Burger Fans | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Burger Fans

I drank a lot of alcohol. I also started working out frequently and played a lot of basketball. A lot.

Yeah I lost weight my freshman year too. A combo of not really liking the dining hall food and playing a minimum of 3 hours of basketball every day contributed.

Yeah I lost weight my freshman year too. A combo of not really liking the dining hall food and playing a minimum of 3 hours of basketball every day contributed.
The Freshman 15 I was thinking more on the female side...when beer at 18 was legal, pizza and calzones at 2 am from Pizza Villa...etc...

I think I gained about 10lbs freshmen year...but it was mostly good weight as I was playing Rugby in the Spring.

I find that 5 guys is by far one of the worst fast food places. Their frys are so greasy, I refuse to eat them when i did go there. Of course different stores can do things slightly diffrent.
By far one of the worst? We are talking burgers here but I guess if you're going for the fries, I concede they aren't for everyone. Come on, you'd prefer a 3 hour old McDonald's burger or the microwaved Whopper over Five Guys? Did that Olean water do something to your taste buds?

I’ve never quite understood the fascination with Five Guys. Just seems like a big, greasy, sloppy mess to me. And overpriced.
"Seems like", as in you've never tried it yourself? If its too sloppy you are getting too many toppings. Its like when I worked at a pizza place in college and people would complain because they didn't understand that their pizza with 4 vegetable toppings and extra pepperoni ended up runny and greasy.

"Seems like", as in you've never tried it yourself? If its too sloppy you are getting too many toppings. Its like when I worked at a pizza place in college and people would complain because they didn't understand that their pizza with 4 vegetable toppings and extra pepperoni ended up runny and greasy.
It is easy to go overboard with the toppings at 5 Guys. Rookie move, though. Gotta learn from the mistakes of the past and keep it simple.

By far one of the worst? We are talking burgers here but I guess if you're going for the fries, I concede they aren't for everyone. Come on, you'd prefer a 3 hour old McDonald's burger or the microwaved Whopper over Five Guys? Did that Olean water do something to your taste buds?
I dispute your opinion on how old the burgers are at the places you mentioned especially during this pass year. Also, I can go to at least 2 local (Rochester) burger chains that make a much, much better burger for less, in less time it takes Five Guys to ruin theirs and cost less! And the frys are 1000% better. And any foodie will tell you that it's frys that make the place. McDonald's largest seller is its frys.

It's rated exactly perfectly. 5 guys and Shake Shack are excellent...as $10+ fast casual burgers. In n Out is as good or better for 4 bucks.
Habit Burger > In n Out for socal burger chains imo

Habit Burger > In n Out for socal burger chains imo
Lived there for a while and there was a Habit near work and heard people saying similar things. Went and tried it and did not go back a 2nd time.

The perfect In n Out order:
Double Double, no lettuce/tomato, whole grilled onion, chopped chiles.
Neapolitan Shake.

Lived there for a while and there was a Habit near work and heard people saying similar things. Went and tried it and did not go back a 2nd time.

Neapolitan Shake.
Really, bad experience at Habit? That's really too bad. The burgers are legit to me, but the fries and their berry lemonade or whatever it is put it on the next level.

Maybe. But I’m not really all that creative with burgers. I’ve been to Five Guys twice. Once a cheeseburger with lettuce and tomatoes. And the other time I think I added mushrooms. Never anything more than that. Oh and ketchup.

Neapolitan Shake.
I’ve never even heard of a Neapolitan shake but is sounds awesome

I’ve never even heard of a Neapolitan shake but is sounds awesome
It's excellent. They offer the usual vanilla, chocolate or strawberry on the menu but all you have to do is say Neapolitan and it's done. They also only offer single or double burgers but you can order a 3 by 3 or 4 by 4, 5 by 5 and so on if you want and that's the number of patties by cheese slices.

In n Out is basically perfect except for the fries. You see them cutting fresh potatoes nonstop and dropping them in the oil but somewhere along the way they just end up being crap. Rather have the shake as a ton of calories instead of those terrible things.

I went to Vegas for the first time a few years ago. I ate 6 of my 8 meals at In n Out...
Yeah, it hits every time. Lots of people that live on the east coast build it up in their head too much and then have it once and the crap fries and declare it overrated. No one out west that can have it regularly feels that way, there is a reason that every location has a long ass drive-through line all day/night.

Speaking of Keto- how do you like it tomcat? We tried vegan for 7 months in our house and it was great for a while but didn't really get much from it. Wife and I have discussed trying the Keto out .
Keto and Vegan are like the yin and yang of dieting. You may reach nirvana!

For Fast Food Fries?

I love Culver's Crinkle Cut fries.

BTW, their burgers are really good too.

I don't think Culver's has made it to NYS yet.

For Fast Food Fries?

I love Culver's Crinkle Cut fries.

BTW, their burgers are really good too.

I don't think Culver's has made it to NYS yet.

There is a Culver's pretty close to my house. Great food. Moron employees. We stopped going after they messed our order up 3 straight times.

It's excellent. They offer the usual vanilla, chocolate or strawberry on the menu but all you have to do is say Neapolitan and it's done. They also only offer single or double burgers but you can order a 3 by 3 or 4 by 4, 5 by 5 and so on if you want and that's the number of patties by cheese slices.

In n Out is basically perfect except for the fries. You see them cutting fresh potatoes nonstop and dropping them in the oil but somewhere along the way they just end up being crap. Rather have the shake as a ton of calories instead of those terrible things.
A fantastic keto order from In N Out is 2 Flying Dutchmen with a side of lettuce and tomato.

I don't slum it at 5 guys. I guess if your a college kid or young and single it's good option.

Pro level...can even troll a burger thread!

giphy (1).gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom