Class of 2020 - C/F Makhtar Gueye/ transferring from UAB | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C/F Makhtar Gueye/ transferring from UAB

Looks like another stretch 4 type. Striking out on finding beefcake centers. Sorry guys.

decent handle aand can run the court. Damn it I keep finding all the typical cuse style players but no 5s worth looking at.

This is kinda like what i imagined JBA might eventually be.
He plays with purpose and a bit of aggression. I like that. Kinda weird, though, that he scored from inside and outside, yet didn't really put up many points. Especially tailed-off the end of the season.

decent handle aand can run the court. Damn it I keep finding all the typical cuse style players but no 5s worth looking at.

Demonstrates that talented, hulking 6’10”+ centers are hard to come by. Which is one reason why every team struggles to get them.

Demonstrates that talented, hulking 6’10”+ centers are hard to come by. Which is one reason why every team struggles to get them.
Kid looks skilled considering his numbers arent that great. Looks like he has a real nice shot from.outside as well and can run the floor. Definitely strikes me as a stretch 4 but I've seen him listed as a C as well...probably not for us tho. Also shows some back to the basket type skills as well. Just another intriguing prospect along with the euro kid Glushkov I posted.

A good read on the state of UAB from The Athletic. What is interesting in it is that they go into this guy a little but and mention that he preferred staying at UAB if Kennedy wanted him and Kennedy said he did. The news came out 3 days later he was entering the transfer pool. Odd.

Attachments

• Andy Kennedy is home again and ready to turn UAB into a winner – The Athletic.pdf
    660.8 KB · Views: 191

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom