Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondered if the former player that received the offer was Dajuan Coleman who had mentioned a similar $ amount but never mentioned the team that offered him.

It was not Coleman.

With that kind of budget you’d think they would have recruited better players. I always felt like they had good teams, but not great individual talent.

I think a lot of people here would be surprised with the amount of money that gets thrown around by the top 50 or so teams in NCAA college basketball.

I think a lot of people here would be surprised with the amount of money that gets thrown around by the top 50 or so teams in NCAA college basketball.
Did the Condoleeza Rice commission comment on this?

I am pretty sure i know who you are referring too.. Maybe he took the money and it explains the inbounds pass in Pitt meltdown game. He couldn’t Payback the money so he gave them the game.

I am pretty sure i know who you are referring too.. Maybe he took the money and it explains the inbounds pass in Pitt meltdown game. He couldn’t Payback the money so he gave them the game.
He was going to be my guess as well. Classic Pitt player.

The schools themselves, the coaches, or boosters?

My guess would be the shoe companies, as the FBI investigation demonstrates. Nike wants the best players to go to their flagship or marquee programs like Syracuse.

There are many avenues to get money to players and/or their family. The smart coaches build in a protective layer with 'go betweens' to set up plausible deniability, but yes some coaches do get involved. Shoe companies are big but have a more narrow scope (they are looking for sure things so they rarely ever go outside top 50 players), boosters are even bigger depending on the school and tend to cast a much wider net (yes, even kids in the 150-300 range sometimes get paid). Some kids end up with package deals where they are receiving benefits from multiple sources. FBI has only focused on shoe company deals so far; tip of the iceberg.

Wahab is my first choice outside of Stewart. Kid looks like he’s physically ready to bang in the ACC. He has some solid moves around the basket as well. And his shot blocking is on point. Uses both hands well to defend the rim. Hope we’re in good shape here. He would be a great get.

Wahab is my first choice outside of Stewart. Kid looks like he’s physically ready to bang in the ACC. He has some solid moves around the basket as well. And his shot blocking is on point. Uses both hands well to defend the rim. Hope we’re in good shape here. He would be a great get.
Agreed think he’s the most realistic option!

Since the July evaluation period ended, Wahab has visited VCU, Temple and Georgetown. Wahab has no plans on stopping as he plans to visit UConn on Aug. 19, Ohio State on Aug. 25, Pitt on Aug. 26 and Syracuse on Sept. 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom