Class of 2018 - C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St

Folks. HE ISN’T COMING TO SYRACUSE.

He wanted to come here. I can’t believe folks aren’t really figuring out or making an educated guess. My goodness.
Many on here have followed this thread from day one and understands that he wanted to come here and only here. There could be many reasons why one may decommit . They also may not have the sources you may have to answer this one here. Stop making this as a read between the lines game and if you know, tell them. If you don't, say you don't.

Many on here have followed this thread from day one and understands that he wanted to come here and only here. There could be many reasons why one may decommit . They also may not have the sources you may have to answer this one here. Stop making this as a read between the lines game and if you know, tell them. If you don't, say you don't.

I have zero problem with people who know something making the choice not to share it for privacy purposes.
But that being said, those who don't know are talking amongst themselves about possible reasons. I think that seems fine too.

OR you can take it they know what they are talking about and don't want to say what it is. No reason to drag kids through a message board because grown men can't take people at their word. Many, many people on here are pretty big insiders and you will just have to learn to take them at their word and move on.

Folks. HE ISN’T COMING TO SYRACUSE.

He wanted to come here. I can’t believe folks aren’t really figuring out or making an educated guess. My goodness.
Most of the educated guesses have been refuted by people that say they are in the know. His coach was interviewed by a media member, saying it's not over. Please don't expect us clueless people to act as if we know what is going on just because you do.

People are going to speculate until they get a clear "why". Just as we don't have any right to anymore information than we currently have, you have no right to tell people to stop speculating. If you don't like that and you know the details about what happened, there's no logical reason for you to continue checking this thread. Of course, you have every right to keep coming back and telling people to shut up. Isn't the internet great?

so his grades are great and he wanted to come here.

thinking maybe his family wants him to be closer to home (for who knows what reason).

If it is so private then what else could it be other than a team Ricky roeing us at the last minute? A kid doesn’t deserve privacy if that’s what’s going on
Whatever man. Doesn't appear to an unpopular take.
unpopular, but it is a selfish take. Here is the bottom line. He isn't coming. Why does the reason matter? You or anyone else knowing why, will change nothing. The kid is 17 or 18. He owes you or anyone other than the staff, no explanation. You have invested zero money into his recruitment. I get the curiosity, but let it go.

unpopular, but it is a selfish take. Here is the bottom line. He isn't coming. Why does the reason matter? You or anyone else knowing why, will change nothing. The kid is 17 or 18. He owes you or anyone other than the staff, no explanation. You have invested zero money into his recruitment. I get the curiosity, but let it go.

Honestly I no longer care. We have a solid class with our top QB priority flipping to us at the last minute.

But awesome take anyway!

When there isn't a clear and public reason as to why this happened, don't be alarmed when people on here speculate.

If the people weren't "in the know" they would be speculating too.

And when people "in the know" can't divulge the reason and then say "let it go!", that really really doesn't help the people stop trying to come up with the reason they think might be good enough.

All in all this is baffling to me.

Normally when I want something, I do it. Unless of course there are reasons I absolutely can't.

1. It is not within my means
2. It is beyond my control
3. I changed my mind and no longer want the thing I thought I wanted

This board needs one of these...

jump-to-conclusions-mat.jpg

So from reading this thread, I know the following:

It's not academic.

It has nothing to do with other schools. So throw flips, potential flips, bagmen, etc out the window.

If it isn't those two, and it's been clearly stated that he wants to be at SU, then it means that something happened to prevent him from being able to do that, and the only thing that would make sense is something disciplinary. And unless it rises to the point of having an external investigation, i.e. police, you're not going to find out about it publicly anyway, so best just to consider the fact that he did something that prevented the staff from accepting his commitment and move on.

So from reading this thread, I know the following:

It's not academic.

It has nothing to do with other schools. So throw flips, potential flips, bagmen, etc out the window.

If it isn't those two, and it's been clearly stated that he wants to be at SU, then it means that something happened to prevent him from being able to do that, and the only thing that would make sense is something disciplinary. And unless it rises to the point of having an external investigation, i.e. police, you're not going to find out about it publicly anyway, so best just to consider the fact that he did something that prevented the staff from accepting his commitment and move on.
Based on my between the lines reading of everything today, this is the only explanation that I am finding to make sense.

So how is it ok for Indiana but not Syracuse? It seems to me we don’t believe in second chances for individuals who make mistakes. If that’s the case I don’t understand that logic because other Power 5 schools are recruiting Sampson with the understanding that something happened that prevented him from coming to Syracuse

BYW the same can be said for Colt Brennan who if I remember correctly already paid the penalty for his misconduct, but then was basically told his character isn’t good enough so he went to Hawaii. Just my opinion I bleed Orange but it seems like as accepting as they are with allowing students into school that they are becoming what they say they aren’t

I guess some visits just go better than others.

So how is it ok for Indiana but not Syracuse? It seems to me we don’t believe in second chances for individuals who make mistakes. If that’s the case I don’t understand that logic because other Power 5 schools are recruiting Sampson with the understanding that something happened that prevented him from coming to Syracuse
We brought in Alton Robinson just last year.

Trust me he knows. And some others on here know. Sometimes things just don't need to be posted on an internet message board simply for the gratification of other posters.

My suggestion to all of you is to let this one go. Tyrone isn't coming to SU.

Trust me he knows. And some others on here know. Sometimes things just don't need to be posted on an internet message board simply for the gratification of other posters.

My suggestion to all of you is to let this one go. Tyrone isn't coming to SU.
CL, another suggestion, why not just lock the thread then if he isn't coming, again my .02 cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom