Class of 2018 - C Majur Majak (NJ) to St Peters | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Majur Majak (NJ) to St Peters

In no way am I doubting the veracity of the information you're providing -- that article certainly states that. But it seems like a wasteful use of a limited resource, that is even more "scarce" given that we are still coping with scholarship restrictions from the NCAA. It is one thing to utilize it this year, when we have a scholarship that would lie fallow if it goes unused, to reward a hard working kid like Bayer. But to tie it up for two years seems like poor roster management.

Nothing against Bayer.
RF, my reply to JasonCuse was really intended as a response to you. I am surprised that the two year scholarship was granted in late December-but the only place I read about was in the Poughkeepsie newspaper. It was not mentioned in the Syracuse papers or the Daily Orange.

different major major .

major_major_major_major_aap_638.jpg

(catch 22)

From 2 years ago. Any recent clips of him?

I like this kid. He runs the floor really well for a guy his size. Catches the ball well(decent hands) and finishes at the basket. He needs to put on weight and add strength to be a complete package.

I hope he's gotten a whole lot better because what I've witnessed hasn't impressed me. Here's a link for his stats. 17 total field goals in 17 games. Zero offensive game at all. He is a shot blocker, that's about it. "Majur Project" is more like it. I've seen this coming for months... expect an offer very soon.

Majur Majak @ Patrick School High School - NJ.com

Last edited:
I hope he's gotten a whole lot better because what I've witnessed hasn't impressed me. Here's a link for his stats. 17 total field goals in 17 games. Zero offensive game at all. He is a shot blocker, that's about it. "Majur Project" is more like it. I've seen this coming for months... expect an offer very soon.

Majur Majak @ Patrick School High School - NJ.com
But he's also got 2 guys in front of him and time to develop, especially if Chukwu gets another year.

As others have said, if he redshirts and is still bad, they will recruit over him. He's not talented to scare off any big they are recruiting.

When I was looking at The Patrick School games to check out Manuel, my impressions of Majak were that he really looks like a project. He came in usually for Manuel when they pressed. He mostly made wide open dunks. He looked coordinated. This isn't Sean Williams but outside of maybe using him in our press, I don't think this is a guy who could give us 15 MPG next season. To me, he'd be an insurance policy next year if we even seriously go after him.

When I was looking at The Patrick School games to check out Manuel, my impressions of Majak were that he really looks like a project. He came in usually for Manuel when they pressed. He mostly made wide open dunks. He looked coordinated. This isn't Sean Williams but outside of maybe using him in our press, I don't think this is a guy who could give us 15 MPG next season. To me, he'd be an insurance policy next year if we even seriously go after him.
I had the same impressions of Majak. He is a project who would be best served with a redshirt year. Unless there are lingering issues with Sidibe, don't really see it as necessary to add a project center anyway. There is always Marek as a 3rd option and hopefully he will put on a few pounds and can be even more serviceable at center if needed.

I'd prefer to see them scour the international market or explore 5th year transfer options. Just don't see this kid helping next year. I think we can aim higher.

International market would probably be the better bet imho. Seems like it might get hard to get a 5th year transfer when they see Chukwu and Sidibe already on the roster. We know there are questions about Sidibe and his health but the lack of a guaranteed opportunity for playing time might not be attractive for someone who only has one year left.

International market would probably be the better bet imho. Seems like it might get hard to get a 5th year transfer when they see Chukwu and Sidibe already on the roster. We know there are questions about Sidibe and his health but the lack of a guaranteed opportunity for playing time might not be attractive for someone who only has one year left.

Good post, agree 100%. I meant primarily as an insurance policy -- maybe not as a starter. But you raise a good point.

I'd prefer to see them scour the international market or explore 5th year transfer options. Just don't see this kid helping next year. I think we can aim higher.

He wasn't even one of The Patrick School's two best bigs. The other kid Illinois offered was much better.

I'm not gung-ho about offering him but we really better hope that Sidibe's surgery fixes his issue or we will be playing 4 on 5 again next year. Even if we brought in Majak (and I don't think we will), he's not going to give us a post presence at the center position. We really need Sidibe to get right and also for Paschal's own tendinitis issue to not be an ongoing concern.

It's really important Sidibe get the surgery ASAP and have some time to get stronger and develop.

I agree and would not waste a scholly on this kid. Spread your horizon Coach. Like maybe west of the Mississippi. :)

We will have plenty of openings in 2019 but a regular transfer would do nothing to boost our center depth in 2018, as you know. I'm not sure why we'd wanna go that route.
We’re gonna be fine with depth this year. PC and S will man the middle again with one of the forwards spelling them if needed. It’s the following season we need bodies

He wasn't even one of The Patrick School's two best bigs. The other kid Illinois offered was much better.

I'm not gung-ho about offering him but we really better hope that Sidibe's surgery fixes his issue or we will be playing 4 on 5 again next year. Even if we brought in Majak (and I don't think we will), he's not going to give us a post presence at the center position. We really need Sidibe to get right and also for Paschal's own tendinitis issue to not be an ongoing concern.

It's really important Sidibe get the surgery ASAP and have some time to get stronger and develop.

The difference between next year's team being a very good team (there will be a lot of preseason "nonsense" on here about Top 5, Top 10) and a great team (potential Top 10) will be the presence of some type of interior scoring threat. Majak is not the answer.

We’re gonna be fine with depth this year. PC and S will man the middle again with one of the forwards spelling them if needed. It’s the following season we need bodies

Agreed. Marek will be just fine in emergency situations if needed. If PC or BS isn't healthy, or, if a quality recruit becomes available then that's different but I'd much rather use a scholarship on a transfer then on a big project because odds are they won't be able to contribute as a freshman anyway. JMHO

I want a guy as tall as can be to anchor the zone I’ll take a Chukwu that is raw any day