Class of 2017 - C Deng Gak to Miami | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C Deng Gak to Miami

Francis03

All American
Came over from Australia before the start of the season to play at Blair Academy out in Jersey. I watched a game of his recently against Pope John and came away very impressed. He knocked down several jumpers, showing a good form on his shot and making all of his free throws as well. Not the biggest guy obviously, but showcased some nice moves down low in the post. Defensively was active rebounding his area and blocking/altering numerous shots. Not a finish product physically, but far more advanced skill wise overall than some of the others bigs that we have offered in 2017, like Nick Richards and Cosby-Roundtree. Kansas offered him last week, and I think once more schools get to see him during the spring/summer that his recruitment will blow up. Interesting note is that he's going to play for the PSA Cardinals in the EYBL. Same squad as Quade Green and Mo Bamba.

Came over from Australia before the start of the season to play at Blair Academy out in Jersey. I watched a game of his recently against Pope John and came away very impressed. He knocked down several jumpers, showing a good form on his shot and making all of his free throws as well. Not the biggest guy obviously, but showcased some nice moves down low in the post. Defensively was active rebounding his area and blocking/altering numerous shots. Not a finish product physically, but far more advanced skill wise overall than some of the others bigs that we have offered in 2017, like Nick Richards and Cosby-Roundtree. Kansas offered him last week, and I think once more schools get to see him during the spring/summer that his recruitment will blow up. Interesting note is that he's going to play for the PSA Cardinals in the EYBL. Same squad as Quade Green and Mo Bamba.

With the risk of being a mixtape scout he looks like an absolute stud. Maybe there's a reel somewhere of him chucking airballs or bricks on some of those jumpers but from this tape he looks like he is going to be a big time instant impact guy for whichever campus he steps foot on. That PSA Cardinals team will be fun to watch with him, Quade, and Bamba.

With the risk of being a mixtape scout he looks like an absolute stud. Maybe there's a reel somewhere of him chucking airballs or bricks on some of those jumpers but from this tape he looks like he is going to be a big time instant impact guy for whichever campus he steps foot on. That PSA Cardinals team will be fun to watch with him, Quade, and Bamba.
Yeah, highlight reels are tough to truly judge, but you can at least spot athleticism, fluidity of movement, speed and certain mechanics. Also, body type. This kid is long and lean and moves well. It is a great start.

I can see why Kansas offered, I'd take this kid in a heartbeat if he wanted to commit. Think he'd be a great 4 in our system. Playing the 5 early on might be tough (see Lydon) but he certainty is long and agile enough to get out to the wings. Kind of reminds me a little bit of a bigger less athletic version of Warrick with his offensive game.

Any news on Dak? Is the staff interested or talking to him at this point?

Any news on Dak? Is the staff interested or talking to him at this point?
Basically this so far for whatever reason.
JB snoozing.jpg

I would imagine or hope that we would get involved at some point during the evaluation period.

SU needs to develop a strong relationship with Munch Williams ASAP. So many kids on PSA are going to be stars.
The staff already has a good relationship with Munch. Munch isn't going to feed his players to any program. We just have to continue grinding hard and outwork other programs for the top guns on those PSA squads.