Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 49 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, I don’t get the point of posting the actual messages, like that somehow makes the hearsay & conjecture more factual.

The guy you messaged literally said “I don’t really know anything now that UK is out” and then said “I’m hearing Cuse”.

What does that even mean??
Answer - nothing.
He admitted he has no clue

You’re welcome to share whatever the heck you want.

Just seems silly to post what are effectively water cooler conversations between people who don’t have any actual information, as being some sort of tidbit of information

Jerky post. Please don't do this.

Is this dude good enough to start here next year or significantly contribute?
Who knows. Sidibe will start and he should...especially if he continues to play how he did towards the end of the season. We have a bag of mixed reviews from people that seem to have connections to the program. One seems to not think much of him and that he wont see the court. Another mentioned that our staff was trying to sell him on the idea of being a backup to sid this season but getting minutes. Take your pick I guess? I think things will work themselves out at the melo center if we land this kid. I'm not even going to bother giving my opinion on playing time. I'll just say that hes more athletic then any of our current bigs. How that translates and what he can do as a young freshman who knows? Let's just land the kid and then get to work!

In that workout tape we just saw, he didn't look too much bigger across the shoulders than Dutch Treat. Quite similar to my eye. Anselem looked bigger in another tape or two I saw but that must have been because of the competition. With another big guy in the workout, he doesn't seem like this great defensive player to me. He seems like he could be, but he's got a lot of work to do.

Who knows. Sidibe will start and he should...especially if he continues to play how he did towards the end of the season. We have a bag of mixed reviews from people that seem to have connections to the program. One seems to not think much of him and that he wont see the court. Another mentioned that our staff was trying to sell him on the idea of being a backup to sid this season but getting minutes. Take your pick I guess? I think things will work themselves out at the melo center if we land this kid. I'm not even going to bother giving my opinion on playing time. I'll just say that hes more athletic then any of our current bigs. How that translates and what he can do as a young freshman who knows? Let's just land the kid and then get to work!
Very well said!

Probably did. And I am not for a second doubting JB's ability. just that there have been good players that he didn't see play. Moten is another one.

Thats kind of crazy though.

So this kid moves Edwards to 3rd and JBA to 4th team or how is this going to shake out. somebody currently on the roster is making us push hard for bigs.

I’m confused by the lack of enthusiasm some of the people on this board are showing. We may be getting a 6‘10 220 pound center as opposed to our usual 6‘10 190. Had he not committed this year the kid would’ve been a top 50 recruit next season. While he may not be ready to play a huge role next year so what? Rebounding in the ACC has been a problem for us for years as has interior defense on many occasions. And our staff has shown ability to help bigs improve their offense over the years so the fact that he is not a finished offensive player right now should not be a huge concern, most bigs are not finished offensively when they get to college And few contribute right away.
if we get him we will have beaten out some excellent programs. I think this could be a huge get for us.

Last edited:
I’m confused by the lack of enthusiasm some of the people on this board are showing. We may be getting a 6‘10 220 pound center as opposed to our usual 6‘10 190. Had he not committed this year the kid would’ve been a top 50 recruit next season. While he may not be ready to play a huge role next year so what? Rebounding in the ACC has been a problem for us for years as has interior defense on many occasions. And our staff has shown ability to help bigs improve their offense over the years so the fact that he is not a finished offensive player right now should not be a huge concern, most bigs are not finished offensively when they get to college And few contribute right away.
if we get him we will have beaten out some excellent programs. I think this could be a huge debt for us.
I am as excited as can be reasonably expected in the midst of a global pandemic while our nation is in the midst of bountiful internal strife. And my refrigerator is broken. But, I am excited for F.A. to pick SU, just no cartwheels.

if we get him we will have beaten out some excellent programs. I think this could be a huge debt for us.
I am excited but will hold my enthusiasm for him a bit until he verbals here. If he does.

It is good to get a big guy with a huge wing span who can run the court well. When you can get one with a good build who you know is going to be able to get significantly stronger, and he has a giant wing span, you have to take him.

I think he has some parallels to Rakeem Christmas. That is a very good thing.

giphy.gif

So this kid moves Edwards to 3rd and JBA to 4th team or how is this going to shake out. somebody currently on the roster is making us push hard for bigs.
This is more about opportunity. An opportunity to keep Dolezaj at the 4. An opportunity to have a game-ready backup for Sidibe. An opportunity to get a leg up on finding Sidibe’s replacement for next year. An opportunity provided by the sudden exodus of three players.

It’s nothing against Edwards, who might redshirt, or JBA, who might play some 4.

I’d definitely rather have “too many” Bigs than not enough.
Certainly hope he ends up Orange.

But won’t be heartbroken if he doesn’t.

At least we won’t have to wait very long to find out.

and in the end, we’re all just water anyway. :p

k 1
He was #85 in the 2021 class before he re-classed. Now he's #184 in the 2020 class based on the composite ranking.

One thing I have learned is take rankings with a grain of salt. Historically the coaching staff has done a really good job of projecting high school kids sub top 50 into the system at Cuse. Obviously everyone including me would like to see 5* and burger boys but Cuse has gotten alot out of those "B" and "C" list kids imo.

at one point this was his rankings.

"Anselem is a four-star prospect. He is ranked as the No. 43 prospect in the class of 2021 by ESPN, which is the highest among the four major recruiting systems and is slated at No. 81 by Rivals — which is the lowest among the ratings. Meanwhile, 247Sports has him situated at No. 51 in their rankings, and 247Sports Composite has him at No. 60"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom