Butch Jones will be new coach at Tennessee | Syracusefan.com

Butch Jones will be new coach at Tennessee

If Cincy was going to the ACC instead of Louisville Jones would probably be staying. Because Charlie Strong would have accepted the Tennessee job.

Jones not taking the CU job now makes sense to me. I would still rather have the CU job personally, but that's my own biased opinion. Obviously CU is a much harder rebuilding job, too.

Like finding out there is nobody left to ask to the prom. So you reluctantly ask your 15th choice

Can't help but think this is a poor hire for Tennessee. Jones had to be option 5 or 6 on their list. But sometimes, these "who the hell is this guy" hires turn out to be the home-run's

Kudos to Butch. He got on his liferaft out of the Big East. Too bad Cinci appears to be going down hard.

Hey Belk Bowl

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

If anyone can pick coaches, it's Cincinatti-D'antonio, Kelly, Jones. Pretty impressive. More importantly-Do they have any recruits that we would want?

If anyone can pick coaches, it's Cincinatti-D'antonio, Kelly, Jones. Pretty impressive. More importantly-Do they have any recruits that we would want?

Mykel Traylor-Bennett maybe?

If they move quickly Rod Carey at Northern Illinois may still be available. Although at this juncture, why would you leave the MAC for the Sunbeast ? Definite step down.

Hey Belk Bowl

Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg

You almost gotta think that bowls need to pay a little more attention to this part of picking teams for the bowl game. Who is going to show up with their coaching staff intact. Although, in this scenario probably nobody expected Butch Jones to be hired as the new Tenn coach - neither did the Tenn athletic dept.

Jones not taking the CU job now makes sense to me. I would still rather have the CU job personally, but that's my own biased opinion. Obviously CU is a much harder rebuilding job, too.
But the expectations and pressure to win are much greater in Knoxville.

he'll do okay but wont take Tenn to 10 win seasons... they will atleast make bowl games with jones...and he will be out within 5 years

But the expectations and pressure to win are much greater in Knoxville.

Probably true, but still trying to get my head around firing Embree after 2 seasons... some are crying racism, but I hope that it's that they weren't willing to risk another 1 or 2 win season. Maybe they learned from our experience.

They should have gotten Kirby Smart. but reading the people on VolNation has made my day the past couple days. They are freaking out, it's beautiful.

You almost gotta think that bowls need to pay a little more attention to this part of picking teams for the bowl game. Who is going to show up with their coaching staff intact. Although, in this scenario probably nobody expected Butch Jones to be hired as the new Tenn coach - neither did the Tenn athletic dept.
While TN was a surprise, it was known that he was interviewing at Purdue and elsewhere.

Peyton Manning tried to convince Jones to take the CU job, hahahahahaha. That's confidence.