Class of 2020 - C/F Sasha Glushkov (VA) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C/F Sasha Glushkov (VA)

figured why not. Kinda intriguing prospect. 6'11 205lbs. Looks pretty skilled like typical euro guys. Lots of experience against some good players. Kinda reminds me of Haarms.

Do you have any idea of who is already after this kid? Any big programs yet?

Georgia State, Milwaukee, Maryland, Miami, Boston College, Alabama State, Howard, Incarnate Word & Charlotte
Davidson, Eastern Kentucky, Richmond, Cincinnati and Wisconsin are some of the schools that have shown interest in him. Not sure of actual offers or how serious they are interested in him. Honestly there isnt much out there on him and he did mention that his coaches have sent tape out to schools. He didnt seem to know much about the recruiting process so who knows. He fits the Syracuse mold for sure though.

Georgia State, Milwaukee, Maryland, Miami, Boston College, Alabama State, Howard, Incarnate Word & Charlotte
Davidson, Eastern Kentucky, Richmond, Cincinnati and Wisconsin are some of the schools that have shown interest in him. Not sure of actual offers or how serious they are interested in him. Honestly there isnt much out there on him and he did mention that his coaches have sent tape out to schools. He didnt seem to know much about the recruiting process so who knows. He fits the Syracuse mold for sure though.
Thanks, I agree with your opinion. Highlight tapes are always tough to go by so I was wondering if there was a reason more people hadn't heard more about him. I'll be interested to see how he ends up doing next year, assuming the season goes on as planned. Good work scouting.

Side note: pretty sure that Cade Lemcke (his HS coach I suppose) is from McQuaid/Rochester, NY. Played college ball at Virginia, I believe (and I could be wrong about this) as a walkon. Point is, he'd understand the stature of Syracuse basketball more than most.

Last edited:
You are correct, su94. Cade played at McQuaid and I think may have been a walk on at Virginia. Glushkov looks pretty solid for Texas Tech which is a hot program right now.

You are correct, su94. Cade played at McQuaid and I think may have been a walk on at Virginia. Glushkov looks pretty solid for Texas Tech which is a hot program right now.
This is not the Texas tech kid. That is 7ft Center Vladislav Goldin. The thread was nuked earlier. Might not be a TT lean anymore but who knows. Glushkov is a nice looking player though. Thanks for the insight about Cade...maybe the staff has this kid on their radar. Wish he was in the 2021 class.

Just want to point out that Texas Tech just landed another transfer. So that's 2 guys in 3 days to go along with the 3 already committed bringing their class total to 5. I think they have 3 leaving and would need to push out 2 more guys to make room. Not sure what that means for the 4 star 7ft russian submarine that once had a thread on here named Vladislav Goldin but maybe the cupboard is full now at TT? Idk, could be wrong tho.

Do we have an offer out for this guy? If not, what is all the interest? It's not like the staff isn't privy to the same info that fans are.
Probably none. I'm sure they are very aware of him. He was believed to be a TT lock so no one was recruiting him. It was just something to talk about on here that's all. Nothing more. They might not be interested in the kid. Just thought it was worth a discussion seeing as though our staff has tried to bring in numerous different big guys this cycle and have contacted/shown interest in quite a few as well but not offered. All for fun and something to talk about.

Just so someone else can ask why so much interest in someone we dont seem to be recruiting. #covidmademedoit because I'm trying to will the basketball gods to drop us a serviceable 5 in our laps. Here's a block party by Vlad goldin and some nice post moves.

Probably none. I'm sure they are very aware of him. He was believed to be a TT lock so no one was recruiting him. It was just something to talk about on here that's all. Nothing more. They might not be interested in the kid. Just thought it was worth a discussion seeing as though our staff has tried to bring in numerous different big guys this cycle and have contacted/shown interest in quite a few as well but not offered. All for fun and something to talk about.
OK, I just wasn't sure if I was missing something and that he was our "next man up" It does make for some conversation during these times when we're all at home and looking for entertainment.

OK, I just wasn't sure if I was missing something and that he was our "next man up" It does make for some conversation during these times when we're all at home and looking for entertainment.
I wouldnt mind if he was our next man up! Theres some strange things going on with his recruitment but figured he was worth a look and talk about seeing as though we have contacted quite a few big men this cycle.

Fwiw I can say we have reached out to this kid. Nothing major but they asked him for full game tape. They did say they were waiting on a transfer...because they want someone a little older. So theres definitely something cooking right now. I tried to dig a bit for more but that was all I got.

I'm hoping this older transfer is russel tchewa or francis okoro. Although I guess it could be someone like BMB BMB well or really anyone at this point who knows. But I really do like this Glushkov kids game...hes just on the slender side and would be a better fit next year I think. But the kid has skills for sure. I think more schools are taking notice because he didnt get much exposure. He did say hes starting to hear from some high majors now...including us. How interested we are idk. Staff I'm sure is turning over every stone right now especially with how the recruting landscape has changed now due to covid-19.

Last edited:
Someone mentioned cade earlier in thread and I mentioned what my convo was earlier about us looking for a transfer...cade tweeted this out tonight. I like that hes pushing for his guys!

Someone mentioned cade earlier in thread and I mentioned what my convo was earlier about us looking for a transfer...cade tweeted this out tonight. I like that hes pushing for his guys!

What about Jeriah Coleman 7 footer at the 2:03 mark...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom