BUS TRIP CANCELLED --- SyracuseFan to Metlife (9/27) | Syracusefan.com

BUS TRIP CANCELLED --- SyracuseFan to Metlife (9/27)

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
I have been looking into the cost of chartering a bus to take fans from Syracuse to the game at Metlife Stadium on September 27. My plan would be to depart early in the morning from DestiNY parking lot and drive direct to the stadium. Depending on the game time, we would arrive a few hours prior to the game, allowing us to tailgate with the balance of the SyracuseFan group. Following the game, the bus would return everyone back to Syracuse the same day.

I have not included ticket costs, and do not plan to do so. Everyone would be responsible for selecting and purchasing their own tickets to the game. In addition, you would be responsible for your own beverages, food, etc.

In order to make this work, we would need to have approximately 50 people on the bus. Based on the pricing I have found to date, the cost would be approximately $57 each person. Less than 50 people, the costs go up.

Right now, I'm simply trying to gauge the interest on this board for participating in this charter. Payment would not be until sometime in the early-to-mid summer via PayPal, or directly in cash or check.

If you are interested, please indicate your interest -- AS WELL AS THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD BE TRAVELING ON THE BUS -- in this thread, or send me a PM.

Admins, if it is possible to tack this post, I would appreciate it -- at least until we can see if this idea is viable.
Thanks all, and Go Orange!

I have been looking into the cost of chartering a bus to take fans from Syracuse to the game at Metlife Stadium on September 27. My plan would be to depart early in the morning from DestiNY parking lot and drive direct to the stadium. Depending on the game time, we would arrive a few hours prior to the game, allowing us to tailgate with the balance of the SyracuseFan group. Following the game, the bus would return everyone back to Syracuse the same day.

I have not included ticket costs, and do not plan to do so. Everyone would be responsible for selecting and purchasing their own tickets to the game. In addition, you would be responsible for your own beverages, food, etc.

In order to make this work, we would need to have approximately 50 people on the bus. Based on the pricing I have found to date, the cost would be approximately $57 each person. Less than 50 people, the costs go up.

Right now, I'm simply trying to gauge the interest on this board for participating in this charter. Payment would not be until sometime in the early-to-mid summer via PayPal, or directly in cash or check.

If you are interested, please indicate your interest -- AS WELL AS THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD BE TRAVELING ON THE BUS -- in this thread, or send me a PM.

Admins, if it is possible to tack this post, I would appreciate it -- at least until we can see if this idea is viable.
Thanks all, and Go Orange!

I would book with you for the trip as I used to use Caz Limo.I am purchasing my tix as soon as Syr fan gives me the ok from our info on this page.I will be needing 3 seats as I'm bringing my wife and my daughter.My name is Dick Dickinson and my email is rcdjed@twcny.rr.com.I've been waiting for somebody to come up with a bus trip.All the other trips want you to purchase bus & tix through the same trip.I am really pleased with the seating that Texan mark came up with last year and plan to do the same again this year.

Thanks

Great. Of course nothing is definite yet. I need to see if there is enough interest.

C'mon guys/gals--step up! Please make this bus trip possible so I don't have to spend another night in Buttgersland!

Anybody have an inkling what time the game will be ?
I'm going to guess: either 3:30pm or 8:00pm

BTW, ALL4SU is going to ask for a Cuse fan to be the driver. What is normal and customary for a tip for the driver? Also, you think instead everyone chip in a couple bucks per seat to get him a seat for the game?

Wife and I are definitely in if you can pick us up and drop us off at exit 30 (Herkimer) on the NYS Thruway.

Wife and I are definitely in if you can pick us up and drop us off at exit 30 (Herkimer) on the NYS Thruway.

Pretty doubtful...I think the fastest way is I-81 and down through NE PA and the Delaware Gap. If this is a success and we do a BC trip...a stop in Utica would be likely.

That gives me an idea though...maybe a quick stop in Binghamton though. It would have to be the same price as Syracuse riders but you save on gas and parking.

I believe the best way to get there from Syracuse is 81 south to PA?

I'm going to guess: either 3:30pm or 8:00pm

BTW, ALL4SU is going to ask for a Cuse fan to be the driver. What is normal and customary for a tip for the driver? Also, you think instead everyone chip in a couple bucks per seat to get him a seat for the game?
I was told a customary tip for this type of trip would be $100-$150. I have already factored that into the cost. Maybe I will have to buy the guy a ticket to the game though.

Hmmm...just not sure if that works.

I would book with you for the trip as I used to use Caz Limo.I am purchasing my tix as soon as Syr fan gives me the ok from our info on this page.I will be needing 3 seats as I'm bringing my wife and my daughter.My name is Dick Dickinson and my email is rcdjed@twcny.rr.com.I've been waiting for somebody to come up with a bus trip.All the other trips want you to purchase bus & tix through the same trip.I am really pleased with the seating that Texan mark came up with last year and plan to do the same again this year.

Thanks

How much did Caz Limo charge?

ALL4SU next time you call them ask about a ticket for the driver. Not sure if they want the driver to do that...they might be resting on the bus during the game.

Also, see if they can exit and go to the Wal-Mart Parking lot in Johnson City to pick up a some Southern Tier Folks if the demand is there. If you are from Binghamton and want to take a bus...let us know via this thread.
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=walmart binghamton, ny&ll=42.113664,-75.936041&spn=0.02289,0.056906&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=np&fb=1&gl=us&hq=walmart&hnear=Binghamton, Broome County, New York&t=h&fll=42.10666,-75.929475&fspn=0.022892,0.056906&z=15

There is a charter bus leaving the post office in North Syracuse for the ND game for 155 and includes all food, beer, soda, tickets, driver tip, basically everything.

I am not interested, but only because I'm coming from the other direction (that's not some lame or really good attempt at a gay joke).

But I'm curious, who would be responsible for the keg? For if there is no keg, there really is no bus. It might as well not even have wheels.

There is a charter bus leaving the post office in North Syracuse for the ND game for 155 and includes all food, beer, soda, tickets, driver tip, basically everything.

I'm buying my tickets through Texan Marks section .much better seat locations.

Woody you have a link for that offer?

If you buy our bus trip for $57, a ticket for $80 through us, we could be pretty competitive with that offer. Our $80 ticket will be in the 3rd level near the 35-40 yard line. Our $120 ticket will be around the 30 yard line on the Club level. Bring your own drinks and food...and finally, you would be riding with folks you might even like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom