Class of 2021 - C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 C Mac Etienne (CT/Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, you believe he will be around for the arrival of his best recruit in TWO DECADES?

I’m not sure whether I should reference Colombo, Nostradamus, or Captain Obvious here. :p
how about colonel james?

You’re pretty mistaken about that.

Please name every other D1 program that has an aging (let’s say 65 or older) head coach, that has a succession plan.

We'll wait here.

Spoiler alert - there are none.
Zero. Zip. Nada.

Just in our own conference, we have JB, K, Ol Cryin Roy, Hamilton, and Larrañaga.

Is their recruiting being hurt because they’re old, not gonna be around for much longer?
Surely other coaches are using that against them too. :rolleyes:
Agreed there are other old coaches in the conference that probably won’t be around in another 4-5 years. However none of them talked about retiring or had a plan to retire in the past 3 years like JB had planned too. Also you are going to tell me recruiting is the same as it was before when Hop was here and when we had a smooth transition in place for Coach in waiting. Recruiting definitely took a hit and coaches 100% use that against us. I’m pretty sure it’s been publicly stated in the past too that coaches have said that stuff against us.

Agreed there are other old coaches in the conference that probably won’t be around in another 4-5 years. However none of them talked about retiring or had a plan to retire in the past 3 years like JB had planned too. Also you are going to tell me recruiting is the same as it was before when Hop was here and when we had a smooth transition in place for Coach in waiting. Recruiting definitely took a hit and coaches 100% use that against us. I’m pretty sure it’s been publicly stated in the past too that coaches have said that stuff against us.
Does the fact that he got a taste of retirement when the NCAA suspended him for 9 games factor into his thinking? He didn't seem to like it then, from what I recall.

Except we went through the Hop mess. When we came out publicly and named a successor, it seemed obvious JB was almost done. Then Hop left. If that never happens I think this perception of his retirement isn’t there
That was also to try to stave off the predators who might have wanted to hire Hop. That ploy only worked on Hop for so long.

Tennessee has been KILLING it with recruting classes lately. What gives? Yall think Barnes is that good?

Tennessee has been KILLING it with recruting classes lately. What gives? Yall think Barnes is that good?

If he reclassifies and goes somewhere else that would suck...

Barnes use to have some of the best assistants out there. His Canadian assistant was top notch.

Hope we land this kid, fine with what we already have for 2020.

I think our current recruiting activity tells me we dont feel confident in our 2021 bigs we are recruiting. This kid also might reclass to 2020 and we are currently pursuing Anselem hard...so I think that says a lot.
Believe that if Syracuse gets a Center (Anselem) for 2020, they probably will not concentrate on getting a center in 2021.

Believe that if Syracuse gets a Center (Anselem) for 2020, they probably will not concentrate on getting a center in 2021.

Agreed. It will be all hands on deck to land big man Donovan to bring in with Dior and whoever else he brings with him. 2022 could be special added with what we will already have...but that's getting way ahead of ourselves. Still fun to think about though!

Agreed. It will be all hands on deck to land big man Donovan to bring in with Dior and whoever else he brings with him.

I think this is spot on.
logical.gif

Agreed. It will be all hands on deck to land big man Donovan to bring in with Dior and whoever else he brings with him. 2022 could be special added with what we will already have...but that's getting way ahead of ourselves. Still fun to think about though!
I think Clingan is a legit possibility - Hurley will be all in but ultimately it’ll be up to the kid if he wants to leave CT or not. I think Dior definitely helps us. Sanogo will be a junior by then so if he’s still around you gotta wonder how that effects Clingans decision.

As far as Mac...well you guys know what I think about that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors