Class of 2016 - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown

cuseguy said:
Seton Hall is out of scholarships, so what does TT do now?

Huh? They don't take that commitment to shut out Thompson. They must know Whitehead is gone.

Jake said:
Huh? They don't take that commitment to shut out Thompson. They must know Whitehead is gone.

Ben Sigel from Scout had some confusing tweets the other night.

iommi said:
It's not classified. A lot of folks have already figured out who he is. It's been talked about on Twitter, so it's out there. I don't think it's irresponsible, therefore, to let people know there is a guy out there who could become an attractive option. It gets dicey when people want his name. Everyone should understand all of this relatively soon. Bottom line: mystery man may never become an option. I think he will (just a gut feeling) and hope we get him.
Wait...it's a "he"? Dang it!

Came down to Cuse and NC State, as if even this morning coaches still thought we were the favorite but weren't overally confident because NC State had a good pitch.
Well that was that a relative had gone there IIRC. That's not insignificant especially to someone coming from overseas. A built in family support system is very tempting. Indeed, if I was 16 again and choosing a college I would very likely have applied to Northwestern. Although it would be 1200 miles or so from home, my uncle's family was there and in retrospect I could have used some pampering that I surely would have gotten from them. And their J school is comparable to Newhouse. The alternative would be to stay for my senior year of HS and go to college at 17 almost 18. The extra year of maturity and the college credits I would have gotten in my senior year of HS, or maybe a good internship too, would be valuable. OTOH home life was such that I wanted to get the hell out. So Northwestern might have been a really good choice.

It's moot of course. No do overs in life, just new opportunities that you shouldn't pass up once you have learned better.

It's not classified. A lot of folks have already figured out who he is. It's been talked about on Twitter, so it's out there. I don't think it's irresponsible, therefore, to let people know there is a guy out there who could become an attractive option. It gets dicey when people want his name.

Everyone should understand all of this relatively soon. Bottom line: mystery man may never become an option. I think he will (just a gut feeling) and hope we get him.

Then why even discuss it? If you can't say who it is.. is this not a message board?

He was smart to go elsewhere. I believe it is harder to get cleared if you are enrolled at SU than it is at more "favorable" programs. He may or may not get cleared at NCSU, but I'll never believe he would have been cleared here.

IMG_5955.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom