Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood the nickname and sorry always thought it was dumb. But you are the only one that offers a consistent nickname.
You have to read the original post by OttoinGrotto. Comedy gold. Seems everybody doesn't appreciate it, which makes it funnier still. Then there is its' resilience. You will learn, grasshopper.

Thickburger is kind of a legend...

I didnt get it either until I knew what CJ stood for, but then I just read that you didn't in the famous post, so I'm confused again. If you really didnt know, you were in tune that night bro!

Just now I decided to find out how Carl's Jr got it's name. It never really made sense to me, and I guess it wouldn't have other than to locals. I'm not going to call myself an "insider" though, and will share freely:
Carl Karcher (1917–2008) and his wife Margaret (1915-2006) founded the predecessor of Carl's Jr. in 1941, starting as a hot-dog cart in Los Angeles. In 1945, the Karchers moved to Anaheim, California, and opened their first full-service restaurant, Carl's Drive-In Barbecue. As the restaurant became successful, Carl expanded his business by opening the first two Carl's Jr. restaurants in Anaheim and nearby Brea in 1956. They were so named because they were smaller versions of Carl's original drive-in restaurant. That same year, the chain was officially renamed Carl's Jr. and the fast-food chain took off.[1]

I was never a fan, because my first exposure was commercials where the people act like selfish jackasses. I guess those work for the majority of society though, lol.

As for the nickname, it also took me a long while to get because I'd never heard of a Thickburger. I grew to enjoy the Audicity of Otto the Arbiter for the self appointment though, so the name grew on me(I still dont get why some other member gave himself the custom rank of "sexual thickburger", but OIG obviously has inspired board culture, and derserves some recognition. The guy inspires the rest of us who have never glimpsed The Payside(tm) to know that it is still possible to climb to elite status.

I've been egging him on for awhile for new names, but I think he may be in name of creative aids(not the hiv).

I wonder if JBA's parents and siblings say "Goodnight Jon Bol" each night? Has he ever watched Star Trek TNG? I'd like more intel on him to help aid Otto. The offseason can be long, so I see no harm in nicknaming recruits.

bol jak orangeman. bazinga !

iD4Qh2v9Enc1Obu0fPXLVmEIed0.jpg

i'm sorry is this mic on ?????

Last edited:
Guys, seriously, stop hating on Dreaming. He is providing info, much of it useful. If you don't like, it don't read it. Mocking is childish and unnecessary.

Personally I appreciate his intel. It may not be perfect but a whole lot of it has been spot on.

SU Dreaming, keep doing what you do.

Last edited:
Very intrigued in this guy, looks like one of the most skilled bigs we've recruited in awhile.

I too enjoy what little Ive seen of The Big Man From The Sudan(tm). I checked youtube, and nothing from him. Some Bol Bol and a bunch of other interesting stuff, though. I wonder what our chances are like? Seems like a third of the former Big East has offered him already, plus Wake and the Billikens. Speaking of former Big East schools and Bol Bol, UConn has offered John Bol Ajak and Bol Akot. Yes, the Huskies could be playing with a pair of Bols(tm).

Good to see Jon Bol Ajak in attendance last night on a visit.

In other Bol news...
Bol Bol committed to Oregon yesterday. Mild upset that he didn't end up at Kentucky.

Huh? Your posts are fine informationally, but I have no idea what you’re saying most of the time.

Looks like youre giving him too much credit. I make some "out there" posts, and I make a few rare predictions, but there 2 are never combined. I'm all for microdosing, but there is nothing micro in that post.

has anyone seen him play recently? any comparisons or info would be great thx

has anyone seen him play recently? any comparisons or info would be great thx

Haven't seen him play recently, but if he is still at Church Farm School, he isn't going to see much in terms of competition with the schedule they play...and definitely isn't going to many legitimate big men on his schedule...exception might be Abraham Deng at VFM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom