Class of 2016 - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey) Transfer from NC State to Georgetown

Just to clarify, I am not against taking someone like Yurtseven. He looks like a great prospect. I just don't like the idea of bringing in a kid with one foot out the door. I don't want to see chemistry issues on a team with Final Four written all over it.

Just to clarify, I am not against taking someone like Yurtseven. He looks like a great prospect. I just don't like the idea of bringing in a kid with one foot out the door. I don't want to see chemistry issues on a team with Final Four written all over it.

?????

Would have to make sure they there are no questions about it based on SU's recent history with the NCAA.

We have 2 ships open at this point. We have DC2, Lydon, Chukwu. I would think its worth giving him a ship and hoping he clears. If not you have a great practice player at least and its only one season like Kanter did at UK. Unless it rules out Thompson then we may want to be sure he is eligible.

Do you think adding a big man that can score, with his back to the basket, would hurt this teams chances at a Final Four?

Orangefog... this guy is universally regarded by NBA scouts as being a high prospective draft pick. You'll forgive me if I weigh those opinions more than yours on a video you saw.

He wouldn't sit if he came here. He's a lot better than you're giving him credit for, and he would shatter those stat projections if he did come here. This is a one-and-done caliber player, not some role player who would be parked on the bench. Again, don't take my word for it--there's lots of material about this kid out there.
I would trust their opinion over mine as well, and I certainly don't take offense. If he is that type of transcendent player, that would be fantastic. But, the NBA looks at guys potential, not their current ability to produce. He has a good frame with the potential to add good weight. That is great, does it benefit SU if he is one and done? He has a developing low post game, is it ready to go at the college level right now? I love guys with potential, and I hope he comes to SU, because this stuff always finds a way of working out.

Do you think adding a big man that can score, with his back to the basket, would hurt this teams chances at a Final Four?
Hell no, provided that the same player can keep as many points off the board as he puts on it.

...or, maybe a kid with this type of ability puts a team with Final Four written all over it over the top.

Not trying to be disagreeable toward you, I just completely disagree on this player. No biggie.

...or, maybe a kid with this type of ability puts a team with Final Four written all over it over the top.
Absolutely, I love that this team is stacked with nothing but contributors. One more would be great.

I would trust their opinion over mine as well, and I certainly don't take offense. If he is that type of transcendent player, that would be fantastic. But, the NBA looks at guys potential, not their current ability to produce. He has a good frame with the potential to add good weight. That is great, does it benefit SU if he is one and done? He has a developing low post game, is it ready to go at the college level right now? I love guys with potential, and I hope he comes to SU, because this stuff always finds a way of working out.

Having players that produce in the NBA helps the program. Not to mention adding a big with some offense wouldn't hurt in and of itself.

Not that I don't believe this, but why wouldn't this visit be public yet?

Adding another big man, one who is probably more talented than any of our current post options would be a great thing. A lot of people are hyping up Chukwu, but nobody know what he will contribute this year. A scoring threat inside would be fantastic.

Having players that produce in the NBA helps the program. Not to mention adding a big with some offense wouldn't hurt in and of itself.
Agreed, I am all for bringing on a kid like this. I just don't think he would be a superstar here, if he is here only one year. That says more about how highly I think of next year's team than what I think of him. Bring him in and let it all work out, I would love to be wrong and watch this kid be the low post scorer and defensive stopper that makes us the best team in the country.

If he really did visit and he wants to come to SU next year I don't see anyway that JB and the staff would turn him away. Visiting means mutual interest and its pretty late in the game. He showed a post game in that video and he's got legit size.

Agreed, I am all for bringing on a kid like this. I just don't think he would be a superstar here, if he is here only one year. That says more about how highly I think of next year's team than what I think of him. Bring him in and let it all work out, I would love to be wrong and watch this kid be the low post scorer and defensive stopper that makes us the best team in the country.

I understand your point, but, he doesn't have to come here and single-handedly win an NC, he can come and contribute to an already good team and - I hope - make it that much better. Would love this kid to come here, but, I wont get my hopes up.

So is he committing? :cool:
Unfortunately, don't have that info but as some of you have been saying a visit this late in the game cant mean anything but good things. I do think he is going to take a couple other visits or at least has said that in the past.

Unfortunately, don't have that info but as some of you have been saying a visit this late in the game cant mean anything but good things. I do think he is going to take a couple other visits or at least has said that in the past.
I really hope the cab driver recognized him and talked to him.

I don't see the chemistry issues. Also, for us, it's probably a win-win. Either he's really good and takes serious minutes from Chukwu and keeps Chukwu out of the draft, or he's not THAT good, and maybe he stays another year and helps us a TON after Roberson, Coleman and (possibly Lydon and Chuckwu) leave. Just because he's projected to go high next year doesn't mean he'll actually go. He might be more of a project (like that 6'8 Kansas SG Milhailuk or something) and stay a few. Or maybe he just loves Syracuse and stays for a few for the fun. Who knows? Also, injuries happen. But this is nothing but good for us if he comes.

I don't see the chemistry issues. Also, for us, it's probably a win-win. Either he's really good and takes serious minutes from Chukwu and keeps Chukwu out of the draft, or he's not THAT good, and maybe he stays another year and helps us a TON after Roberson, Coleman and (possibly Lydon and Chuckwu) leave. Just because he's projected to go high next year doesn't mean he'll actually go. He might be more of a project (like that 6'8 Kansas SG Milhailuk or something) and stay a few. Or maybe he just loves Syracuse and stays for a few for the fun. Who knows? Also, injuries happen. But this is nothing but good for us if he comes.
I totally agree, I am not saying there is anything that would suggest a chemistry issue. And if the staff wants to bring him in and the kid wants to come, I am 100% on board. I just we are set up for a special year next year and I would avoid any potential chemistry issues if there were any evidence to suggest it could be a problem.

Screw it, we've got two scholarships. Omer and Taurean, come on down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom