Class of 2020 - C Cliff Omoruyi (NJ) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Cliff Omoruyi (NJ) Offered

Is that a Uconn Husky or UW Husky?

UConn and Rutgers remain. I don't know how he doesn't end up at UK ... but whatevs.

Another big that we need but don't get. Why is this guy still on our recruiting board?

Maybe to remind us of what "could've been"? Maybe to inspire us in real life to resolve to minimize those losses where possible? I'm not sure. I don't often get worked up for the guys years in advance(21, 22, 23, 24, 28) like some on here. I mean it's hard enough to land(or even get a read) guys in the current year...and I wonder what makes folks want to feel any level of attachment at all to anyone graduating years in the future. A 2020 big...what could've been.

UConn and Rutgers remain. I don't know how he doesn't end up at UK ... but whatevs.
This is crazy. Five or six years ago, we’d look at Cliff’s finalists and laugh at the other programs and basically say, we really only have to beat out Kentucky to land this kid. It would basically be a UK-Syracuse battle. What the hell has happened to our recruiting? Other than Bruce Pearl and Cal, these other coaches have no cache and no track records of developing players and getting them to the NBA. Yet we can’t even make their final lists anymore.

This is crazy. Five or six years ago, we’d look at Cliff’s finalists and laugh at the other programs and basically say, we really only have to beat out Kentucky to land this kid. It would basically be a UK-Syracuse battle. What the hell has happened to our recruiting? Other than Bruce Pearl and Cal, these other coaches have no cache and no track records of developing players and getting them to the NBA. Yet we can’t even make their final lists anymore.

hehe...the Hurley brothers have track records all right...

We've been out on Big Cliff, but I wanted to share his final 3... Rutgers, Arizona State, and Auburn.

Bizarre list, maddening how cuse doesn't make his top 8

Was ASU an Adidas school named in the federal probe?

basketball powerhouse or not, I literally don’t know how you ever turn down ASU ever. If you haven’t visited. Oh dear god it’s heaven
Visited Tempe twice for work in between Memorial Day and mid August
Wish more of the students were around and these kids go out on Mill Ave after my bedtime

With a common theme...

Interesting... I certainly knew that about Auburn (Bruce Pearl stench) -
suspected it about ASU (Duke alums know how bags work - Hi Capel!) -
but wouldn't have thought that about Rutger.

However - it all makes sense.
They went from multi-decade doormat, to playing pretty well in like 0-60.
Pikiell seems a decent enough coach and all, but that's not enough to explain the sudden uptick.

As for the "why weren't we in this kids Final X? schools?" - who cares??
Seriously.
It's clear he was never coming here, and also why.

Interesting... I certainly knew that about Auburn (Bruce Pearl stench) -
suspected it about ASU (Duke alums know how bags work - Hi Capel!) -
but wouldn't have thought that about Rutger.

However - it all makes sense.
They went from multi-decade doormat, to playing pretty well in like 0-60.
Pikiell seems a decent enough coach and all, but that's not enough to explain the sudden uptick.

As for the "why weren't we in this kids Final X? schools?" - who cares??
Seriously.
It's clear he was never coming here, and also why.

Pikiell comes from the Calhoun tree...all ya need to know

We've been out on Big Cliff, but I wanted to share his final 3... Rutgers, Arizona State, and Auburn.
How are we not getting traction on center recruits and these scrub a$$ program’s end up in the running? Honestly, can someone tell me what’s going on here? I mean, Auburn I can see because of Bruce Pearl and all his proven success. But the other two?! Rutgers is having a decent season, but come on, they have NO PROVEN TRACK RECORD of success or developing players yet. I just don’t get it! We used to land Northeast recruits like Cliff on the regular.

... Was ASU an Adidas school named in the federal probe?

Arisona State was and is an Adidas school, and was named in one of the federal bribery cases, which primarily involved Adidas schools. (One witness in one of the trials testified that former ASU assistant basketball coach Anthony Coleman met with former sports agency employee Christian Dawkins and undercover FBI agents to discuss bribes, but didn't receive money because he wasn't believed to have enough pull with prospects).

Auburn, by the way, was an Adidas school, and was named in one of the federal bribery cases. (former Auburn assistant basketball coach Chuck Person pleaded guilty to accepting nearly $100,000 to steer his players toward agents and advisers who had bribed him).

Auburn has since switched to Under Armour (which was also named indirectly in one of the federal bribery cases). (A cooperating witness testified that he agreed to pay a bribe to push Silvio DeSousa to play at Adidas school Kansas, and get out from under a pay-for-play scheme to send DeSousa to attend Maryland, which is sponsored by Under Armour).

Rutgers is also an Adidas school. As far as I know, it was not named in any of the trials.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom