Class of 2018 - C Majur Majak (NJ) to St Peters | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Majur Majak (NJ) to St Peters

So has this player been offered/signed/sent in his LOI yet?

I'm trying to figure out when I should get pissed and lose faith in the staff's recruiting chops. Again.

Sounds like an endorsement, but it also says "available."

If I'm picked last for kickball, I make the team, but am I really any good compared to the people who were chosen ahead of me??

AMEN ;)

Just sharing what is out there on him and keeping the focus on Majak. We all know where you stand. Try and not derail things again k? ;););)

No reason for anything to derail as long as my opinion is respected and I'm not misquoted . ;););)

No reason for anything to derail as long as my opinion is respected and I'm not misquoted . ;););)

Late to the party. I'll first say I respect your opinion because, well America, but I see one overall theme in the thread.

Your opinion: "This guy sucks and is a waste of a scholarship and no one will convince me otherwise."
Every other opinion: "This guys seems like a real project. I hope that if he winds up here, he ends up being decent at some point."

Isn't the difference here just optimism? Asking for a friend.

Late to the party. I'll first say I respect your opinion because, well America, but I see one overall theme in the thread.

Your opinion: "This guy sucks and is a waste of a scholarship and no one will convince me otherwise."
Every other opinion: "This guys seems like a real project. I hope that if he winds up here, he ends up being decent at some point."

Isn't the difference here just optimism? Asking for a friend.

You are right that there are a fair number of people like me, that aren't particularly high on Majak yet demonstrate more optimism (about his potential to eventually develop and get strong enough to contribute) than I do. Whether that is true optimism or fear of the backlash that one receives for posting what many perceive as negative, I don't know. Fair question... I hope I answered it as honestly as I could.

I love JB and Syracuse, and that doesn't change because I don't like one or two guys JB and the staff are pursuing.

That said, I hope I am 100% wrong about Majak especially since I'm predicting he'll eventually be suiting up in Orange. In fact I hope he becomes the next Olajuwon for that matter because that's what's best for Syracuse (if he comes). I gain nothing if I'm right and he's a bust. But I don't post for popularity, never have and never will. If Majak comes to Syracuse, I'll probably voice a high level of skepticism. BUT, I will root for him and pray for his development because I'm a fan and I care about this team. Until he officially gets offered and signs, however, my STRONG preference is that we look elsewhere.

Last edited:
I don't know where people find the time to watch high school games to render opinions on recruiting targets. I barely have enough time to do what I have to do for work and family.
I envy the time management skills.
:rolleyes:
Or lack of thereof skills

I can relate. I marvel at how people can assess any member of this message board's involvement in the college basketball scene on an anonymous fan page. I guess it's not much different than judging a recruit without seeing him in person. But I guess we should get back to Majak... and keep the focus on him.

Last edited:
Lol. One more trend that seems unbreakable in this thread:

"I have this incredibly important point to make, again that is all about me. It probably won't be the last time.

Ok everybody we need to stay on point. This is about Majak."

Lol. One more trend that seems unbreakable in this thread:

"I have this incredibly important point to make, again that is all about me. It probably won't be the last time.

Ok everybody we need to stay on point. This is about Majak."
^^^

You are right that there are a fair number of people like me, that aren't particularly high on Majak yet demonstrate more optimism (about his potential to eventually develop and get strong enough to contribute) than I do. Whether that is true optimism or fear of the backlash that one receives for posting what many perceive as negative, I don't know. Fair question... I hope I answered it as honestly as I could.

I love JB and Syracuse, and that doesn't change because I don't like one or two guys JB and the staff are pursuing.

That said, I hope I am 100% wrong about Majak especially since I'm predicting he'll eventually be suiting up in Orange. In fact I hope he becomes the next Olajuwon for that matter because that's what's best for Syracuse (if he comes). I gain nothing if I'm right and he's a bust. But I don't post for popularity, never have and never will. If Majak comes to Syracuse, I'll probably voice a high level of skepticism. BUT, I will root for him and pray for his development because I'm a fan and I care about this team. Until he officially gets offered and signs, however, my STRONG preference is that we look elsewhere.

Not to drag this out any further (but I am), I think where people get confused by your stance is that there is very little actual information out there on the interwebs about Majak. Very few actual game videos, very few in person performance reviews, and nothing at all recent. His ranking is likely based just on the fact he goes to a well known NJ HS. So no one really knows much about how good or bad he actually is. And no one knows what your basing your skepticism.

So an optimistic tone would be nice. But its your choice.

And no, you don't have to state your opinion again. We've already read it.

Anyone who isn't in their head pronouncing this kid's name as "Major Magic" is doing it all wrong
Hopefully he wears Orange and becomes a 5 star general by the time he is done.