Class of 2019 - C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Kofi Cockburn (NY/Oak Hill) to Illinois

Status
Not open for further replies.
6' 11" Center playing ball in New York City. I don't see him on our radar yet. Coach Hopkins, go get this one. Great size for the zone. He's in our backyard in NYC via Jamaica. Like all big men, still raw but sounds athletic. When SU is playing ball in NYC hopefully this kid can come watch us play. Love playing games in NYC.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/28/611-teen-left-jamaica-for-ny-and-now-has-huge-hoops-potential/

View attachment 64843
6' 11" Center playing ball in New York City. I don't see him on our radar yet. Coach Hopkins, go get this one. Great size for the zone. He's in our backyard in NYC via Jamaica. Like all big men, still raw but sounds athletic. When SU is playing ball in NYC hopefully this kid can come watch us play. Love playing games in NYC.

http://nypost.com/2016/05/28/611-teen-left-jamaica-for-ny-and-now-has-huge-hoops-potential/

View attachment 64843

View attachment 64843

View attachment 64843

What you think are chances are?

I'm not much of an odds guy, but I'd put it at 60-Cuse/ 40-field based on current offers. We also know Kofi is on record saying he wants to hear from the blue bloods. Still too early to really say with any certainty. Landing any one of the BIG 3 (centers) should be the #1 goal for '19 in my opinion.

I'm not much of an odds guy, but I'd put it at 60-Cuse/ 40-field based on current offers. We also know Kofi is on record saying he wants to hear from the blue bloods. Still too early to really say with any certainty. Landing any one of the BIG 3 (centers) should be the #1 goal for '19 in my opinion.
Agree we need 1 of the 3 centers for sure

One of the questions.. who do you keep tour game after?

Kofi: Shaq

Jalen: Westbrook

Kofi manning the middle of the zone and giving a legit big man post presence on O would be very nice...

Team: Renaissance (NY)
Record: 3-1 (8-8 overall)

EYBL Hampton stats: 18.0 PPG, 53.3 FG%, 13.3 RPG
Full season stats

Game 1: 11 PTS (4-8 FG), 10 REB, AST
Game 2: 22 PTS (11-15 FG), 14 REB
Game 3: 17 PTS (6-14 FG), 15 REB, STL
Game 4: 22 PTS (11-17 FG), 14 REB, AST

The Renaissance (NY) won three games in Hampton and qualified for Peach Jam, and that wouldn't have happened without their star big man Kofi Cockburn. The 6-foot-11 center had two 22-point, 14-rebound games, en route to averaging 18.0 points and 13.3 rebounds. Cockburn is highly valuable on the defensive end as well, and did a terrific job of staying out of foul trouble during session four. The Renaissance are an extremely talented bunch, and if Cockburn is producing like this, they'll be a dangerous lower seed in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.