Class of 2020 - C Hunter Dickinson (MD) to Michigan | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Hunter Dickinson (MD) to Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUbear

All Conference
Are we looking at a kid named Hunter Dickinson from Hyattsville?

Kid is over 7' , class of 20, seems to be fairly athletic as kids that big go. He is also solidly built not a thin guy. Has some offensive skills. He seems to be quite open in his recruitment at this time.

Kid is over 7' , class of 20, seems to be fairly athletic as kids that big go. He is also solidly built not a thin guy. Has some offensive skills. He seems to be quite open in his recruitment at this time.

G-Mac has been keeping an eye on him for a while now. Just never started a thread for Hunter. 5 star kid though, no doubt. Caught a couple of his games (Team Takeover) in Atlanta. He went for 10 points, 8 boards, and 1 block against PSA Cards. T.T. is 17-0 and so balanced... so his stats won't pop off the charts. He is averaging about 9 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, and 1 block per game in the EYBL.

Last edited:

FYI: That video was from a year ago at the end of his freshman year. He looked better as a sophomore this spring in my opinion. Skilled big with touch.. can shoot and pass. Not a supreme athlete, but his footwork is solid.

Last edited:
Cuse isn't listed here, but that doesn't mean we won't bring watching and/or keeping tabs...

Some commentary on the skilled big man from the Top 100 Camp in June...

"After spending some time at the under-18 USA Basketball trials last week, Dickinson was back in Virginia, showcasing his entire repertoire on Thursday. While he may lack for athleticism, the overall skillset out of the 7-footer is something else. A big that knows how to post and then repost, score over either should, and pass out of the double team has become a dying breed. Maybe Dickinson is here to infuse some talent into the throwback center position. The lefty is arguably the most skilled low post high school center prospect since
Jahlil Okafor and he made his case that much stronger on Thursday."

First Team All Underclassmen at Hampton in May...

"In a day and age where highlight reel dunks and pick-and-pop jumpers have become the norm for frontline stars, Dickinson is a complete throwback in the post that can score on a bevy of counter moves, rebound in volumes, and pick apart the opposing defense with the accurate pass off of the face-up.

A limited athlete at this stage but arguably the most polished 10-foot-and-in center in America, the DeMatha Catholic standout is a starter for an undefeated Team Takeover team. Whenever crunch time comes and a basket is needed, Dickinson is the go-to for the deepest travel team nationally. He will head to the United States under-18 training camp on Wednesday but before he did, he averaged 10 points and 6.3 rebounds in Virginia, all while making close to 70 percent of his field goal tries."

All Underclassmen at Indy in May...

"Hunter Dickinson is the man down low for the best team in grassroots basketball. The 7-footer anchors the best defense in the EYBL, and while his numbers don't jump off the page, Dickinson's importance in Team Takeover's rotation cannot be understated. Star junior big man Armando Bacot (247 No. 21) the Takeover frontcourt in Indianapolis, bolstering an already terrific set of big men led by Dickinson. Takeover has a great chance continue their undefeated streak if Dickinson remains healthy and productive moving forward."

Some highlights of HD from the EYBL first session at Dallas in April...

Here are some clips from his HS championship game back in March where you can see the lefties ability to shoot it...

Here are some clips from his HS championship game back in March where you can see the lefties ability to shoot it...
Seven footers that have some mass, and can at least be marginally athletic are hard to come by. On top of that this kid has some offensive skills. I think we could do far worse.

Seven footers that have some mass, and can at least be marginally athletic are hard to come by. On top of that this kid has some offensive skills. I think we could do far worse.

I don't disagree with you. I'm on board having a center with some bulk and skill manning the middle. Like I said previously, he has been on our radar. Lots of action in recruiting during July. Maybe an offer will be an extended soon...

I don't disagree with you. I'm on board having a center with some bulk and skill manning the middle. Like I said previously, he has been on our radar. Lots of action in recruiting during July. Maybe an offer will be an extended soon...

If interested we should offer soon, this kid is starting to get offers already, but so far has not indicated great interest in anybody. Snooze you lose.

Tonight, Dickinson had 8 points, 5 boards, 4 assists, 2 steals, and 1 block in 19 minutes of action. Team Takeover beat E1T1 65-55.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom