Class of 2018 - C Lukas Kisunas (Lithuania/Brewster Academy) to Stanford | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Lukas Kisunas (Lithuania/Brewster Academy) to Stanford

This kid would have been a better option than Roberts.

Just what we needed for next year. A bulky center with some skills.

Oh well.

How is he doing at Brewster this year? I like his tape, his skills and fundamentals look more advanced on both offense and defense than Manuel right now in my opinion, but that's going by highlight films.

He has to ask for his release, right?
Right. If you've signed your NLI, the school needs to release you. And can put restrictions on that release in regard to what school you can go to.

I’ve seen him play. We can do better.
At least he appears to have post moves. One of our weaknesses this year is that with the exception of an occasional lob/dunk to Chuckwu, they have demonstrated no ability to run any offense through our centers.

Right. If you've signed your NLI, the school needs to release you. And can put restrictions on that release in regard to what school you can go to.

And considering that we might play UConn at MSG next season, this might be a no-go.

UConn already lost their top 2 recruits for next year. Doesn't mean they won't end up back with UConn, but they asked for release for their NLI. Wonder if this kid will do the same

Although not sure how much interest we'd have. Gotta think we're set for big mne in 2018 with PC/Sidibe. We should probably look for 2019 bigs

I wonder if this guy's worth pursuing as a 4th forward. I don't see much intriguing from his clips ... except that he's beefy. Can he shoot it?

UConn already lost their top 2 recruits for next year. Doesn't mean they won't end up back with UConn, but they asked for release for their NLI. Wonder if this kid will do the same

Although not sure how much interest we'd have. Gotta think we're set for big mne in 2018 with PC/Sidibe. We should probably look for 2019 bigs
I doubt he's a one-and-done, so any 2018 big would be a 2019 big with a year of experience. He would, most likely, not get many minutes in 2018-19, but could see 15-20 mpg in 2019-20 and then a starting gig in 20-21.

That's not a bad career path for a mid-level recruit. Though, I don't know that SU would pursue.

I doubt he's a one-and-done, so any 2018 big would be a 2019 big with a year of experience. He would, most likely, not get many minutes in 2018-19, but could see 15-20 mpg in 2019-20 and then a starting gig in 20-21.

That's not a bad career path for a mid-level recruit. Though, I don't know that SU would pursue.

Agree across the board. It also might be solid insurance if one of our centers gets hurt, or if Sidibe doesn't bounce back physically, in addition to providing depth at the 4.