Class of 2016 - C James Banks (GA) Transferring from Texas to Ga Tech | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C James Banks (GA) Transferring from Texas to Ga Tech

Are we planning on getting all our ships back for next year or what? :confused: I know nothing about Banks and sort of figured if we had room for a big it would be Keita whom we are involved with. Its great to see a lot of sudden action on the recruiting front however confused it happens to make me.

6'10" 230 - so he's got some size ... another GA prospect. Someone open up a GA pipeline? This kid is the fourth from the state that they've offered or expressed serious interest in.

So what happens if this kid accepts the offer tomorrow and we are left with no scholarships for either Murray or battle?
I've always wondered this. I have to figure that SU gives them an offer with stipulations (e.g., we're really interested in you, but ...) and at the same time, kids can't always get the feel goods that they're 2nd or 3rd choice.

Though, I can imagine if your choices are committing to Tulsa or Long Beach State or waiting for a shot at an SU, KU, or Louisville, you'd probably wait.

I've always wondered this. I have to figure that SU gives them an offer with stipulations (e.g., we're really interested in you, but ...) and at the same time, kids can't always get the feel goods that they're 2nd or 3rd choice.

Though, I can imagine if your choices are committing to Tulsa or Long Beach State or waiting for a shot at an SU, KU, or Louisville, you'd probably wait.

I am sure some are conditional offers and that is communicated upfront.

That said I would not be shocked to see us having as few as 5-6 returning players again next year.

This one puzzles me a bit, he seems like a decent prospect from what little I could find about him, but he certainly doesn't seem like he would be a guy that would come in and play right away With the sanctions (even if they are lightened up after the appeal) we are in no place to take players that won't be able to contribute for a few years.

I am sure some are conditional offers and that is communicated upfront.

That said I would not be shocked to see us having as few as 5-6 returning players again next year.
Yeah, the other rumor I've seen is that the staff is going to double down on recruiting OAD players to offset some of the sting from sanctions. So either SU will get scholarships reduced allowing for deeper recruiting classes, or they're going hard after top-20 kids to maximize impact from fewer players. Banks seems to be indicative of the former.

Ok I've done some digging and it looks like there are two James Banks in GA. There is this one, who plays at Mt Vernon Presbyterian, and there is another that plays at St. Francis with Simmons. Both players are 6'10 and the one we offered is the higher ranked of the two. Banks plays with Simmons in AAU so that is most likely where we've seen him and after finding a better clip of him, I am starting to like what I see. He has a soft touch around the rim and really good timing on the defensive side of the ball waiting until the last second to go up to block the shot. He runs the court well for a big and gets himself in position to score in the post when ever he can. The only downsides I saw in the video was that he likes to bring the ball down and dribble once before going up, which won't fly at the next level and he was playing some rather lackluster competition. Hopefully playing on his new AAU team he will face some legit bigs and we will have a better understanding on what we are looking at with this prospect.

I agree with Fly Rodder that JB must have got some kind of news about getting some ships back because we have offered more class of 16s in the last week than we have in the last six months.

Ok I've done some digging and it looks like there are two James Banks in GA. There is this one, who plays at Mt Vernon Presbyterian, and there is another that plays at St. Francis with Simmons. Both players are 6'10 and the one we offered is the higher ranked of the two. Banks plays with Simmons in AAU so that is most likely where we've seen him and after finding a better clip of him, I am starting to like what I see. He has a soft touch around the rim and really good timing on the defensive side of the ball waiting until the last second to go up to block the shot. He runs the court well for a big and gets himself in position to score in the post when ever he can. The only downsides I saw in the video was that he likes to bring the ball down and dribble once before going up, which won't fly at the next level and he was playing some rather lackluster competition. Hopefully playing on his new AAU team he will face some legit bigs and we will have a better understanding on what we are looking at with this prospect.

I agree with Fly Rodder that JB must have got some kind of news about getting some ships back because we have offered more class of 16s in the last week than we have in the last six months.
It's the same James Banks, there isn't two. He starred off playing with Kobi and crew but wasn't getting any burn, so he decided to transfer to the other school where he averaged close to a triple double in pts, rbs, and blks. Was a standout in a few camps recently where his stock started to take off and high major offers started to roll in. Currently plays more of a role player inside on his AAU team that has about 3-4 5 stars on it, with Kobi being one of them.

It's the same James Banks, there isn't two. He starred off playing with Kobi and crew but wasn't getting any burn, so he decided to transfer to the other school where he averaged close to a triple double in pts, rbs, and blks. Was a standout in a few camps recently where his stock started to take off and high major offers started to roll in. Currently plays more of a role player inside on his AAU team that has about 3-4 5 stars on it, with Kobi being one of them.
This is why you are such an integral part of this board, you seemingly know everything about every player no matter who they are or what they've done in the past. What are your personal thoughts on Banks and do you think this offer means good things on the appeal front? Thank you for doing what you do and don't ever stop.

Any talk of Bank and Kobi being a package deal out there?

This is why you are such an integral part of this board, you seemingly know everything about every player no matter who they are or what they've done in the past. What are your personal thoughts on Banks and do you think this offer means good things on the appeal front? Thank you for doing what you do and don't ever stop.
Thanks for the kind words, and keep writing many more takes about prospects that you've seen because I really enjoy your write ups as well.

Banks is basically a new comer to the game and has only played organized ball for about a few years now. He might not have great immediate impact, but could become a gem for somebody midway through his college career. No clue about the appeals stuff, but I'm sure the staff is certain that a few more players will be off the roster after next season. So it could be possible that we'll have a 3-4 man class in 2016 when all is said and done.

Any talk of Bank and Kobi being a package deal out there?
No. I think Mississippi St will be tough to beat for Banks, due to a close relationship that he has with an assistant there.

Looks pretty raw both athletically and skills wise at this juncture. Raw players can develop in bursts, which is what I am hoping has happened during this recent AAU circuit. He did look like a "long" 6'10, despite playing against some smaller competition, anyone have a wingspan on him? I hope we are getting some 'ships back because others have already mentioned we do have to be very careful with who we offer given our allotment for the next 4 years.

based on that video, he needs work. But like was said upthread, it looks like he has an 8' wingspan and quick feet, which are two of Jimmy's favorite traits in a big man.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned maybe we know more about DC2's capability of playing another year.
True ... I just hope it's because they see him as ready to turn pro and not because they don't think his knees can handle more than one season of basketball.

based on that video, he needs work. But like was said upthread, it looks like he has an 8' wingspan and quick feet, which are two of Jimmy's favorite traits in a big man.

True ... I just hope it's because they see him as ready to turn pro and not because they don't think his knees can handle more than one season of basketball.

Also he may not want to risk another season in college if he gets through one healthy and might also have his degree. It wouldn't be strange at all to me if he left even if it was to go overseas and play as long as the knee's will hold out.

Looks pretty raw both athletically and skills wise at this juncture. Raw players can develop in bursts, which is what I am hoping has happened during this recent AAU circuit. He did look like a "long" 6'10, despite playing against some smaller competition, anyone have a wingspan on him? I hope we are getting some 'ships back because others have already mentioned we do have to be very careful with who we offer given our allotment for the next 4 years.
The PS had some quotes from his coach yesterday, and he said Banks had a 7'5 wingspan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom