Class of 2018 - C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 C/OG Tyrone Sampson Portal from Fresno St

Free Article and Video

2018 OL Sampson Impressed by Syracuse
http://img.At their request, this network is being blocked from this site./sites/default/files/styles/author/public/avatar/Avatar.jpg?w=50&h=50&faces=true
Allen Trieu
9:45 AM
Detroit (Mich.) East English Village Prep sophomore offensive lineman Tyrone Sampson has had a good week. After winning MVP at the Chi Showcase, he earned his second scholarship offer when Syracuse came through. He talks about his visit with the Orange here.

On the heels of his MVP award at last weekend's Chi Showcase, class of 2018 center prospect Tyrone Sampson was offered by Syracuse on Tuesday.

"I feel great," he said. "I feel that my hard work I put in is finally paying off and on the other hand, it really humbled me because they took a chance offering me and that really makes me thank God.

"I talked to coach Reynolds then I talk to their offensive line coach and he told me that I fit the program and he would love if I came there and played football and then he said it we want to offer you a scholarship to play here."

The offer carries even more weight because Sampson had a chance to see what the school has to offer.

"I was on a visit there [Tuesday] and I'll be back soon. When I first walked in I thought 'wow.' It was nice nicer than most colleges. Then when we got the whole tour, it was second best college I've ever been to. It was great."

Sampson is currently on a visit tour with other prospects from the Motor City.

"I'm going to Temple, Rutgers, Maryland and West Virginia."

He has an additional offer from Akron and interest from Michigan, Michigan State and more. He has started on varsity since his freshman season.

The Orange have also offered his 2018 teammate, cornerback Zhamaine March.

So, Skowt put together a list of 25 midwest prospects to keep an eye on:

Midwest: 2018 Watch List

While about 5 or 6 have SU offers, two in particular have more than just passing interest in the Orange. They are:

Devin O'Rourke, DE from Frankfort (OH)

and

Tyrone Sampson, C from Detroit

Neither yet has offers from the 'big boys', although several of the midwest powers are in on O'Rourke. Samson is hoping for a Mich. State offer. He's already visited SU, and it looks like we might have a real good shot unless Sparty comes a'callin'.

So, Skowt put together a list of 25 midwest prospects to keep an eye on:

Midwest: 2018 Watch List

While about 5 or 6 have SU offers, two in particular have more than just passing interest in the Orange. They are:

Devin O'Rourke, DE from Frankfort (OH)

and

Tyrone Sampson, C from Detroit

Neither yet has offers from the 'big boys', although several of the midwest powers are in on O'Rourke. Samson is hoping for a Mich. State offer. He's already visited SU, and it looks like we might have a real good shot unless Sparty comes a'callin'.
Oh my ... Got me Spidey senses tingling

Would be very nice gets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom