Class of 2017 - C Mohammed Bamba (PA) to Texas | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 C Mohammed Bamba (PA) to Texas

This kid is Anthony Davis 2.0. We missed on Davis, can't miss on Bamba.

I'm not a religious guy, but I'd turn the common student athlete response "I'm blessed to have received an offer from the University of Syracuse" ...to..."Syracuse University is blessed to have received commitments from Bamba and Green."

I can't help but think of Fat Albert muttering "Hey Ba Mamba!" which elicits me imagining hearing a slightly tweaked version of the phrase echoing inside the Dome after a thunderous dunk!
"Hey Mo Bamba!" You Juz got-ba Triple Dubbaya!!!!!

I'm not a religious guy, but I'd turn the common student athlete response "I'm blessed to have received an offer from the University of Syracuse" ...to..."Syracuse University is blessed to have received commitments from Bamba and Green."
And to that can we get an Amen?

AMEN

As has been mentioned, Bamba seems like a very well spoken guy. Sounds fairly humble too for being one of the top guys in his class and a likely one-and-done. With Roberson, Lydon, and Coleman all gone from our frontcourt after next season, it would be incredible to be able to bring Bamba in (with Green, please!!!) to play the 5 with Chukwu and possibly the 4 with Thompson. I have no idea what kind of foot speed Bamba has to cover the wing in the back of the zone. Even though he calls himself a PF, he definitely looks much more like a 5 in our system, granted I haven't seen many of his highlight clips. Here's hoping last weekend's trip with Green was a good one!

As has been mentioned, Bamba seems like a very well spoken guy. Sounds fairly humble too for being one of the top guys in his class and a likely one-and-done. With Roberson, Lydon, and Coleman all gone from our frontcourt after next season, it would be incredible to be able to bring Bamba in (with Green, please!!!) to play the 5 with Chukwu and possibly the 4 with Thompson. I have no idea what kind of foot speed Bamba has to cover the wing in the back of the zone. Even though he calls himself a PF, he definitely looks much more like a 5 in our system, granted I haven't seen many of his highlight clips. Here's hoping last weekend's trip with Green was a good one!
Kid can move! Definitely has good agility and speed for his height. One of those clips, check out how many blocks he had on the wing. Comes out of nowhere, Hak style.

I think he could get by as a 4 in the zone. His length alone covers a lot of ground, and he gets up and down the floor really well. The thought of Chukwu and Bamba on the back line is crazy.

I need to contain myself! :D After landing TT and AW to round out the roster for what could very well be an outstanding season for us this year, getting commitments from guys like Green and Bamba for '17 just sounds WAY too good to be true. Have we ever had a class as big as the one '17 is likely to be? The most I recall seeing us bring in is five in one class. For our '17 class to be one of the biggest, if not the biggest, AND to be one of the best, if not the best...just wow. Really want to see JB get one more championship before he rides off into the sunset.

Interesting. I assume he got an earful from Syracuse and now he wants to see what the rest of the suitors have to offer.

Hmm, thanks to Quade we seem to have basically gotten a free official visit from Mo. Perhaps like you say he is ready to start looking hard at his final choices and getting down to brass tacks.

Interesting. I assume he got an earful from Syracuse and now he wants to see what the rest of the suitors have to offer.

Hopefully he will not be influenced by MJ or Jeter who were also at the game today...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom