Class of 2016 - C James Banks (GA) Transferring from Texas to Ga Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C James Banks (GA) Transferring from Texas to Ga Tech

None of us knows how 2016 recruiting will turn out; I do like Banks's size and athletic ability. We need bigs to go with all the guard types we are looking at.
james banks 3552956.jpg

SU is chasing at least 2 centers for '16. Looks like SU knows another scholarship is likely to open up. Could be Coleman, Obokoh, or any number of scenarios. I say Obokoh because they may feel he isn't going to make the jump they were hoping for. Hope I am wrong on that. I like Banks athleticism. He is raw and rather thin, but has good hands and can get up and down the floor. He even made a dribble drive in the lane.

Since "nostalgia" is a longing for the past - usually for something that no longer exists - shouldn't we be troubled by the fact that Banks says the Syracuse basketball program has a 'nostalgic' appeal?

"Banks said he, Gilbert and Kobi Simmons talk privately about their potential college destinations." PS
Well thats an interesting quote. I didn't know all three were that close. What could this mean as far as who may commit? Reading the tea leaves im guessing at least one of them is comming here.

"Banks said he, Gilbert and Kobi Simmons talk privately about their potential college destinations." PS
Well thats an interesting quote. I didn't know all three were that close. What could this mean as far as who may commit? Reading the tea leaves im guessing at least one of them is comming here.

It would seem like at least with the guards they know we cannot take both. They also likely know first to commit would get the spot. It would seem like a good thing for us as long as we are being strait with all three kids.

Does anyone know why this was expected. Mo Bamba is bouncing...seems like playing time would be available.

Does anyone know why this was expected. Mo Bamba is bouncing...seems like playing time would be available.
I don’t think he was very good and he didn’t get much run. Not sure that would have changed next year as rumors in Austin are that they were doing the grad transfer route for a center anyways.

The other freshman big they brought in was really impressive as well so I assume with him probably being in line for the starter spot and Banks already not doing much he saw no time.

This is one I would definitely pursue.
Yeah, seems like a no-brainer. He was a Hop guy, so we might have to compete with Washington.

isn't this guy looking for playing time? How much is he going to get here?
After sitting out a year, he could get quite a bit, even as a backup center.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom