Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for a summary check.
So, this thread started one month ago and Syracuse was jumping under the gun as Frank Anselem, a 4 star center had reclassified and was no longer committed to LSU. Georgia and Alabama (the other two of his original final three choices) are out. Kentucky, San Diego St, Arkansas, Syracuse, Western Kentucky and Seton Hall were the final six (at that time). Seton Hall and Kentucky fell out of the running supposedly. Leaving Arkansas, San Diego State, Western Kentucky and Syracuse In the hunt, with each taking “the lead”. Anselem wants playing time or a path that leads to playing time. Syracuse can not guarantee that path (due to a starting center and 2 sophomore backups) while Western Kentucky, San Diego State and perhaps Arkansas can.

Now we are in a supposedly wait mode while Anselem decides to visit the school or schools still in the running. It is a wise decision but leaves everyone hanging. There is a least one Syracuse poster that has real good inside bit still nothing `firm’. We are nearing 1000 posts in a little over 30 days and no one knows exactly where we stand.
Arkansas is pretty much full. I don't think they are really a threat but that's just my opinion and I've heard nothing about them. They also have a few bigs on their roster similar to us. Scholarship wise I think if Isaiah Joe returns they are completely full.

Wku he wont be getting many minutes at the 5 because they have Bassey and I was told by a WKU guy they have a good 4 that fra k wouldnt start over...so minutes there would be whatever he can get from both the 4 and 5...kinda similar to our roster situation even though we have another guy or two. I highly doubt frank is worried about playing time when it comes to Jesse or JBA and that's not a knock on either of them. I'm just guessing that's his mindset from the tape hes watched and what hes been told.

SDSU I dont know much about their current roster except for the fact that they landed a big man transfer from maryland that's eligible to play immediately. 6'10 big guy. Other then then I'm not sure? (Anyone know their roster situation/playtime possibilities?)

So it looks to me like it's a cuse/wku and maybe sdsu (I've heard they aren't really a threat) and as far as cuse/wku they both are kind of similar in what hes looking at for possible playing time. So now you gotta ask yourself what hes looking for between those two programs...better program/conference it's easy. Exposure is us as well HOWEVER he will get plenty of exposure in a crap conference because of the attention Bassey will be getting from NBA scouts. He will get way more tv exposure with us but if all he cares about is being seen by scouts I think its probably pretty even. Then it's the current make up of the team and which team has the best chance for a successful season/tournament chances. Idk how good WKU is or can be but I do know Bassey is the real deal. Coaching style/fit idk what the kids looking for but with his athletic abilities and wingspan he is made to play in the center of our zone. It's a crap shoot but i still say we have way more to offer to the kid because you cant really compare our program to WKU in my opinion but that's the orange shades I guess. Kinda thought he would of decided by now so that kinda worries me a bit that hea looking for something else but who knows with these kids. This whole recruitment has been a bit strange from the start.

I think every hot take has already been washed, rinsed and repeated on this thread a few times already. If he were a top 50 recruit instead of a top 150 recruit, I assume we would be at 80 pages by now.
A top 150 player that is a center is top 15 at his position, so it changes the dynamics at bit.

A top 150 player that is a center is top 15 at his position, so it changes the dynamics at bit.
Top 15 at his position with evident Defensive potential and uncertain offensive potential who as his team‘s reserve or non-starting center ranked 85th overall in the 2021 class.

Hopefully, he signs with Syracuse which will remove the concern/need to get a center recruit in the 2021 class.

Top 15 at his position with evident Defensive potential and uncertain offensive potential who as his team‘s reserve or non-starting center ranked 85th overall in the 2021 class.

Hopefully, he signs with Syracuse which will remove the concern/need to get a center recruit in the 2021 class.
I am not commenting on how good he is or isn't, I'm commenting on how good he is relative to the competition at his position.

It's why quality big men are so critical to team success there are not many of them and the drop off comes quicker and steeper than other positions.

FWIW too the recent rival rankings I think are absolute crap. Travis Graf who helps run a UK site and helps with rankings etc let me know they were dropping Frank even more when all the drama around his recruitment was going on and he dropped UK. I think they did him a bit dirty and theres some politics involved. Had he picked UK instead of dropping them I guarantee his ranking in their recent release would have looked much different. Just sayin.

Oh, there are shenanigans related to recruiting rankings, and certain schools being involved?
Or not?

You don’t say? ;)

Oh, there are shenanigans related to recruiting rankings, and certain schools being involved?
Or not?

You don’t say? ;)
Yea lol..it was interesting that he happened to let me know that they were probably going to drop him out of the top 150 and this was right after Frank dropped them from his list. :rolleyes: yea ok UK guy who helps with the rivals rankings...totally makes sense.

Yea lol..it was interesting that he happened to let me know that they were probably going to drop him out of the top 150 and this was right after Frank dropped them from his list. :rolleyes: yea ok UK guy who helps with the rivals rankings...totally makes sense.
Would UK have been recruiting him if he were sub-150?

If I were to read that article not knowing anything about Frank, or his recruitment, then I’d say that SDSU, and Syracuse sound like they have the best shot at the moment. Of course that’s all based on 9 sentences, but I’ll take it. Even though SDSU has the edge with 5 to 4. It would seem that it comes down to what he prioritizes more. We can’t beat San Diego when it comes to location, but if it’s strictly a basketball decision, then I like our odds.

If I were to read that article not knowing anything about Frank, or his recruitment, then I’d say that SDSU, and Syracuse sound like they have the best shot at the moment. Of course that’s all based on 9 sentences, but I’ll take it. Even though SDSU has the edge with 5 to 4. It would seem that it comes down to what he prioritizes more. We can’t beat San Diego when it comes to location, but if it’s strictly a basketball decision, then I like our odds.

San Diego has a better symphony (I’m assuming here), but also the threat of catastrophic earthquakes. So I’d say those cancel each other out.

San Diego has a better symphony (I’m assuming here), but also the threat of catastrophic earthquakes. So I’d say those cancel each other out.

Yes, but - think of the EPIC background music that symphony could play -
right up until SD falls into the ocean. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom