Class of 2020 - C Dain Dainja (MN) | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Dain Dainja (MN)

austin-powers-danger.gif

This is the type of big, heavy guy we could use on the boards that we have been lacking.

The Transfer Portal is going to destroy College Athletics it getting to the point why waste your time it’s all about Money. Does getting an Education even enter into it anymore sure does seem like it. Watching teams and players develop was always enjoyable now it’s everyone looking for the all mighty dollar.

Should we pursue Dainja, aka Dainja Zone, aka Clear and Present Dainja, aka Dainja Dainja Will Robinson? We did recruit him before he committed to Baylor a few years ago.
We better. Next year it’s Dainja or danger.

I like Dainja...bigger bodied kid too. Wouldn't be disappointed to see our name pop up here.

The Transfer Portal is going to destroy College Athletics it getting to the point why waste your time it’s all about Money. Does getting an Education even enter into it anymore sure does seem like it. Watching teams and players develop was always enjoyable now it’s everyone looking for the all mighty dollar.
Heard the same thing about free agency in baseball a number of years back. The MLB, NHL, NFL and NBA have all survived. So will college basketball. It will just be different for those of us that remember the old days. Younger people will just adapt to it.

As for Dain, he averaged 10 minutes a game at Ill. That better not be our guy.
He was stuck behind Seniors and played spot minutes. I thought he came on as the season went on. Big body, has some nice insides moves. One thing I didn't like at times was his D.

He was actually quite useful in Illinois win in the sweet 16 over Iowa State. In only 15 minutes he had seven points and six assists. And was pretty physical. Not saying I want him starting, but he could be a useful piece.

He was actually quite useful in Illinois win in the sweet 16 over Iowa State. In only 15 minutes he had seven points and six assists. And was pretty physical. Not saying I want him starting, but he could be a useful piece.
Guys like this will come if they are starting. Why else?

Heard the same thing about free agency in baseball a number of years back. The MLB, NHL, NFL and NBA have all survived. So will college basketball. It will just be different for those of us that remember the old days. Younger people will just adapt to it.
The key difference is that all those leagues set up some kind of structure to maintain some semblance of competitive balance, e.g. salary caps and drafts. College sports today have nothing like that.

Yeah, you would hope that Autry learned from last summer not to invest in back-ups from other schools and expect them to blossom into starters.

Go down a level and get a guy who was really good for a MAAC, Atlantic 10 or MAC team. Get somebody who is used to starting.

Pro sports have contracts, not everyone is a free agent every year. You don't have to entirely reconstruct your team every year. There are salary caps and NIL is for actual services. It's really quite different.

I don't think it will kill college sports but it will seriously damage them without any change to the new norm. I really hope there is more structure somehow moving forward. I just have no answers on the how.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom