Class of 2018 - C Moses Brown (NY) to UCLA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C Moses Brown (NY) to UCLA

Caboose

Scout Team
2018 class, 5 star out of Briarwood, NY, and no offer? Shouldn't we at least have offers out to all 4 or 5 star recruits coming out of this state? I understand needs at certain positions and scholarship availability, but why not at least try? I guess there's always the possibility that he could have straight up shut down SU coaches' attempts to recruit him. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this recruit and why I don't see Cuse on his list.

He's been mentioned a few times. It is a mystery as to why we are not going after him. Perhaps someone "in the know" has heard something? NYC recruiting can be tough. If only we had an open coaching position so that we could get a NYC recruiter.

He's been mentioned a few times. It is a mystery as to why we are not going after him. Perhaps someone "in the know" has heard something? NYC recruiting can be tough. If only we had an open coaching position so that we could get a NYC recruiter.

Red grew up in NYC, right? Does he have connections there?

Red grew up in NYC, right? Does he have connections there?
Yes, I think he went to Tolentine with Brian Reese, IIRC. He must still have some NYC connections, but I think we need someone that is more recently connected to the inner workings down there.

I think Munch Williams could be that guy. He's the head coach of the PSA Cardinals, Quade's AAU team that was loaded with studs.

We need someone with I-95 connects from NYC to DC...that's been our bread and butter.

My in laws are around the corner from Malloy, wife was born and raised Briarwood. My grandparents apt was literally across the street from Malloy.

Visiting and staying over in Briarwood this weekend.

In summary: I'm on it.
See if I can talk some sense into this kid. After I post bail. For stalking. :)

Kentucky had/has interest. So mystery solved, what do I win?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I think he went to Tolentine with Brian Reese, IIRC. He must still have some NYC connections, but I think we need someone that is more recently connected to the inner workings down there.

Autry played at Tolentine with Brian Reese and Malik Sealy. They had some classic games against Molloy with Kenny Anderson and Robert Werdann.

Autry played at Tolentine with Brian Reese and Malik Sealy. They had some classic games against Molloy with Kenny Anderson and Robert Werdann.

Sure did - the golden era of CHSAA hoops. Throw in Christ the King with Derrick Phelps, Khalid Reeves, Jamal Faulker...

Sure did - the golden era of CHSAA hoops. Throw in Christ the King with Derrick Phelps, Khalid Reeves, Jamal Faulker...
Great names, gents. Only one of them I saw live was Kenny, pick-up, my local park court. Posted this a while ago, but speed was insane with the ball. Everyone's jaw dropped.

Oh and throw in Kenny Smith, Russ Smith, Molloy, Sue Bird, Jayson Williams, Jose 'Wish We Knew Ya' Alvarado and Jason 'We Knew Ya' Cipolla Christ the King.

Oh and throw in Kenny Smith, Russ Smith, Molloy, Sue Bird, Jayson Williams, Jose 'Wish We Knew Ya' Alvarado and Jason 'We Knew Ya' Cipolla Christ the King.

Jamal Mashburn - Cardinal Hayes

My in laws are around the corner from Malloy, wife was born and raised Briarwood. My grandparents apt was literally across the street from Malloy.

Visiting and staying over in Briarwood this weekend.

In summary: I'm on it.
See if I can talk some sense into this kid. After I post bail. For stalking. :)

My In-laws can see Malloy from their window. live just off Manton

I run into reeves father down here in south florida every once in a while. An all around good dude.

I think Munch Williams could be that guy. He's the head coach of the PSA Cardinals, Quade's AAU team that was loaded with studs.

And he steered none of them to SU ;)

This guy is insane. Just seen a video that was labeled mainly for “Cole Anthony” but this dude was dunking everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom