Class of 2016 - C Kalif Young (ON) to Providence | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Kalif Young (ON) to Providence

Space eater project with low ceiling. I don't understand the interest.

does this tell us anything about Taurean T?
yep. his wait and see approach may not be in the interest of Syracuse. In fact, JB has notoriously not played the spring signee game.

Apparently Duke is watching him as well, and Pitt has already offered.
I trust their eye talent over mine, but I watched a few videos, including a half of a game and I just see a decent height, bulky kid using his considerable size advantage over much smaller kids, and not even being all that successful at it. I am no great guru, but he looks like a below the rim space eater that is going to get his shot blocked like crazy at the next level.

does this tell us anything about Taurean T?

I saw Francis state on Twitter that we don't want to get caught with out to lunch again like we did last year with Bryant, and that we will be so loaded in the frontcourt next year that Thompson may not want to sit behind people for a year if he can play right away at another school.

Saw that video, which is old short. Going off that (which is a mistake), he reminds me of a left-handed Eric Williams from 1997 and '98, before he transferred to UMass.

We r Syracuse. We can do better than this kid.

Pretty dumb post. Providence offered and they are currently ranked in the top 10. Pitt offered, they're ranked and routinely have quality front courts. Duke and Indiana are interested.

I'm a rock guy, but I do like the hip hop reference. Big Wiz Khalif(a) has a good ring to it. But I have to think Taurean DOES beat The Wiz.:cool:

Nobody beats the Wiz. Nobody.

seinfeld-wiz.jpg

I'm just not down with taking a Wiz right now. Maybe later, I will be feeling it, but not right now. If we don't get Thompson and DC stays, I would stay where we are at.

Big Wiz Khalif was checked out by SU again tonight.
SU crew with another presence at Big Wiz Khalif's game this morning. Could be a leverage move to let Thompson know that we're looking at other options and we won't let him string us along forever. The important thing to remember is that JB has not watched Khalif play yet. If he actually does that then you know things will get real here.

That's the big man from St. Benedict's that I mentioned on my latest pod, who really caught my eye as somebody that's worth a look if we missed out on Thompson, more so than Young. That's the only highlight film I could find of him and it's from 2014. Held his own against Mo Bamba, in the game that I was able to watch.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/bourama-sidibe

SU crew with another presence at Big Wiz Khalif's game this morning. Could be a leverage move to let Thompson know that we're looking at other options and we won't let him string us along forever. The important thing to remember is that JB has not watched Khalif play yet. If he actually does that then you know things will get real here.

That's the big man from St. Benedict's that I mentioned on my latest pod, who really caught my eye as somebody that's worth a look if we missed out on Thompson, more so than Young. That's the only highlight film I could find of him and it's from 2014. Held his own against Mo Bamba, in the game that I was able to watch.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/bourama-sidibe

Love the mobility and the way this kid puts the ball on the floor. He weighs 250? Didn't look like it from those clips.

Hard to glean much from the level of competition, but those were the things that popped for me that have nothing to do with the quality of competition. Lefty, too. Intriguing.

Love the mobility and the way this kid puts the ball on the floor. He weighs 250? Didn't look like it from those clips.

Hard to glean much from the level of competition, but those were the things that popped for me that have nothing to do with the quality of competition. Lefty, too. Intriguing.
Not sure if there was some confusion. The vid wasn't Young, who is listed around 250, it's the other guy that I mentioned in the writeup below the vid. He's listed at 220.

Not sure if there was some confusion. The vid wasn't Young, who is listed around 250, it's the other guy that I mentioned in the writeup below the vid. He's listed at 220.

I see--didn't realize you were talking about Sidibe. Should have read more carefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom