Bye Week | Syracusefan.com

Bye Week

Finwad32

Hall of Fame
One good thing about a bye week, and that’s everybody goes undefeated.

And surprise, we were already undefeated! What fun this is.

Looking back to the preseason, many talked about this possibility. Few, at best, probably thought the reality of that dream was within grasp.

ADJW bought into his coach, literally, and provided the funds amongst many other things to lay the foundation. The Dome renovations and fundraising to the athletics infrastructure thus far are no small feat either.

Dino Babers, whom I’ve been critical of, was given the ability to bring in a staff of higher caliber. He’s succeeding with that staff.

White, Anae, Beck and Ligashesky I’m confident everyone here would heap praise on. We have a very strong staff.

I could speak at length about a number of players. Garrett Shrader, what a development, what a season thus far. Sean Tucker, Gadsden, Bergeron, Mikel, Marlowe, GW, Chestnut, Szmyt, the entire DL, and on and on and on.

As far as W’s and L’s are concerned, we can be no better than we are right now. And it’s amazing, what a fun ride! Top 25 in AP & Coaches.

In the past 5 seasons, I can count the fingers on less than one whole hand how many times Syracuse and the NY Giants won on the same weekend. That’s already happened three times s this year. And I’m going to savor every one of them.

Whelp, 2022 is the year that we… TURNED THE CORNER!!!

Looking back to the preseason, many talked about this possibility. Few, at best, probably thought the reality of that dream was within grasp.

ADJW bought into his coach, literally, and provided the funds amongst many other things to lay the foundation. The Dome renovations and fundraising to the athletics infrastructure thus far are no small feat either.

Dino Babers, whom I’ve been critical of, was given the ability to bring in a staff of higher caliber. He’s succeeding with that staff.

White, Anae, Beck and Ligashesky I’m confident everyone here would heap praise on. We have a very strong staff.

I could speak at length about a number of players. Garrett Shrader, what a development, what a season thus far. Sean Tucker, Gadsden, Bergeron, Mikel, Marlowe, GW, Chestnut, Szmyt, the entire DL, and on and on and on.

As far as W’s and L’s are concerned, we can be no better than we are right now. And it’s amazing, what a fun ride! Top 25 in AP & Coaches.

In the past 5 seasons, I can count the fingers on less than one whole hand how many times Syracuse and the NY Giants won on the same weekend. That’s already happened three times s this year. And I’m going to savor every one of them.

being an Eagles fan is pretty good right now too ;)

agreed on everything else

I really hope we come out with some razzle dazzle we haven’t seen, especially on special teams. I also wonder how much they’ve had to change the emphasis in the run game concepts after Elmore went down. Maybe some time to sort out what works and what doesn’t this week.

being an Eagles fan is pretty good right now too ;)

agreed on everything else
1664942863570.gif

Goals for the bye week/pre-NC State
  • Rest and recuperate. The physical nature of the rest of October is INSANE.

• No trips to the portal. Amazing what winning does; for a program that lead portal entrees most of the year, no one is leaving the team; hoping the bye week doesn't yield unwanted departures.

• Let's get some commits for the future. The 5-0 start is likely as good as we can expect, as going 3-4 the rest of the way would make for a better-than-expected season and realistic one.

• Hope whatever can be done to address run blocking is addressed.

• No trips to the portal. Amazing what winning does; for a program that lead portal entrees most of the year, no one is leaving the team; hoping the bye week doesn't yield unwanted departures.

• Let's get some commits for the future. The 5-0 start is likely as good as we can expect, as going 3-4 the rest of the way would make for a better-than-expected season and realistic one.

I’m going to take the remaining games one at a time with no expectations.

If we keep rolling, the momentum builds. If we fight through some tough games, this is still a team well worth rooting for.

This season is like an early Christmas present, I really want to open it but don’t want to spoil the surprise. Going to enjoy every minute of this season.

The old massively over used cliche “Take one game at a time” is what I am doing. If you look at the next 5 games as a whole you flip out, but I think we have a legit chance to beat NC State at home. That’s all I’m trying to focus on.

just going thru Oct

NC st is winnable if we dont commit 12 penalties and turn it over 4 times. Will we handle the big WR which we have not that last few times we played them. they will be the best D we have seen so far and I guess we find out if the running game has a plan or if its just a placeholder to hope the improved passing game can move the ball

Clemson as a team they know they can play with them. But the same thing applies they will become the best D we have played can we move the ball on the road in the first real road game of the year. Clemson may be moving forward on offense and the run D will have to prove itself

ND should not be feared.. but if we are coming off 2 losses it will be an uphill battle. If we are coming off 1 it will be a let letdown battle. Hope the best home crowd of the year shows up and we bring an B+or better game because this is very winnable now. Lets see how ND handles BYU this week.

8-0 to 5-3 on the table coming out of Oct.. Better than most expected but go to get that 6th one sooner than later to keep people on the train.

At this point we have made a statement. We're in the top 25, we're relevant nationally and we're deserving of attention.

To me, this is ALREADY a victory for this season. How we finish will determine if this is 1987 magical, 2018 like where we win 10 and are a top 25 team or something 2013/1999 where we're good, not great and find a way into a bowl. My guess is we'll be somewhere btw 87 and 18. i do think we have a shot at finishing this season with 2 losses. Of course sooo much has to happen but everything is checking out.

The old massively over used cliche “Take one game at a time” is what I am doing. If you look at the next 5 games as a whole you flip out, but I think we have a legit chance to beat NC State at home. That’s all I’m trying to focus on.
Coach Mac is smiling down at you. “That’s five down and one to go.”

At this point we have made a statement. We're in the top 25, we're relevant nationally and we're deserving of attention.

To me, this is ALREADY a victory for this season. How we finish will determine if this is 1987 magical, 2018 like where we win 10 and are a top 25 team or something 2013/1999 where we're good, not great and find a way into a bowl. My guess is we'll be somewhere btw 87 and 18. i do think we have a shot at finishing this season with 2 losses. Of course sooo much has to happen but everything is checking out.
It's funny, as a fan it's probably better to start the year slow and finish strong. That's how '96-'98 and '01 went for us, and we recall those seasons fondly.

But in terms of program perception, it may be better to start strong and fizzle a bit at the end. Not complete collapse, mind you, like 2011. But VaTech built their program on starting strong in Sep/Oct, getting a lot of hype, then fading in November.

So to your point, that we've already established an "SU is back" narrative we've already accomplished a lot. As long as 5-0 doesn't turn into 5-7, we'll be OK. 8-4 or better would be swell.

You are no longer allowed to enter portal before Dec 1? now if I’m not mistaken

We also have technically only have 1 scholarship open if every player returns

We’re allowed 85 scholarship players and we have 75 returning and we have 9 commits so far

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom