Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing against wku they had some good teams in the past I.remember they pulled off a huge upset over Seton Hall I think it was 93. They haven't made the tourney in seven years and play in conference USA. I just find it odd how they are getting all the four and five star recruits.

I still remember little Mark Bell and Darell Mee against SH.

this board’s going to be pleasantly surprised with JBA.
If our coaching staff felt that way they wouldn't be trying to get every center recruit out there and his brother.

Actually they would because they are. The worry is if either Edwards or JBA blows up, the other might transfer. That would leave us with just one big man.

Wasn’t there talk of moving Edwards to a forward spot?

Wasn’t there talk of moving Edwards to a forward spot?
on this board? sure.

on this board it's also viewed as a stone-cold lock that edwards will red-shirt if the staff lands another center...despite no precedent whatsoever for a non-injured non-freshman using a redshirt under JB

Whats the scoop on jba? I know he was highly rated earlier in his hs career and apparently can shoot but why the optimism now?
He’s a high ceiling player thats putting on muscle at an encouraging rate. His style is more that of a guy that doesn’t mind contact, however his game stretches out to the perimeter. He will look more comfortable with the ball in his hands, while by next year hopefully hold up better physically versus bigger 5’s and crashing forwards.

on this board? sure.

on this board it's also viewed as a stone-cold lock that edwards will red-shirt if the staff lands another center...despite no precedent whatsoever for a non-injured non-freshman using a redshirt under JB
I never understood the Jesse redshirt thing. JB let's these kids decide if they want to redshirt and he's in line to get a lot of minutes this season as the primary backup. Why would you give that up? And, in my opinion, if Frank A commits to Cuse, he's not stepping into major pt this year unless he's the most underrated big man in the country. I love his confidence but that jump from high school to ACC level play is huge.

I never understood the Jesse redshirt thing. JB let's these kids decide if they want to redshirt and he's in line to get a lot of minutes this season as the primary backup. Why would you give that up? And, in my opinion, if Frank A commits to Cuse, he's not stepping into major pt this year unless he's the most underrated big man in the country. I love his confidence but that jump from high school to ACC level play is huge.
I think both Edwards and JBA were prime RS candidates coming in last year, but the we couldn't RS both of because of our need this year. I posted about that here in October.

Now I think Edwards still needs to get stronger and in his interview from a few days ago he stated he is focusing on working on his body.

Some guys have a harder time than others putting weight so if he comes back 30-35lbs heavier and significantly stronger than no he should not RS but if it was easy for him to gain weight he would have done so already. I'm sure IMG had him on a strong and conditioning program before he ever got here, so it may take him some time.

Last edited:

It wouldn't make sense at all unless a big man comes in that locks up those backup minutes instead of Edwards (and even as someone that's generally low on Edwards, I think it's unlikely that an incoming freshman is a lock for those minutes).

Capture.JPG

Very Odd comparison and not sure how its relevant. Are you suggesting that Q would have same success recruiting male players and we should hire him to succeed jb?
No. My point is that the women's program is recruiting better than the mens program since Hop left.

I still remember little Mark Bell and Darell Mee against SH.
Then 15 years later, Courtney Lee led WKU back to the Sweet 16 in 2008. That is about the frequency that WKU makes even a bit of noise - once every 15 years. Oh, and Western Kentucky has far less money than the M5 (Money5) schools do. Some folks call them the P5 schools, I have heard.

Actually they would because they are. The worry is if either Edwards or JBA blows up, the other might transfer. That would leave us with just one big man.
I would take that scenario right now. I don't see either blowing up. I see both guys as solid contributers sharing time at the position.

Between this thread and the Dior one, I usually forget what the thread is about from page to page. Does make for some interesting reading though.

As for women's basketball, I'm all for it but not even the Div 1 championship game sparks my interest. No offense intended to those who like the game but I'd rather watch marble racing, and probably even a cornhole match.

Well, I guess woman's coaches are getting paid the same as men's coaches, right?
Way to compare apples to zebras. BTW - you said nobody cares. Clearly that is not factually correct. Saying that fewer people care, on the whole, would be accurate.

No. My point is that the women's program is recruiting better than the mens program since Hop left.
Are there 'bags' in the women's game?
Birkins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online