Bye week is much needed! | Syracusefan.com

Bye week is much needed!

Rocco

Watching you.
Something is going on with the OL… they were routinely wrecked by UVA bringing only 3-4 guys. I have not watched the game again, but that was frustrating to watch.

Rest the starters by halftime this Saturday, that bye week is perfectly scheduled before the brutal stretch begins. We have so many guys playing hurt or just out. Hopefully we get healthier and maybe even some of them back by NC St.

Thankfully, the defense continues to be stout as hell. They were constantly thrown back out onto the field and still only gave up 20 pts. They are so fun to watch… can only imagine how much better they would be if Thompson were still out there. Mikel and Marlowe are a fun duo to watch. If you haven’t already, tune into their podcast… it’s great. Always good to support these young men. MOB.

Shrader does not seem like the same Shrader from weeks 1 & 2. Last week, he admitted there was a bug or something going around with the team. Against UVA, he still looked panicky albeit his OL was abysmal. I worry about him getting dinged. He has so much fearless DUNGEY in him, but we all know how many games that cost him over the 4 years. Garrett’s incredible ability to stretch a play is unteachable, but it makes me cringe every time he takes a big hit. Dude is a warrior.

It’s amazing how loud the crowds have been, both in-person and over the TV. The announcers have made note of it several times. The lights are on point, just need help with the PA system. I hope the NC St game gets over 40k. That place will be RUMBLING. Will be a great opportunity for this program to make a true statement in front of a nationally-televised audience. I certainly did not think that game would be a Top 25 game. Very happy I was wrong. NC St fans have turned into the new Rutgirls. They’re obnoxious, let’s shut them up! McFockit…

LFG #25, to hell with the AP!

Some of it is just missed blocks. We hand guys off and no one takes them.. Some of it is struggles with the TE blocking, Some of it is missed holes. And some is just getting knocked back into holes.. Different almost every play.

Wagner then a Bye is a gift from the scheduling gods. Perfect timing. Get starters some rest, get 2nd teamers an opportunity to show what they can do and build depth. We have a little depth at RB (Price in addition to Allen) but they haven't had many plays. Need to see if Hatcher and Brown can contribute at WR. Our veteran OL has struggled -- can any member of the second OL push for playing time?

Our OC and OL coach need to figure some things out. We have the staff we want -- the test is the adjustments that they can make with this mid-season break. Getting to 5-0, a break, an opportunity to get ready and stay relevant.

Wagner then a Bye is a gift from the scheduling gods. Perfect timing. Get starters some rest, get 2nd teamers an opportunity to show what they can do and build depth. We have a little depth at RB (Price in addition to Allen) but they haven't had many plays. Need to see if Hatcher and Brown can contribute at WR. Our veteran OL has struggled -- can any member of the second OL push for playing time?

Our OC and OL coach need to figure some things out. We have the staff we want -- the test is the adjustments that they can make with this mid-season break. Getting to 5-0, a break, an opportunity to get ready and stay relevant.

No doubt. And, getting to play NCST, Notre Dame and FSU all in the Dome is advantageous as well.

Getting mentally prepared is just as important as healing these bodies. Anae and Co are undefeated thus far in their tenure on the Hill, so let’s hope they can fix the mistakes and keep working on it. An extra week of practice will help a ton as the offense continues to get familiar with the new schemes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom