Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds to me like due diligence is important to him. Fine by me especially when there’s almost guaranteed to be more transfer options before the summer ends

I don’t think due diligence is that important to him. By all accounts he was ready to sign on to UK before Sarrs landed there. And that’s with no campus visit or anything.
I think he wants prestige, a blue blood. Just shooting here. I hope that’s not the case.

Maybe none of these centers think they will get much playing time with a senior Sidibe and JE and JBA having a year under their belt. Not many big men come out of high school and do much in a league as tough as the ACC.

Maybe none of these centers think they will get much playing time with a senior Sidibe and JE and JBA having a year under their belt. Not many big men come out of high school and do much in a league as tough as the ACC.
I'm sure playing time next year would be a concern. Not sure a 4 star recruit is worrying about Edwards or Jba.

I'm sure playing time next year would be a concern. Not sure a 4 star recruit is worrying about Edwards or Jba.
I have to believe the staff is pretty high on Jesse. He and JBA have both learned the system which takes time for incoming players. FA thinks he is a 4star and should get PT right away, IMO. That's what seems to be the issue with all the guys they have reached out to. It's somewhat of a dilemma because they want a guy who could be available this year but those guys want real PT. If they got a developmental prospect they would want to RS him and he probably wouldn't be much to turn to in a case of injury or foul trouble anyways. Maybe a D2 grad transfer who wants to be part of SU basketball or someone along those lines.

Edwards was in the 100-200 range as a recruit, same as Anselem.

Edwards was in the 100-200 range as a recruit, same as Anselem.
Ya but I doubt he's going to be intimidated by him. Just a guess but he probably thinks he's better and can beat him out.

I have to believe the staff is pretty high on Jesse. He and JBA have both learned the system which takes time for incoming players. FA thinks he is a 4star and should get PT right away, IMO. That's what seems to be the issue with all the guys they have reached out to. It's somewhat of a dilemma because they want a guy who could be available this year but those guys want real PT. If they got a developmental prospect they would want to RS him and he probably wouldn't be much to turn to in a case of injury or foul trouble anyways. Maybe a D2 grad transfer who wants to be part of SU basketball or someone along those lines.
I'm sure they are and I like Jesse too. I'm just looking at it from his point of view. He probably looks at our roster and thinks Sidibe is a senior so I'm not beating him out but there are no all Americans on the roster I can beat the others out to be the backup center and then start as a sophomore.

I'm sure they are and I like Jesse too. I'm just looking at it from his point of view. He probably looks at our roster and thinks Sidibe is a senior so I'm not beating him out but there are no all Americans on the roster I can beat the others out to be the backup center and then start as a sophomore.
I guess you would have to be privy to his conversations with the staff. I honestly don't think he can take Edwards, for a young gangly kid who hasn't played much basketball, he displayed a lot of finesse and fierceness.

I guess you would have to be privy to his conversations with the staff. I honestly don't think he can take Edwards, for a young gangly kid who hasn't played much basketball, he displayed a lot of finesse and fierceness.
Like I said I like Jesse I think he's going to have a good career here. But I doubt a 4 star recruit doesn't believe he can beat him out for pt.

Like I said I like Jesse I think he's going to have a good career here. But I doubt a 4 star recruit doesn't believe he can beat him out for pt.
There must be a reason all these prospective recruits shied away. I think they must get some sense that Edwards is a key player from their coversations with the staff.

Just wanted to share a major update seeing as though there has been radio silence with Franks recruitment...he was spotted today working out wearing ORANGE kicks...its a done deal everyone!
Screenshot_20200519-184320_Snapchat.jpg

I see more potential than any actual big (Lydon was a 4 forced to play 5) since Rak. I could be missing someone, as I just can't retain all that stuff any more.

There must be a reason all these prospective recruits shied away. I think they must get some sense that Edwards is a key player from their coversations with the staff.
I assume your talking about tape haarms Ballard. They probably thought those other schools gave them a better chance to win. If this kid doesn't come here it will because wku paid him or another school wad a better fit not because he was worried about getting pt.

I assume your talking about tape haarms Ballard. They probably thought those other schools gave them a better chance to win. If this kid doesn't come here it will because wku paid him or another school wad a better fit not because he was worried about getting pt.
I would think he would want to go some place where he could get a lot of playing time, maybe even start, to show scouts that he could play in the league. Stewart went to UW 1 year and now is going to the NBA. That's what most 4 and 5 star guys envision. Syracuse is going to win a lot next year with or without him.

I would think he would want to go some place where he could get a lot of playing time, maybe even start, to show scouts that he could play in the league. Stewart went to UW 1 year and now is going to the NBA. That's what most 4 and 5 star guys envision. Syracuse is going to win a lot next year with or without him.
Stewart was a top ten recruit. He's not that good but he should get minutes next year should he come here.

I'd guess that the pitch is something like:

"We have a returning starter, but he wasn't that productive last year. It's an open competition, and PT is there for the taking, if not the starting role outright. You are PERFECT for what we want to do defensively, so you're going to get a chance to compete for major minutes.

Sure...sure...there are two other big guys on the roster, but they didn't play nor contribute much last year -- so no worries there. They'll be good guys for you to practice against, to get you ready for the NBA."

Some of that would undoubtedly be smoke, but the kind of stuff kids want to hear.
Just wanted to share a major update seeing as though there has been radio silence with Franks recruitment...he was spotted today working out wearing ORANGE kicks...its a done deal everyone!
View attachment 181498

Uh oh -- he's signing with the Miami Dolphins...

Time for a summary check.
So, this thread started one month ago and Syracuse was jumping under the gun as Frank Anselem, a 4 star center had reclassified and was no longer committed to LSU. Georgia and Alabama (the other two of his original final three choices) are out. Kentucky, San Diego St, Arkansas, Syracuse, Western Kentucky and Seton Hall were the final six (at that time). Seton Hall and Kentucky fell out of the running supposedly. Leaving Arkansas, San Diego State, Western Kentucky and Syracuse In the hunt, with each taking “the lead”. Anselem wants playing time or a path that leads to playing time. Syracuse can not guarantee that path (due to a starting center and 2 sophomore backups) while Western Kentucky, San Diego State and perhaps Arkansas can.

Now we are in a supposedly wait mode while Anselem decides to visit the school or schools still in the running. It is a wise decision but leaves everyone hanging. There is a least one Syracuse poster that has real good inside bit still nothing `firm’. We are nearing 1000 posts in a little over 30 days and no one knows exactly where we stand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors