Bourama Sidibe | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Bourama Sidibe

I'm thinking more like Frosh CJ or Jerami. (since he's a 3/4, not a 2/3.)
Energy, D, rebounds, garbage-guy stuff, putbacks, some massive dunks, etc.
Who doesn't sign up for that?? :cool:
I'm just worried that Brissett is going to have to contribute a ton for us next season...

One tidbit I picked up the the Oak Hill game highlights: seems like his teammates call him "Bama" (sounding like Obama, not Alabama). Since we're always looking for nicknames, thought it was a good mention.

One tidbit I picked up the the Oak Hill game highlights: seems like his teammates call him "Bama" (sounding like Obama, not Alabama). Since we're always looking for nicknames, thought it was a good mention.

Pretty sure his coach called him that too once when I interviewed him. Then again, his coach also referred to JB as BO-heim.

You're making me hope for a Lawrence Moten-type freshman year...

Very different type of player than Moten, and very unlikely to see those kind of numbers. Moten averaged 18/6/2 his freshman year.

up to 81st
IMG_0632.jpg

Last edited:

Generally I find highlight packages don't tell you much, as almost anyone with skill and athletic ability can be made to look like Jordan in a montage. However, I think this package actually gives us some valuable info on him

-When he blocks a shot, he doest it deftly, with the intent of keeping the ball in play to initiate a break the other way. That's something you dont see too much anymore. Usually these youngsters just want to make highlight blocks and knock the ball into the 5th row.

-good form on his shot. His form looks smooth and repeatable. That's more than half the battle right there. Of course they aren't going to show footage of him missing shots, but the form is pretty much steady on every highlight. No mechanical / robotic Roberson type action going on there.

Generally I find highlight packages don't tell you much, as almost anyone with skill and athletic ability can be made to look like Jordan in a montage. However, I think this package actually gives us some valuable info on him

-When he blocks a shot, he doest it deftly, with the intent of keeping the ball in play to initiate a break the other way. That's something you dont see too much anymore. Usually these youngsters just want to make highlight blocks and knock the ball into the 5th row.

-good form on his shot. His form looks smooth and repeatable. That's more than half the battle right there. Of course they aren't going to show footage of him missing shots, but the form is pretty much steady on every highlight. No mechanical / robotic Roberson type action going on there.

Yes, and to add to the shot blocking evaluation, he also blocks shots without fouling. He has terrific body control and understands how to go straight up. He is extremely well coached. He has not been playing basketball too long and he didn't pick up bad habits before joining the tremendous staff at St. Benedict's.

I'd be surprised if he's the type of player who drives JB crazy. But don't hold me to that.;)

We should just rip off Wendy's slogan from a few decades ago for next season's team; "Where's the Beef?"