Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
who wants a Cligon. They are uncomfortable
1633141828819.jpeg

There is a very weird story that goes with Anderson. He was charged with underage s e x and extortion. Turns out that the girl stalked him and was very young but lied about her age. another girl posed as Anderson to extort the first girl.
See the story; yeah he probably did it. Turns out I was wrong. Bad on me

A much better defender on the perimeter? who has a better half court shot? we need out center to block shots in the middle

I think Carey will be the better shotblocker. Clingon is kind of goofy and unathletic. He will do ok because of his size and offensive polish at a young age, but he isn't going to be a great shotblocker.

Had a heck of a game against i think Niagara so did Calvin. 7 vs 5'5
Rumor has it that both Murphy and Lanier were coming to S U but couldn’t get in academically and ended up at Niagara and Bonnie. Oh well.

Rumor has it that both Murphy and Lanier were coming to S U but couldn’t get in academically and ended up at Niagara and Bonnie. Oh well.
Not going to say it's not true, but 50 years ago the Athletic Dept. took a far more casual approach to "academic qualifications." If an athlete was special, then the Admissions Dept was told to take a hike.

I guess the point I am making is that I personally would think that a Murphy or Lanier could have entered SU had we wanted them and they wanted to enroll. Besides, in those days Niagara and the Bonnies were not much of a step down from our program so we just as easily could have swung and missed on their recruitment.

As usual, I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm really excited that Peter chose SU. He's perfect for our system, as athletic mobile hard nosed big who won't ask for plays to be run for him. He's capable of covering the corner 3, and will likely be around for a few years. Perfect big for the system we run. People complain a lot about us not getting the 5 star centers, but in reality they usually don't plan to stay in college, and want to display their offensive game. Our zone doesn't need a ton of offense from the 5, but it does require mobility, a high motor, smarts, and length. Peter checks all those boxes. Kudos to the staff for pouncing on him, and reeling him. Nicely done!

Not going to say it's not true, but 50 years ago the Athletic Dept. took a far more casual approach to "academic qualifications." If an athlete was special, then the Admissions Dept was told to take a hike.

I guess the point I am making is that I personally would think that a Murphy or Lanier could have entered SU had we wanted them and they wanted to enroll. Besides, in those days Niagara and the Bonnies were not much of a step down from our program so we just as easily could have swung and missed on their recruitment.
The reason given as I recall, for Murphy’s choice of Niagara was a commitment from the Buffalo Bills related to Niagara U to allow him to lead the Bills Band and show his Twirling skills that won him a national championship in high school.

247 gave him an 85 and his composite is now .8602. 251st in the country.

That’s criminal.

thats 247 composite so it could be from any number of sites. 247 themselves has not evaluated him yet.
247 gave him an 85 - their first swing (and miss) on Carey.

I would file this under too many recruits to reasonably evaluate, especially when they haven't played much the last 18 months and were otherwise under the radar before.

He'll get a chance to bump that up significantly as the season starts. Doesn't hurt to have him playing against a couple of other 6'9/10" bigs in practice either.

247 rated him an 3* 85

when did they do that? Last I looked it was blank. Now it looks like a generic 85.

When I read his name I rotate between hearing it like how Uncle Ben says Peter when Toby Maguire finds him on the ground in the first Spiderman movie, and how Patrick Warburton's character in Family Guy addresses Peter Griffin.

247 gave him an 85 and his composite is now .8602. 251st in the country.

That’s criminal.

Since he has already committed why do we care about his rankings? As long as he is a great system fit for our offense and defense, is athletic, and has potential, then the rankings are irrelevant. Especially in the age of the transfer portal.

Status
Not open for further replies.