Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you're right about the second big, especially considering everyone has insisted that we will land one more.

That said, it doesn't matter what my opinion (or any other fan) is on Sidibe. Any player coming off surgery who barely played as a freshman shouldn't scare off a good big. That's not an indictment of Sidibe's health/talent or the staff's judgement, just something I think is reasonable to assume.

You seem to have too much time on your hands. Give it a rest. Maybe the staff should let you know what they are up to.

You seem to have too much time on your hands. Give it a rest. Maybe the staff should let you know what they are up to.
You seem to have forgotten that you can use the ignore option. Give it a rest. Maybe I should remind you? ;)

Last edited:
"Everyone insisted..."

Not sure what you are harping on. The staff's plan all along has been to bring in two bigs. We have the open scholarships to do so, and have continued to pursue bigs despite landing Ajak.

We even tried to snare one late last offseason, to bolster depth at the position. Failing to do so, they are looking to accomplish that in this class. Not sure what your basing the skepticism on.
it seems that 2 centers is the plan, but i don't think they'll bring in a 2nd just to bring one in. it has to be one of the highly rated guys they are looking at. if they whiff, they won't bring in another project in the spring. they'll just refocus to 2020 and guys like hunter dickinson or cliff omoruyi

Just spitballin here and I know I said pitt/gtown not long ago but just based off things I've seen/read, IF Yukon is going to land one of their more attractive recruits I think it could end up being wahab.

Just spitballin here and I know I said pitt/gtown not long ago but just based off things I've seen/read, IF Yukon is going to land one of their more attractive recruits I think it could end up being wahab.
I think they have better shot with akok than wahab

I think he is 100% on target. I think Wahab goes to G-town.

I can see why he’d go to gtown . Ewing wants to run his offense through his bigs and he should certainly improve under Ewing. The noise indicates they are in a great spot.
I do believe the hype about UConn and the highly rated recruits they are after is exactly that hype perposely put out by the staff as a strategy. It’s my understanding that Akok has not been revealing in his feedback to any of the programs after him. We are in a good position and will get a visit.

Last edited:
I think he is 100% on target. I think Wahab goes to G-town.
Georgetown already got a commitment from center Malcolm Wilson and hasn't even been relevant in a long time. Unless SU is locked in on Stewart, it baffles me that Wahab wouldn't choose SU over them or Pitt.

Georgetown already got a commitment from center Malcolm Wilson and hasn't even been relevant in a long time. Unless SU is locked in on Stewart, it baffles me that Wahab wouldn't choose SU over them or Pitt.

No offense but it seems any decision that is not to go to Syracuse baffles you. Do you think that Georgetown will not utilize multiple bigs? Can you not understand why as a center learning under Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing would be appealing?

Last edited:
I can see why he’d go to gtown . Ewing wants to run his offense through his bigs and he should certainly improve under Ewing. The noise indicates they are in a great spot.
I do believe the hype about UConn and the highly rated recruits they are after is exactly that hype perposely put out by the staff as a strategy. It’s my understanding that Akok has not been revealing in his feedback to any of the programs after him. We are in a good position and will get a visit.
My response about 100% on target only applied to the part about Wahab to G-town

No offense but it seems any decision that is not to go to Syracuse baffles you. Do you think that Georgetown will not utilize multiple bigs? Can you not understand why as a center learning under Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing would be appealing?
I don't expect us to get every recruit that we go after. I didn't make a stink when Kai eliminated us, or some of the other bigs for that matter. I've also stated that JG3 is a guy I'd love to get, but that I won't lose sleep if we don't get him. In regards to Wahab, I was merely thinking that it seemed like an odd match. If he's not interested in SU because we signed JBA, wouldn't it make sense that he might not want to play alongside Wilson?

I do agree that some centers might find it more appealing to be coached by Ewing than by a guard.

Having Louis Orr on his staff helps him a lot, too. His religious nature got to be a bit much for some folks in terms of recruiting and media interviews, but for others like player's parents, he's a high character guy. They both had very good to excellent NBA careers, were Big East legends, and Orr was a head coach. Georgetown has a lot to offer to a kid.

Screenshot_20181013-230435_Instagram.jpg

Having Louis Orr on his staff helps him a lot, too. His religious nature got to be a bit much for some folks in terms of recruiting and media interviews, but for others like player's parents, he's a high character guy. They both had very good to excellent NBA careers, were Big East legends, and Orr was a head coach. Georgetown has a lot to offer to a kid.

To say nothing of a top shelf academic reputation and all of the doors that will open for someone associated with it.

The other thing that people oftentimes fail to count is that if a player is looking to be in a more urban setting, that would effectively rule out Syracuse. Georgetown is in an urban campus in not just a major metropolitan city, but the political capitol of the world. Most of these guys have basketball as their number 1 priority, but many of them have aspirations beyond just basketball and are capable of seeing some of those "others".

To say nothing of a top shelf academic reputation and all of the doors that will open for someone associated with it.

The other thing that people oftentimes fail to count is that if a player is looking to be in a more urban setting, that would effectively rule out Syracuse. Georgetown is in an urban campus in not just a major metropolitan city, but the political capitol of the world. Most of these guys have basketball as their number 1 priority, but many of them have aspirations beyond just basketball and are capable of seeing some of those "others".

I think syracuse is an urban college, just not in a major market.

He seems uconn bound if u follow along on his IG story...keeps saying "stay tuned" would be a huge get for them if they land him and akok...lots of posters here thought they wouldnt be able to land these recruits because of the conference they play in...guess we'll see if that's true because they seem to have some momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom