Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, if you consider Hughes, Carey, Washington, Braswell and Dolezaj are all leaving; that the freshmen are Plan B talents at best; and that none of the returning players will improve at all, we might as well plug in the 0-31 result now!

T-shirt time! I would imagine Edsall gets a bonus for that too.

Talked to someone in the know at the Dome yesterday. He strongly feels that Tape is not coming and that Mac is staying in 2021 and that we have a strong shot at him (moreso than clingan the following year.)

After talking with Tape I think there are some things that have to fall into place for him to land with SU. Of the 2021 guys I think Etienne is the most likely to be Orange right now -- though that's just my opinion. Michigan was in to see Clingan this weekend so I expect him to be flooded with offers this summer.

20200303_223043.jpg

After talking with Tape I think there are some things that have to fall into place for him to land with SU. Of the 2021 guys I think Etienne is the most likely to be Orange right now -- though that's just my opinion. Michigan was in to see Clingan this weekend so I expect him to be flooded with offers this summer.
Hmmm always thought it’d be Benny then Mac

I take this as he may not have a committable right now or am i way off?

I dont think thats at all what he was saying. I read it more along the lines of Macs thinking...why would he come to a school with 3 dudes at his position...whether he is better or not.
There's no guarantee there will be three guys there. Room can always be made after coaches evaluate and have converations with players. If JB thinks this kid is an upgrade and there is mutual interest from him, someone will look to transfer and JB will make it known there is plenty of room.

Feel like we’re not gonna get this kid, especially if we get the LBSU kid

Their games aren't similar plus Sidibe and Marek will be gone when Etienne is a freshmen.

Yeah but that’s 4 centers...
He and Morgan can play together i.e. Rick and AO.

Edwards and JBA are guys who are development players they arrived on campus with far less experience than Sidibe, nobody know how long it will take for them to develop.

He and Morgan can play together i.e. Rick and AO.

Edwards and JBA are guys who are development players they arrived on campus with far less experience than Sidibe, nobody know how long it will take for them to develop.
I agree but we kind of made our bed. We only get 13 scholarships, at some point we need to have faith in these guys. 4 scholarships to centers only leaves 9 for the other 4 positions - that’s less than desirable.

even if we could play 2 at once iM not sure if that’s ideal offensively now. The game had totally changed even since AO/Rick was here

I have similar feelings, with no inside knowledge whatsoever. Antigua, and Illinois are gonna be tough to beat out, which just doesn’t feel right typing out. Except the Antigua part. UCon too. If we get Morgan, then no worries on where Mac goes, but that’s just me. Love Mac’s motor, and potential, but with Jesse, and JBA in the mix, I’m not too concerned about the 5 spot until 2022 really, maybe even 2023. Gotta figure we have JBA for the next four years, along with the possibility that Jesse is here through the 2023-2024 season too. Granted, you want your next center to have a couple years in the program before taking over, so we probably add one by 2022, but Clingan is the only prospect so far in that class, and who knows on that one. I’ll just take Morgan now, and be done with it. I’m not too greedy.

I agree but we kind of made our bed. We only get 13 scholarships, at some point we need to have faith in these guys. 4 scholarships to centers only leaves 9 for the other 4 positions - that’s less than desirable.

even if we could play 2 at once iM not sure if that’s ideal offensively now. The game had totally changed even since AO/Rick was here
The game has not changed on the college level. Playing 2 bigs is very standard and is how many teams pounded us this year.

I think development scholarships should only be used for big guys.

4 bigs
4 forwards
4 guards
leaves us with a free scholarship.

We need extra bigs for practice alone, most walk-on are guards

I know we are being told that JBA is being groomed to play center, but if we actually find ourselves ‘cursed’ with it being too crowded at that position, couldn’t he just play PF? He was a perimeter dude in high school. Why. It consider him a Marek? Forward/Emergency Center. His competition is Guerrier, since Woody and Braswell also play more like threes than fours.

I know we are being told that JBA is being groomed to play center, but if we actually find ourselves ‘cursed’ with it being too crowded at that position, couldn’t he just play PF? He was a perimeter dude in high school. Why. It consider him a Marek? Forward/Emergency Center. His competition is Guerrier, since Woody and Braswell also play more like threes than fours.

Small sample size, but from what I've seen I see him being more of a Tyler Lydon type of player (a poor man's version)

Small sample size, but from what I've seen I see him being more of a Tyler Lydon type of player (a poor man's version)
Right. That's what i got from his high school clips, but someone in the know here said he's being trained to be a center.

From what i saw of Sidibe—high school clips and an all star game—he had a sweet midrange jumper. But, we didn't get to see any of that in orange. Kinda makes me wonder what we are looking at when recruiting. 'Conversions' of already raw players... seems like it would take a very long time to realize those 'benefits.'

Has he been briefed on corner 3 responsibilities or is JB waiting to drop that turd?

Connecticut Gatorade Player of the Year, how did the last one of those work out for us? With that being said, I really want Mac.

I think that the only similarlity is that they both can shoot [and it remains to be seen whether Ajak's range extends out to 3]. Lydon was pretty explosive and a stud rebounder / shot blocker. Ajak -- TBD.

I think that the only similarlity is that they both can shoot [and it remains to be seen whether Ajak's range extends out to 3]. Lydon was pretty explosive and a stud rebounder / shot blocker. Ajak -- TBD.
And, he could head and shoulder fake like nobody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom