Class of 2016 - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown

I think I read somewhere that there is a decent sized Muslim population in that area. I don't know if Yurt is religious, or maybe it could just be a cultural thing - but that could have played a part.

image.jpeg
Hello Omer, Let me introduce myself.

gilardino said:
NC State is top 3 in ACC next year, top 10 overall. This one hurts
I'll believe that when I see it

A great pg and a very solid big man is a good start.

He may have committed to play...but he hasn't been cleared to play...we shall wait and see...

forgot about Dennis Smith. They probably will be better than us now.
I still think we will be better, but if you are going to start with two guys, those are two good guys to start with. However, they are freshmen, and who knows who they get around them. Can Gottfreid coach them up? If I were an NC State fan, I would be feeling better today, but are either of those guys coming back for year two? They need like a 10 man recruiting class.

I still think we will be better, but if you are going to start with two guys, those are two good guys to start with. However, they are freshmen, and who knows who they get around them. Can Gottfreid coach them up? If I were an NC State fan, I would be feeling better today, but are either of those guys coming back for year two? They need like a 10 man recruiting class.

No, but you can say the same for Lydon/Battle for us. We need 6-8 guys ourselves.

No, but you can say the same for Lydon/Battle for us. We need 6-8 guys ourselves.
We are set for next year, the year after gets sketchy. But, they are looking to fill out for next year. That is difficult at this time of year. They are going to have to find scraps, unless someone else like Omer falls in their lap. JB and Company are out recruiting like crazy for the class of 2017, because they know it has to be a deep and talented group of maybe 6-7 guys spanning all positions.

Doggone it. That is absurd. Really frustrating. Of course he will breeze through getting cleared now though. On the off chance that he doesn't, maybe we'll be glad it all went down like it did.

I'm surprised how many here are shocked he didn't chose SU.

Once I saw NC State was involved -- with tons of paying time to offer -- I thought they were the favorites.

Once I saw NC State was involved -- with tons of paying time to offer -- I thought they were the favorites.
And the opportunity to practice asgainst the women's team, for sheer lack of numbers.

perhaps we should stop mocking them and their #6 recruiting class. They earned it; sent an assistant to Turkey to see him.

Makes sense. I'm more surprised he passed up an opportunity to play with a HOF coach who is coming off a Final Four run as well as a team who has success developing foreign big guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom