Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume your speaking of his senior year since that is only time we have run our offense through a 5 in the last 20 years

Senior RickJack has a sadz. :oops:

He put up 13 & 10 avg that year, and only Jr KrisJo had a higher scoring avg (14).

Mac comes in at around the 3:45 mark to talk his most recent season. He also comes in again at 8:50 mark to talk what he believes are his strengths. And around 14:30 to reflect on some things.

"Syracuse, I've built a very close relationship with coach Gerry McNamara and I talk with coach (Jim) Boeheim and coach Red (Adrian Autry) all the time. I went there for their game versus Duke and honestly there was no environment like that. There was 33 thousand people in there just screaming at the top of their lungs and all rooting for their team. That just shows you how much support they have behind their program and just shows you that their fans actually enjoy being there.

"Playing in that type of conference, you play the best competition every night. That's something I'm potentially looking forward to.

Dior Johnson is always in my ear about it,

Chance Westry is always in my ear about it too."

"Syracuse, I've built a very close relationship with coach Gerry McNamara and I talk with coach (Jim) Boeheim and coach Red (Adrian Autry) all the time. I went there for their game versus Duke and honestly there was no environment like that. There was 33 thousand people in there just screaming at the top of their lungs and all rooting for their team. That just shows you how much support they have behind their program and just shows you that their fans actually enjoy being there.

"Playing in that type of conference, you play the best competition every night. That's something I'm potentially looking forward to.

Chance quote there is big...

I hope he comes to Syracuse. But it's unlikely that we're going to have basketball games with 33,000 fans in the dome, or anywhere else, in the 2020-21 season. If we have basketball at all in 2020-21, it is likely to be with no fans, or at best with "socially distanced" seating for fans.

This is the first time in a long time that he has said anything positive about the opportunity of playing at Syracuse. In fact, most published reports pertain to him going with UConn (which I have hoped was Fake News).

Make it official Chance.

With everything that’s happened I forgot all about Chance Westry.

Sounds lame tbh.
Probably cuts them from his top 50 after the zoom visit...so now hes down to like 49 schools. But in all seriousness how confident can we feel about mac with all the offers/interest going out to bigs this cycle? Doesnt seem like we are that confident but that could just be me misinterpreting the situation I guess...been known to do that more often the not :p

Probably cuts them from his top 50 after the zoom visit...so now hes down to like 49 schools. But in all seriousness how confident can we feel about mac with all the offers/interest going out to bigs this cycle? Doesnt seem like we are that confident but that could just be me misinterpreting the situation I guess...been known to do that more often the not :p
I have the same worry. Gmac has brought in some kids. Obviously Dior was a big win for him but if we are bring honest if Dior ever does make it to college I think it was going to be Cuse no matter who recruited him. He loves Syracuse and always has.

That being said Gmac still has a lot of work to do recruiting wise. I don’t understand our strategy with putting him on the lead with so many kids. Autry is a much better recruiter, hell I think Griff is at least even with Gmac. We miss Hop recruiting wise and Gmac is nowhere near that level. That’s just telling it how it is.

That being said, recruiting has taken a downfall for one HUGE reason in my opinion. We no longer have a succession plan after Boeheim. We had a transition plan when Hop was here so it was an easy sell to recruits (on top of Hop being a stud recruiter). Now coaches are able to negatively recruit against us because realistically we have no clue who is taking over after Boeheim and he won’t be here much longer and coaches use that against us. Don’t think that they don’t. So I think between Hop being gone and there being so succession plan has really killed us in recruiting. I’m pretty confident about that.

I have the same worry. Gmac has brought in some kids. Obviously Dior was a big win for him but if we are bring honest if Dior ever does make it to college I think it was going to be Cuse no matter who recruited him. He loves Syracuse and always has.

That being said Gmac still has a lot of work to do recruiting wise. I don’t understand our strategy with putting him on the lead with so many kids. Autry is a much better recruiter, hell I think Griff is at least even with Gmac. We miss Hop recruiting wise and Gmac is nowhere near that level. That’s just telling it how it is.

That being said, recruiting has taken a downfall for one HUGE reason in my opinion. We no longer have a succession plan after Boeheim. We had a transition plan when Hop was here so it was an easy sell to recruits (on top of Hop being a stud recruiter). Now coaches are able to negatively recruit against us because realistically we have no clue who is taking over after Boeheim and he won’t be here much longer and coaches use that against us. Don’t think that they don’t. So I think between Hop being gone and there being so succession plan has really killed us in recruiting. I’m pretty confident about that.
I don’t think we need to worry about succession for another five years. He probably wants to wait and coach Jimmy and Buddy’s kids.

Dior or coming at the perfect time, he can essentially recruit for us for 2022. I think it’s fairly obvious to everyone that JBs last year will be 2022 so it does make it tough for 21/22 kids to commit, so having Dior on board is HUGE.

I fully expect 2023 to be a tough year - it’ll be hard to get guys To commit without knowing the coach; it also could cause guys like Benny, Cruz/Westry to transfer. But that’s fine, I fully expected JB to load up for 2022 and a last run at it.

Dior has the chance to be an absolute legend; without his commit, JB probably goes out with a whimper - not getting kids to get commit due to the uncertainty of the coach past 2021, but Dior put that to rest and gave us a legit shot at a title

You’re pretty mistaken about that.

Please name every other D1 program that has an aging (let’s say 65 or older) head coach, that has a succession plan.

We'll wait here.

Spoiler alert - there are none.
Zero. Zip. Nada.

Just in our own conference, we have JB, K, Ol Cryin Roy, Hamilton, and Larrañaga.

Is their recruiting being hurt because they’re old, not gonna be around for much longer?
Surely other coaches are using that against them too. :rolleyes:

You’re pretty mistaken about that.

Please name every other D1 program that has an aging (let’s say 65 or older) head coach, that has a succession plan.

We'll wait here.

Spoiler alert - there are none.
Zero. Zip. Nada.

Just in our own conference, we have JB, K, Ol Cryin Roy, Hamilton, and Larrañaga.

Is their recruiting being hurt because they’re old, not gonna be around for much longer?
Surely other coaches are using that against them too. :rolleyes:
Except we went through the Hop mess. When we came out publicly and named a successor, it seemed obvious JB was almost done. Then Hop left. If that never happens I think this perception of his retirement isn’t there

Except we went through the Hop mess. When we came out publicly and named a successor, it seemed obvious JB was almost done. Then Hop left. If that never happens I think this perception of his retirement isn’t there
I wonder if the NCAA didn’t take the 101 Wins away from Boeheim’s record, would he been more open about retirement. He was over 1000 wins or about that then. Seem like a good milestone, then the NCAA swooped in and made an example (unwarranted or warranted) and did the natsy On him. If he gets to 1000 again in either 2 or 3 years, it may be all that is needed for retirement. I believe that he will be around for the 2022 season.

I wonder if the NCAA didn’t take the 101 Wins away from Boeheim’s record, would he been more open about retirement. He was over 1000 wins or about that then. Seem like a good milestone, then the NCAA swooped in and made an example (unwarranted or warranted) and did the natsy On him. If he gets to 1000 again in either 2 or 3 years, it may be all that is needed for retirement. I believe that he will be around for the 2022 season.

Oh, you believe he will be around for the arrival of his best recruit in TWO DECADES?

I’m not sure whether I should reference Colombo, Nostradamus, or Captain Obvious here. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom