Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
His game seems like it may be able to translate to the 4 spot. He has better handle and shooting ability than Rick did. Could see him being able to close out well enough on the corners.

I recall reading somewhere that at one point he was had a much higher ranking, maybe before he got hurt or something. If he can stay healthy, works his butt off in our facilities with our staff he has a chance of being better than most of the comparisons i have seen. Better meaning a solid 4 year ACC player on winning teams. I do not know his ceiling, not sure if anyone knows.

He is somewhat a project on day 1, but not a project like the kid we had from Rochester years ago, it is more about confidence and conditioning/health,

He can shoot and score all over the court, this summer after playing poorly he bounced back and played very well, he will play next season and I love the addition. Signing kids to that will play 4 years builds and continues our success!!

His game seems like it may be able to translate to the 4 spot. He has better handle and shooting ability than Rick did. Could see him being able to close out well enough on the corners.

Don't get too far ahead of yourself. He's practicing without a defender and he's still a bit clumsy with his dribble. His jump shot form is looking better, and he is getting more mobile, but he still has a ways to go.

Did a little write-up on the guys ready to sign their LOI's today. Could have written so much more but so little time.

My only (minor) nit to pick is this -
JGIII is not the headliner of this class.
QG is #1 player in Canada, and Goodine is also higher ranked than Joe is.

We’re going to be loaded at 1-3 spots next year, with Carey, Hughes, Goodine, Buddy, and Guerrier (and HoWash) -
JGIII is unlikely to step in from day 1, but he will be a very valuable asset for us moving forward.

My only (minor) nit to pick is this -
JGIII is not the headliner of this class.
QG is #1 player in Canada, and Goodine is also higher ranked than Joe is.

We’re going to be loaded at 1-3 spots next year, with Carey, Hughes, Goodine, Buddy, and Guerrier (and HoWash) -
JGIII is unlikely to step in from day 1, but he will be a very valuable asset for us moving forward.

I can get behind that for sure! Here at Spectrum, we've covered JG3 for so long. The day he committed we had full coverage at his announcement. But QG I'm very excited for

I really think this kid is much better then a lot of people realize. 6'11 can shoot the deep ball and has a serviceable handle. Offensive skill set that's hard to teach with bigs. I really like this kid.

No paperwork today?

I can get behind that for sure! Here at Spectrum, we've covered JG3 for so long. The day he committed we had full coverage at his announcement. But QG I'm very excited for
JL, you're from Spectrum? Let me know who I should strangle there ... the one who made the decision to abandon local sports programming (trade away important content for profit). Spectrum has been absolutely TERRIBLE with SU coverage - not to mention other local sports programs along the thruway corridor in upstate.

Last edited:
JL, you're from Spectrum? Let me know who I should strangle there ... the one who made the decision to get rid of local sports (trade away important content for profit). Spectrum has been absolutely TERRIBLE with SU coverage - not to mention other local sports programs along the thruway corridor in upstate. Yes the LC is coming for SU in '19. But there's a lot Spectrum could have done (and can still do with 3d tier content) to support SU and other local sports. VERY VERY disappointing. If they don't support the LC with open arms, there's going to be a (another) revolt against Spectrum and I'm going to lead it.

Spectrum did the same with their local sports channel here in KC. I hardly watch it anymore.

Spectrum did the same with their local sports channel here in KC. I hardly watch it anymore.
Sorry to digress from the thread, but it's awful. They're corporate vultures - no roots or sense of community responsibility at all - even though they operate in every county and could easily continue the TW tradition of promoting local sports. If there's ANY trouble getting the LC here I'll be the first one in the torch line.

This is why the company was fined $2M dollars and kicked out of the state by the PSC (they're fighting it in court). They need to grow a conscience and start giving back to the communities that allow them to operate as a NY public utility.

Last edited:
Jeremy L. looking back at the vitriolic responses to his seemingly harmless post...

200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors