Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
he hasn’t been rated because he wasn’t playing.

Not rated, but...
  • Missed most of last year due to HS season cancellation
  • A bit of a late bloomer who wasn't on the national radar before things shut down nationally
  • Didn't participate in AAU prior to this past spring, due to COVID, which limited his exposure
  • People saw him for the first time on a national stage this summer -- and that's when we jumped in
Pointing out the above is not rationalizing him as a darkhorse, drinking orange kool aid about him being the next Seikaly, etc. It's the context for why he came out of nowhere, and why his ranking is seemingly out of whack with his physical capabilities and athleticism.

I get why people are skeptical about him being unrated -- I really do -- but you have to peel the onion back on this one. There are reasons why he was unrated that have ZERO to do with his tools, capabilities, and potential.

I'd be shocked if he isn't rated in the top 100 by the end of the year. Shocked.

Not rated, but...
  • A bit of a late bloomer who wasn't on the national radar before things shut down nationally
  • Didn't participate in AAU prior to this past spring, due to COVID, which limited his exposure
  • People saw him for the first time on a national stage this summer -- and that's when we jumped in
Pointing out the above is not rationalizing him as a darkhorse, drinking orange kool aid about him being the next Seikaly, etc. It's the context for why he came out of nowhere, and why his ranking is seemingly out of whack with his physical capabilities and athleticism.

I get why people are skeptical about him being unrated -- I really do -- but you have to peel the onion back on this one. There are reasons why he was unrated that have ZERO to do with his tools, capabilities, and potential.

I'd be shocked if he isn't rated in the top 100 by the end of the year. Shocked.
A ton of excellent points, and I totally agree. No prep junior year, limited AAU stuff, etc. If he shines in his senior year, I could see him easily as four stars and top 100.

Not rated, but...

If all these statements are true, and I have no reason to doubt them, I'll be shocked and amazed if he doesn't at least waver a bit in his commitment to SU. I'm hoping us going big after him first will help keep him in the fold, but I won't be surprised for a second if we see the "I've decided to reopen my recruitment" insta post somewhere down the line. Because I'm a damned cynic.

If all these statements are true, and I have no reason to doubt them, I'll be shocked and amazed if he doesn't at least waver a bit in his commitment to SU. I'm hoping us going big after him first will help keep him in the fold, but I won't be surprised for a second if we see the "I've decided to reopen my recruitment" insta post somewhere down the line. Because I'm a damned cynic.
The problem with your speculation is that the early signing period for basketball starts this year on November 10th and ends on November 17th.

There isn't a lot of time or opportunity for Peter, or anyone in the class of 2022, to showcase their talents and get additional offers between today and November 10th.

I think it is very unlikely he is going to start his college career anywhere except Syracuse.

The problem with your speculation is that the early signing period for basketball starts this year on November 10th and ends on November 17th.

There isn't a lot of time or opportunity for Peter, or anyone in the class of 2022, to showcase their talents and get additional offers between today and November 10th.

I think it is very unlikely he is going to start his college career anywhere except Syracuse.

AND - he visited SU 2x:
Elite Camp, and his OV.

He's clearly all-in as of now, and after the signs on the line which is dotted, we don't really hafta worry about him blowing up, and in fact, would welcome it then.

In today's recruiting world I hate to say anything because these kids are all over the place but this kids commitment seems solid. Not sure we have to worry too much here or with any of our current commitments.

And has he stated he plans on signing during the early NLI?

“I just saw so much opportunity there for me,’’ he said. “I liked how they would utilize me both offensively and defensively. I honestly didn’t think there was a school in the country that would be a better situation for me.’’
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 84
Don't base your opinion on rankings. Ever. He just came on to the stage this year and didn't play at Peach Jam. Otherwise he's easily a top 150ish player. But again rankings don't matter
The video. Go to the video

When I see Careys height and weight I think of Bill Smith ,he was good around the basket with no outside 5’ shot including free throws. Was a very good S.U. Player.
Had a heck of a game against i think Niagara so did Calvin. 7 vs 5'5

Agreed. Under the radar kids are gonna be more common these days because of Covid. Flip was rated 165 last fall, per 247 composite, and blew up last spring and summer when AAU came back and is now top 10. Totally wild.

Don't base your opinion on rankings. Ever. He just came on to the stage this year and didn't play at Peach Jam. Otherwise he's easily a top 150ish player. But again rankings don't matter
I guess people who assemble rankings for major outlets don't have YouTube?

That could be a game changer for them!

He also mentioned that he'll be great at getting drop off passes in the Pick & Roll. Apparently he's never watched one of our games and realized that our guards usually hit the roller about once per season.
Who are they passing to: stone hands

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.