Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
how much?

Well, as Jake mentioned, might be his knees. And, if not, he rarely plays again at SU. He may start, if healthy, but Marek earns the most minutes at the 5 next year. By his senior year, Sidibe remains a seldom-used backup, at best.

i think that is clear at this point

but i also think it has always been the plan to take 2 bigs in this class

I never doubted that. But if we take another big next year, it needs to be something other than a project.

He’s more skilled than any center we have now, and he could easily move to power forward.

He actually reminds me of bazley a bit from the limited video of him. Although bazley had a real good handle and was like a point forward. Not enough video of him to determine if hes THAT skilled but he does seem to have some offensive abilities. We obviously need help at the 5 so I'll take anything we can get that can put the ball in the basket instead of this 4 on 5 stuff we've been playing. Get our bean poles working with our football s&c coaches please!

He actually reminds me of bazley a bit from the limited video of him. Although bazley had a real good handle and was like a point forward. Not enough video of him to determine if hes THAT skilled but he does seem to have some offensive abilities. We obviously need help at the 5 so I'll take anything we can get that can put the ball in the basket instead of this 4 on 5 stuff we've been playing. Get our bean poles working with our football s&c coaches please!
Football conditioning and basketball conditioning are different animals.

Has to be, hes looked useless out there this year outside of fouling. Something is way off.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised by everyone talking about a lack of skill or ability with Sidibe. Memories here seem really short, particularly after a few recruiting misses and a loss on the court. Sidibe put up 7, 8 and 11 points in three of his first six college games, playing about 20 mpg (outside of a 7 minute stint vs. Oakland). He obviously also had the big game at Pitt.

But the bottom line is he could barely move for the second half of last season and he just hasn't been healthy and/or confident all year this season. Kid's a good prospect and potentially even has some athleticism ... but he's got to be healthy and that's a huge question mark.

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised by everyone talking about a lack of skill or ability with Sidibe. Memories here seem really short, particularly after a few recruiting misses and a loss on the court. Sidibe put up 7, 8 and 11 points in three of his first six college games, playing about 20 mpg (outside of a 7 minute stint vs. Oakland). He obviously also had the big game at Pitt.

But the bottom line is he could barely move for the second half of last season and he just hasn't been healthy and/or confident all year this season. Kid's a good prospect and potentially even has some athleticism ... but he's got to be healthy and that's a huge question mark.
Maybe he should've just sat last year after the injury to get healthy. He had a nice low post back to the basket game in high school. Now he just looks like Keita in the paint (minus the dunks) on offense.

Maybe he should've just sat last year after the injury to get healthy. He had a nice low post back to the basket game in high school. Now he just looks like Keita in the paint (minus the dunks) on offense.
Tendinitis is tricky. Surgery is a crap shoot and often doesn't help much.
Hopefully Sids health improves and he comes back stronger and better next season.

I can hear the announcers now...

Marek drives and dishes out to Dutch Oven Jesse for the 3!!!!

JB is high on Sidibe? Highly doubtful. Playing time speaks for itself. And how will Marek play the 4 if Brissett and Quincy are playing the 4?
I could see Hughes playing the 2 a lot next year to move Guerrier to 3 and OB to 4. If battle had left, Hughes would have played the 2 this year

I could see Hughes playing the 2 a lot next year to move Guerrier to 3 and OB to 4. If battle had left, Hughes would have played the 2 this year
Its gonna be crowded at the 1 and 2 spots next year. Lots of potential combinations.

Its gonna be crowded at the 1 and 2 spots next year. Lots of potential combinations.
To start season (backup): Carey (JG3) - Buddy (Goodine) - Hughes (Guerrier) - OB (doley) - Sidibe (jba, Dutch oven jesse)

By conf play: Carey - Hughes - Guerrier - OB - Dutch oven Jesse

To start season (backup): Carey (JG3) - Buddy (Goodine) - Hughes (Guerrier) - OB (doley) - Sidibe (jba, Dutch oven jesse)

By conf play: Carey - Hughes - Guerrier - OB - Dutch oven Jesse

Lol. Standard ridiculous high hopes in a recruits thread. The chances of this kid starting a game next year are about 1% higher than ours and thats because there is a 1% chance that all our centers get injured.

That’ll be interesting to see if that happens. Hughes has a shaky handle, but so does Buddy.

So we lost options B and B2 to uconn and Georgetown. Option A was never coming here, we just rationalized our hopes up towards the end.

Option c to umass
Im not sure how realistic he was to pursue in the first place, clearly he was looking for something we could not offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.