Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds pretty decent...however I didnt like how googly eyed he was the second UK reached out it seemed like he was all into that but in all honesty I think UK still has other options they are trying to pull of before they took another kid that's very similar to IJ. Texas just landed Greg Brown so unless they see one more as a forward then idk if he will fit there? Also they still have Kai jones too right? Not sure of Seton Halls roster/commitments or Oregon and WV. If we pulled this one off make no mistake about it, it would be huge get. Maybe he sees a good fit and playing time?

"Kentucky isn’t the only school getting involved for Prolific Prep (CA) big man Frank Anselem.

The Wildcats have reached out, but so have Seton Hall, Oregon, Syracuse, West Virginia and Texas, according to his AAU coach, Julius Smith.

“We are just getting to know these new schools and building relationships,” Smith said Sunday. “We continue to have extensive conversations with all of them.”

According to 247Sports, Anselem is ranked as the No. 15 center and No. 85 overall player in the Class of 2020.

“Frank is a winner,” Prolific Prep coach Joey Fuca said. “He’s a great kid with huge upside. He runs the floor as a rim-runner, gets out in ball screen coverage, and rebounds high level.”

The 6-foot-10, 220-pound center from Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep recently re-opened his recruitment after initially naming a final three of LSU, Alabama and Georgia.

Less than a week after naming his final three, Anselem announced his recruitment was “wide open.” His announcement came hours after LSU landed a commitment from 7-foot big man Josh Gray last Saturday."

Last edited:
haven't watched this yet but im sure hes in it. Prolific Prep did a mini series on their team this year and this is the first episode they dropped tonight.

sounds pretty decent...however I didnt like how googly eyed he was the second UK reached out it seemed like he was all into that but in all honesty I think UK still has other options they are trying to pull of before they took another kid that's very similar to IJ. Texas just landed Greg Brown so unless they see one more as a forward then idk if he will fit there? Also they still have Kai jones too right? Not sure of Seton Halls roster/commitments or Oregon and WV. If we pulled this one off make no mistake about it, it would be huge get. Maybe he sees a good fit and playing time?

"Kentucky isn’t the only school getting involved for Prolific Prep (CA) big man Frank Anselem.

The Wildcats have reached out, but so have Seton Hall, Oregon, Syracuse, West Virginia and Texas, according to his AAU coach, Julius Smith.

“We are just getting to know these new schools and building relationships,” Smith said Sunday. “We continue to have extensive conversations with all of them.”

According to 247Sports, Anselem is ranked as the No. 15 center and No. 85 overall player in the Class of 2020.

“Frank is a winner,” Prolific Prep coach Joey Fuca said. “He’s a great kid with huge upside. He runs the floor as a rim-runner, gets out in ball screen coverage, and rebounds high level.”

The 6-foot-10, 220-pound center from Napa (Calif.) Prolific Prep recently re-opened his recruitment after initially naming a final three of LSU, Alabama and Georgia.

Less than a week after naming his final three, Anselem announced his recruitment was “wide open.” His announcement came hours after LSU landed a commitment from 7-foot big man Josh Gray last Saturday."
He reminds me of a young Etan Thomas before he hit the weight room.

I like this kid hope we go after him hard.

Does anyone know what he wants to study?

Cal will move onto Sarr
Great call. Anselem’s advisers would have to tell him not to go to Kentucky if they land Sarr. I had stopped paying attention to this recruitment because I thought we had no chance but given the Sarr factor and the “heavy involvement“ referenced in the tweet by Jake this could get interesting.

Time after time I’ve convinced myself we have a chance recruiting vs Kentucky and Duke.

Time and time again I’ve been hurt.

Not sure I’m ready to be hurt again.

We won the LeRon Ellis sweepstakes.

Would love a kid like Anselem, but what's the recruiting pitch for JB when SU returns 3 centers in '20 and only one leaves after next year? Does he have the skills and mobility to play PF?

Would love a kid like Anselem, but what's the recruiting pitch for JB when SU returns 3 centers in '20 and only one leaves after next year? Does he have the skills and mobility to play PF?
Yea he can play the 4. But he would be a good rim protector 5. Kinda why UK makes no sense to me because his game is very similar to Isaiah Jackson in my opinion. Hopefully he can see that and how he can be used here.

Looked at his tape, he is a center. Much better and higher rated 4 star prospect than what SU currently has with our 2 young returning centers. Could present a playing time issue but clearly an upgrade from centers we've recruited in recent years.

But when UK showed interest the kid and his camp were over the top thrilled/excited/etc...hope it was just the hype of them showing interest and he makes the smart choice.

something else that might work in our favor. UK has strong connection with Cisse. I would imagine they want him 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom