Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOnder if the delay in committing has anything to do with the uncertainty over what the fall semester will look like at SDSU. They have already announced the vast majority of classes will be online only. But I haven't seen anything about allowing students on campus (will need to be some, I assume for lab based and practical subjects) and certainly haven't seen anything regarding athletics.

WOnder if the delay in committing has anything to do with the uncertainty over what the fall semester will look like at SDSU. They have already announced the vast majority of classes will be online only. But I haven't seen anything about allowing students on campus (will need to be some, I assume for lab based and practical subjects) and certainly haven't seen anything regarding athletics.

This is not based on any insider info / intel -- speculation on my part.

But my guess is that he might be waiting for additional offers. If he liked any of the schools on his current list, he wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger - even under the current circumstances where he can't visit.

By the way, I have ZERO problem with a kid wanting to do due diligence. It just sucks that it seems to be coming at our expense, but if he wanted to be here [compared to WKU, SDSU, or anywhere else] then he would have committed already.

But my guess is that he might be waiting for additional offers. If he liked any of the schools on his current list, he wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger - even under the current circumstances where he can't visit.

By the way, I have ZERO problem with a kid wanting to do due diligence. It just sucks that it seems to be coming at our expense, but if he wanted to be here [compared to WKU, SDSU, or anywhere else] then he would have committed already.
There’s a few guys who are still announcing transferring, but for the most part that’s all done. I guess if Etienne commits somewhere for 2020, Anselem may think someone who doesn’t get Mac will reach out?

It’s hard to imagine at this point he’ll get many more offers

You may be right. I still think there is a conflict within his team and that is why no decision has been made.

There’s a few guys who are still announcing transferring, but for the most part that’s all done. I guess if Etienne commits somewhere for 2020, Anselem may think someone who doesn’t get Mac will reach out?

It’s hard to imagine at this point he’ll get many more offers

Again, no intel here -- but at one point UK was involved. Then, they landed the transfer, reportedly weren't enamored with his "handlers," and cooled on him - after it was earlier reported that they had interest / room / wanted to bring him in. So maybe they are hoping that rekindles. Who knows. But this has been very strange, and the longer it drags out, the worse our chances. If the recruit were truly locked in on those final three, and looking to report for summer classes as a member of the class of 2020, then he would be moving more swiftly.

Again, no intel here -- but at one point UK was involved. Then, they landed the transfer, reportedly weren't enamored with his "handlers," and cooled on him - after it was earlier reported that they had interest / room / wanted to bring him in. So maybe they are hoping that rekindles. Who knows. But this has been very strange, and the longer it drags out, the worse our chances. If the recruit were truly locked in on those final three, and looking to report for summer classes as a member of the class of 2020, then he would be moving more swiftly.
I definitely agree - it was ecstatic about Cuse he would have committed already

Screenshot_20200528-153103_Chrome.jpg

I do think that he probably would have committed if he really liked any of the six schools, but this is an odd time to be looking for a school, and he hasn’t exactly shown a propensity for sound, or decisive decision making. Normally, we may just move on from a kid with a recruitment like this, but JB really wants to shore up the 5 spot for the future, so might as well stick with it.

I tend to think that it’s more the need than the player, as I do with a lot of bigs, cough...Haarms...cough. But, we will be fine either way, and I’m not gonna throw in towel here just yet. He could be waiting for a better offer in his mind, or he could just be making sure that the next time he commits, it will be 100% where he wants to end up, and that there will even be a season at said school. Maybe all of the above, but who knows. Not I.

Okay, it is one month plus nine days of recruiting. So, he reclassified back to 2020. He could be a little Like Tauren Thompson and delay his decision until real late in the summer. Give Anselem some time say 2-3 more weeks and if he does not commit and does not show stronger Interest then he is not interested and we move on. I know that Syracuse is not putting all their eggs in on one player. Syracuse should not be held in suspense wasting resources if there is little to no interest on his part. Hopefully, Ettienne has legimate interest (it is just not publicly being displayed).

We are going to have a lot of angry big men on this team, since we will be starting 3 guards and have a bench of 3 forwards, 3 centers and only one guard.

Of course we are chasing all of these big man so we can play a small ball version of the 2-3 zone because that worked great last year why not repeat it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom