Class of 2019 - C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jon Bol Ajak (PA) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember on the eve of the tournament, before it was publicly disclosed that arinze was out, bobby knight & coach k in separate interviews declared syracuse the clear favorites to win the whole thing. two guys who know more about what it takes to win it than just about everybody, so it is not just we fanboys who know what might should have been.

apologies for the thread hijack
I can’t stand Knight as a person, but I respect his basketball knowledge, and he LOVED Syracuse that season. He definitely felt that we were front runners to win the whole enchilada.

you get a shot at a top big man you ink him. the pickings at 6'8 plus get slim quick. having fab,rak, moose and dajuan was a luxury i'd like to get accustomed to.just like 1800 thread count sheets. you sleep easier.

Time to seal the deal

I think you will get your wish. The competition for him isn't too tough:

Pitt wants QW over JBA (I think we did too but no one will admit it)
Nova has cooled on him a long time ago, as did Wake Forest.
So if we're going up against Rutgers, VCU, George Washington, UConn and Georgetown, it's highly likely. JBA's stock has fallen drastically.

Ho hum...:confused:

This would be another wasted scholarship. Please move on. If this is our big man hope for this year, we are getting whipped on the recruiting trail.

I think they see Ajak as a developmental big man, not a kid that’s gonna see a ton of minutes right away. We still want to land Carrigan or Jones as guys who would get instant playing time at center.

I think they see Ajak as a developmental big man, not a kid that’s gonna see a ton of minutes right away. We still want to land Carrigan or Jones as guys who would get instant playing time at center.
Agree on your assessment of JBA. Do you view Kai as a guy who can contribute right away at center? I love the guy. I'll be pumped if we get him. I view him a bit more as a 4, at least until he gets stronger and puts on some weight. Thoughts?

Agreed on both counts., And there's nothing wrong with that -- JBA might be a redshirt candidate, as well.

But with such a large class, I don't think it is a bad outcome to spread players out eligibility-wise, to balance the roster a little better.

Syracuse has some shoes to fill in its frontcourt, and after Jim Boeheim and his staff made an early strike in the 2019 class in the form of Rivals150 guard
Brycen Goodine
, the Orange's frontline will be the point of emphasis this weekend.

The now and the future will be on campus, as
Quincy Guerrier
, a high-end four-star prospect, will spend an official visit. He has already visited Oregon and could potentially visit Illinois next month, as he will enroll in college mid-year and could actually suit up in a meaningfully game at the turn of the calendar year.

The Canadian talent will be joined by
John Bol Ajak
, a top-50 prospect in the center category who saw his recruitment really pick up this summer. Others including Georgetown, Pitt and VCU remain involved, but the Orange might be the favorite. Guerrier is not far off from a decision, and Ajak might not be, either, so Syracuse is in a prime spot to refill its frontcourt cupboard in the weeks ahead.

The thought of adding JBA is growing on me. Still would love to add Jones or Carrigan though as well. That duo would be a great foundation for the future along with Sid. JBA could develop into a Baye type player. With a bit better shooting stroke. High energy defender who could turn into a solid anchor for the zone. Sign me up.

If commits we take him rught? Or do we wait to see what Wahab does?

If commits we take him rught? Or do we wait to see what Wahab does?

I think we definitely take him, still recruit the heck out of Wahab but we don't want to be left holding the bag like with Quade.

So obviously we made wahabs top 5 and we are still pursuing him but I think we try and nail down JBA and then add Carrigan and were good to go. Just my gut feeling but I dont think wahab comes here and I've never thought we are getting stew. Goodine, Guerrier, Akok, JBA and Carrigan! I'd be fine with only landing JBA as long as we get Akok.

I'm ok with JBA but I really hope we land somebody a whole lot better. JBA has potential, but IMO he's slow footed. He has a soft touch on his jump shot, but that's also his problem... he's IMO soft. No killer instinct, no swagger, just missing something that I can't put my finger on. Maybe by his junior or senior year he could contribute, but even then there's something intangible missing in his game. We need the depth so I hope we get him, but I hope we land someone more college ready along with him.

IMO landing JBA as our ONLY big in this class would be a huge disappointment. He's the guy I have pegged lowest in terms of talent that we're recruiting at his position. If we added Stewart, Akok, Dimon, or Wahab, then JBA can become a valuable piece in the depth/backup department. But just him is not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom