Class of 2019 - C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2 problems in the cities: Street agents and the fact that we are just finishing up our 2nd probation.

Some similarities, yes. But let's not make the jump to The Diesel just yet.

Article mentions Cuse here...
"Kansas, UNLV, Villanova, Syracuse, Miami are the programs that Cockburn is getting the most interest from."

I'd love to get this kid. Already has a build for the college game. We've had good luck with thinner guys but give me a muscular guy who can kick butt and take names any day.

I'd love to get this kid. Already has a build for the college game. We've had good luck with thinner guys but give me a muscular guy who can kick butt and take names any day.
It may take him half a season to get used to the zone rotations. Fortunately, while he's learning he's not going to get pushed out of the lane.

Cockburn matched up with John Bol Ajak for most of this one and they battled. Kofi had the better stat line: 16 points, 6 boards.

Last edited:
Yeah, I am not so sure either.

He would be a huge get, pun intended. Man playing amongst boys in most cases. He was about 2 times the size (not in terms of height) of Ajak (who is more of a bean pole-- wasn't all that impressed with JBA, but he didn't back down from this tough matchup).

Kofi was solid all weekend (except for the blowout loss to the Cards-- nobody played well for the Rens in that one though), but the Rens had a tough go of it in Atlanta as they went 1 win and 3 losses here.

Kofi finished with 12 points, 14 rebounds, and 2 blocks in his fourth/final game of the weekend.

50/50 between SU and UConn according to 24/7.

Hurley hiring the ex-con as his recruiter is paying dividends in NYC. Some schools are willing to play dirty to succeed in case you wonder why SU can't get the highly touted recruits especially in the five boroughs.

50/50 between SU and UConn according to 24/7.

Hurley hiring the ex-con as his recruiter is paying dividends in NYC. Some schools are willing to play dirty to succeed in case you wonder why SU can't get the highly touted recruits especially in the five boroughs.
They haven’t landed anyone except Brendan Adams and grad transfers though

Status
Not open for further replies.