But the Freshman QB doesn’t understand the offense | Syracusefan.com

But the Freshman QB doesn’t understand the offense

That is the worst sequence of Syracuse football I have ever seen, between the run play, to a senior QB not having a clue what’s going on. That’s worse then GROB era incompetence!
History books everywhere are pumping their fists that 900 straight carries from one yard against Iowa have been replaced by this.

That's on Dino if your Freshman QB isn't prepared to play by game 10. This isn't the 1980's. True Freshman play and start all over the country. If he isn't good enough then he shouldn't have been recruited. Rex shouldn't even have played this game.

This is all on Dino and the coaching staff not preparing their freshman QBs. How many weeks have they been practicing? How can you keep using they are not ready excuse before you look stupid. I am tired of the excuse. It is Dino and Gilbert's fault the kids aren't ready. That is a signal of bad bad coaching...

That's on Dino if your Freshman QB isn't prepared to play by game 10. This isn't the 1980's. True Freshman play and start all over the country. If he isn't good enough then he shouldn't have been recruited. Rex shouldn't even have played this game.
Eh, SU doesn’t recruit true freshmen who are ready to play QB. Not under Dino anyway.

It’s more telling that we don’t have a sophomore, junior or senior who can play QB.

Legit question, I’m not trying to pile on or be a jerk. It was just before my time following recruiting like I do now.

Did we recruit Rex with the hopes of him competing to start at some point? Has he been on scholarship the entire time here?

Last edited:
Legit question, I’m not trying to pile on or be a jerk. It was just before my time following recruiting like I do now.

Did we recruit Rex with the hopes of him competing to start at some point? Has he been on scholarship the entire time here?

Yes here is the recruiting thread. I'm sure there are some great takes in there

Really? Explain how you get 3rd and 4th string freshman QBs ready to play in the middle of a season. Even Trevor Lawrence wasn't the full time starter in game 1 after being a January enrollee and having a full offseason to learn and prep. Our freshman didn't even get informal practice with the team in the summer, much less a spring, and our OC needed the preaseason to see the veterans in live action for the first time.

Really? Explain how you get 3rd and 4th string freshman QBs ready to play in the middle of a season. Even Trevor Lawrence wasn't the full time starter in game 1 after being a January enrollee and having a full offseason to learn and prep. Our freshman didn't even get informal practice with the team in the summer, much less a spring, and our OC needed the preaseason to see the veterans in live action for the first time.
How does it work at other schools? Why are we investing in Rex as a QB? he had a QBR of 45 today, he is a TE. We have a walkon, summers and a true freshman who ran the same offense in HS how complex is it. Embarrassing IMO

How does it work at other schools? Why are we investing in Rex as a QB? he had a QBR of 45 today, he is a TE. We have a walkon, summers and a true freshman who ran the same offense in HS how complex is it. Embarrassing IMO
Tell me what other schools it is working at. Who else is playing a true freshman that didin't enroll in January and having success. And tell me what those guys were rated. Were they elite recruits? Ours weren't.

We aren't investing in Rex. He is the only healthy QB that was on campus prior to August of this year. It's really that simple. I get that in the video games you play you can throw a freshman right out there. Real live humans don't work like that.

I mean coaches on the sideline are not giving hand signals of four just to make sure he knew?

Gilbert needs to be fired at the very least. He has been terrible at every stop. Dino only hired him because he knows the system he runs. This entire season of play calling has been an epic failure

Gilbert has done NOTHING to keep his job. I don’t see how they keep him. At least Cav can recruit his ass off.

He had some potential and then he had cancer and fell behind... i think that greatly hindered his career. I dont think he would have been starter quality but believe he would have developed into a better backup

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom