Class of 2022 - C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 C Peter Carey (MA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair. But number one, nobody knows what the roster will look like long-term given the changes to transfer rules.

Number two, it's pretty clear you are vastly overestimating Frank Anselen. Total boom or bust. Literally, either outcome is equally likely at this stage.
Not overestimating Frank, just looking at there will/should be 2 players familiar with the Syracuse system already on the team that are suited to play the 5. Believe that Filipowski is being recruited as the Power Forward. If Syracuse needs another center, they should recruit Mark Filipowski (which May or May not give them an in with Kyle Filipowski)

Fair. But number one, nobody knows what the roster will look like long-term given the changes to transfer rules.

Number two, it's pretty clear you are vastly overestimating Frank Anselen. Total boom or bust. Literally, either outcome is equally likely at this stage.

I think Anselem at worst can play the Jeremy McNeil role. If so, that wouldn't be a bust, just less than top expectation.

I think Anselem at worst can play the Jeremy McNeil role. If so, that wouldn't be a bust, just less than top expectation.

If that was "all" he's capable of, sign me up.

The kid has a million-dollar physical attributes, but at the current stage of his developmental curve he's got a $0.10 feel for the game. Obviously, his story is still being written, so that could change. But I think some posters only look at the physical tools and get dazzled, without recognizing that he has to learn how to put those tools to use more effectively.

I’m seeing a little bit of a skinny Rony here.

Runs like a deer, aggressive, dunks everything, and…. that’s about it.
So far.

I’d take a Rony2.0 144% of the time, and twice on Sunday.
Rony was much bigger, but otherwise I see where you are coming from

If that was "all" he's capable of, sign me up.

The kid has a million-dollar physical attributes, but at the current stage of his developmental curve he's got a $0.10 feel for the game. Obviously, his story is still being written, so that could change. But I think some posters only look at the physical tools and get dazzled, without recognizing that he has to learn how to put those tools to use more effectively.

He sure looks AWESOME with his head above the rim dunking in the layup line.

No, I'm naming them to show the logical fallacy in your assertion that he wouldn't come here if he has to play five -- because: history. And also because in the modern era of positionless basketball, versatile guys shifting to the five is the trend at all levels.

IF Flip comes here, and is the lone big in the class, he's going to see a lot of time at 5. The game isn't played like it was 25 years ago, where guys primarily played one position only. Hence, why I also stated that people get to hung up on positions.

that’s not what I said nor what you said I was responding to. I responded to “Flip would have been a 5 here.” That’s a pretty definitive statement there and not the same as we’re recruiting him to be a 4 and he’ll be a 4 but may have to slide to the 5 at times.

I’m seeing a little bit of a skinny Rony here.

Runs like a deer, aggressive, dunks everything, and…. that’s about it.
So far.

I’d take a Rony2.0 144% of the time, and twice on Sunday.
Rony was much bigger, but otherwise I see where you are coming from
Rony was more athletic, more explosive and had less basketball skill.

I think Frank is going to become a really good player. I just hope it's for SU.

I'd like to just see him play these guys, so they get better. They clearly are athletes in the Rony Seikaly kind of mould.

I wouldn't assume that. It seems like it's going along with the staff's recent strategy of not putting all our eggs in one basket. I love it.
Yeah at this point it makes all the sense in the world to cast a wider net. The coaches are getting a chance to evaluate players in a way they haven't been able to do fully for a while. We're in good shape with the guys we're going for hard, but if they decide to slow roll a decision on their commitment we're investing in building some relationships now so that if it doesn't go our way we may still be a good landing place for other good players.

I hear you and I'm definitely not reading too much into it. My biggest worry is Duke and there is chatter around it. Not a novice to following recruiting and I agree it wouldn't be any shock that the Carey offer smells of the possibility the staff aren't super confident about our chances with Flip or at least aren't as confident as they had been before.

I also see that we haven't really done a whole lot while we were recruiting both DC and Flip and now DC is gone and Carey enters the picture.

I'm not reading too far into nor am I dismissing what you are saying. I think right now the world is a bit upside down as the new transfer portal rules along with NIL have us in new territory. It will be interesting to see how trends play out over the next few cycles.
There is chatter about us as well. We are in this fight

not at all my point.

Hey, late in responding. I didn't think it was, that's why I responded to the other post.

You were talking a black and white transactional agreement essentially, I'm just outlining why it's a bad choice on his part (or anyone's part). I get your point.

Hey, late in responding. I didn't think it was, that's why I responded to the other post.

You were talking a black and white transactional agreement essentially, I'm just outlining why it's a bad choice on his part (or anyone's part). I get your point.
I like what I see, in limited video granted, the kid handles very well for his size, and does not seem to have stone hands, passes pretty well. Obviously needs to get stronger but name me a frosh that does not need more strength. He has more tools than most centers we have brought in. I see a lot for coaches to work with here, and athleticism to accomplish what coaches teach.

Slater deleted the tweet right away but half hour ago, he said that we offered?
67D760C1-4F58-4B5B-B942-97636773C4A0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors