said if he kept his intake of carbs below 25 grams of carbs a day, he could basically eat as much keto friendly food as he wanted.

That piqued my interest. I don’t drink alcohol, which helps a lot. No carbs means essentially no fruits, no potatoes (very tough), no bread (very tough), no pasta (pretty tough) and no milk.

Pretty much any meat is okay, cheeses are okay, fish are okay (except deep fried) eggs are okay. Pretty much any protein is fine.

I have always been a meat kind of guy, so a diet where I can eat enough meat to make me feel full is a big deal. Giving up carbs is a big deal and for most people it is unthinkable. But for me, it allows me to eat enough so I am not always hungry and still lose or maintain my weight.

Keto has allowed me lose a lot of weight and then to keep it under control for well over 2 years. I had been slowly gaining weight just about every year since I was an adult, so this is a big deal to me, and I think I am going to stilck with it long term.

But is definitely is not for everyone. There are lots of web sites and books out there on keto. If it sounds like something you might be able to do, go for it. It really does work if you have the discipline not to cheat.

I have a really hard time dieting. I get hungry pretty easily and if I skip or even delay meals, I get hungrier and often end up eating more than if I was not trying to diet. Diets just haven’t worked well for me and if anything, they work worse as I get older.

One of my friends got into it. I thought he was crazy. But it worked. Really well. And he said if he kept his intake of carbs below 25 grams of carbs a day, he could basically eat as much keto friendly food as he wanted.

That piqued my interest. I don’t drink alcohol, which helps a lot. No carbs means essentially no fruits, no potatoes (very tough), no bread (very tough), no pasta (pretty tough) and no milk.

Pretty much any meat is okay, cheeses are okay, fish are okay (except deep fried) eggs are okay. Pretty much any protein is fine.

I have always been a meat kind of guy, so a diet where I can eat enough meat to make me feel full is a big deal. Giving up carbs is a big deal and for most people it is unthinkable. But for me, it allows me to eat enough so I am not always hungry and still lose or maintain my weight.

Keto has allowed me lose a lot of weight and then to keep it under control for well over 2 years. I had been slowly gaining weight just about every year since I was an adult, so this is a big deal to me, and I think I am going to stilck with it long term.

But is definitely is not for everyone. There are lots of web sites and books out there on keto. If it sounds like something you might be able to do, go for it. It really does work if you have the discipline not to cheat.
Good summary. I always talk about how I have a love/hate relationship with it. Love because it's hands down the best I've ever found for actually controlling my eating and weight. Hate because it's just so inconvenient.

Orangezoo if you guys do get into it there's all kinds of stuff I've learned that I'd be happy to share to help it be successful for you.

Very interesting stuff. I definitely am thinking about it. I am an addict with running but always have struggled to find the right diet to pair with it. Vegan still ended up carb heavy. I have always been one who could make a meal out of meat before anything else. Sweets, breads etc are pretty easy to kill. Milk probably would be the toughest but not out of reach.

Honestly Vegan was supposed to be the straw to knock off the 20 lbs that wouldn't go away and it didn't at all. Also my wife hated it so really meats/protein are much better compromise. I definitely think I might go that route. Also I've heard that as a runner it is far easier to stay on track. Vegan itself was so hard not getting worn down even with B vitamin supplements.

OIG- I appreciate and would consume any recommendations for sure. I'm battling long CoVid stuff right now too but really want to try something that hopefully sticks.

I do keto as well, for the alcohol part there is a surprising amount of booze with no carbs. Apple crown and jack are my go tos.

Very interesting stuff. I definitely am thinking about it. I am an addict with running but always have struggled to find the right diet to pair with it. Vegan still ended up carb heavy. I have always been one who could make a meal out of meat before anything else. Sweets, breads etc are pretty easy to kill. Milk probably would be the toughest but not out of reach.

Honestly Vegan was supposed to be the straw to knock off the 20 lbs that wouldn't go away and it didn't at all. Also my wife hated it so really meats/protein are much better compromise. I definitely think I might go that route. Also I've heard that as a runner it is far easier to stay on track. Vegan itself was so hard not getting worn down even with B vitamin supplements.

OIG- I appreciate and would consume any recommendations for sure. I'm battling long CoVid stuff right now too but really want to try something that hopefully sticks.
Definitely happy to help when you're ready. It's really easy it seems to have a horrible experience, and when I find out what people were eating after, it becomes clear that they never actually figured out how to get their body into ketosis, and instead were eating all kinds of stuff with sneaky sugar and things that were making them feel awful.

Definitely happy to help when you're ready. It's really easy it seems to have a horrible experience, and when I find out what people were eating after, it becomes clear that they never actually figured out how to get their body into ketosis, and instead were eating all kinds of stuff with sneaky sugar and things that were making them feel awful.

Awesome. Any tips you have for starting out strong I would appreciate anytime. My approach is to build a daily menu 30 days out for all meals and snacks. It takes time but I find it really helps to stick with it- this is how we did for Vegan. Being a creature of habit usually like finding 8-9 meal pairings to re use too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom