Class of 2019 - C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously we are not favored to get this kid but he would be a great get and don't you think we have a better chance of getting this kid than you did before he included us in his final 8? Stranger things have happened, especially if we can get him on campus.
Well said.

Eh not sure I believe we are in this (I think he is down to like 4 or 5 and is name dropping) BUT if we get a official then that's different. Guess well see what happens!

I think hes really down to Kansas, Pitt, uconn, st johns and maybe LSU. Would love it if we get a visit and at least have a chance to show him what we are about!
How is crappy Pitt involved? Does anyone know the story with Kofi’s recruitment? It’s been pretty strange. I got the sense we backed off because we didn’t think we could land him ultimately, so we focused on other targets. Are there other reasons? Or are we legitimately still involved?

Last edited:
How is crappy Pitt involved? Does anyone know the story with Kofi’s recruitment? It’s been pretty strange. I got the sense we backed off because we didn’t think we could land him ultimately, so we focused on other targets. Are there other reasons? Or are we legitimately still involved?

Pitt involved =dirty capel...his recruitment has been a bit odd but I dont know much other then reading the tea leaves along the way. Not sure if we did back off or not but I guess we'll all find out soon enough if we get one of those visits then obviously we have been involved still. Would love to land a big like kofi but for a long time now I've thought we were out of his recruitment. Hopefully we get a chance and that's all we can ask for. I think our staff has done a great job at putting us in position with multiple recruits this time around.

"The recruitment of top-30 center
Kofi Cockburn
is a bit muddied at the current moment and while he cut his school list last week, no visits have been scheduled. However, Pitt did make the list and continues to make a push for the big man, and head coach Jeff Capel was in to see Cockburn as recently as two weeks ago.
Akok Akok
’s situation is clearer, as the top-35 forward is down to a final five of Providence, Georgetown, UConn, Syracuse and Pitt. While many believe that the Friars, Huskies and Orange are the three to beat, do not discount the Panthers here. They are much more involved with Akok than many think, and while it would still be a surprise to see Akok commit to the ACC program, his visit to Oakland could change things in the coming weeks."

Looks like Pitt is getting similar treatment in the media as UConn is.

I think you need to have examples to go to. We have had success with guards and athletic forwards so they can see a path with our program. A big physical big man who is this kid supposed to look at to immolate. Out side of Rak's senior year who can he look at over the last decade. UK can use Anthony Davis and Cousins for example. We ask our big kids to block shots and set screens. Most kids don't want to just do that if they are highly rated.

Rick Jackson and Arinze got fed the ball a lot in the low block. They both were double digit scorers and rebounders. It's not like you have to go all the way back to Etan Thomas.

Capel and kofi seem like a match...

How on Gods Green Earth can Pitt actually attract a 5* Oak Hill Center coming off the dumpster fire they’ve had the last two years. They couldn’t recruit at that level before said dumpster fire. You can’t tell me that Capels magic doesn’t involve cheating in some way.

Everyone gunna lose their minds if they pull out a top 5 or so class

Status
Not open for further replies.