Class of 2019 - C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Qudus Wahab (VA) to Georgetown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Carrigan has stated that he has a secret verbal somewhere.

Can’t imagine Carrigan would commit to a school that has recruited two centers (Ajak, Wahab?) and has one in house (Sidibe).

I think it’s obvious, with the way JB ignores bigs on offense, good luck ever recruiting a quality big. This coaching staff looks like it will go 0-3 with the bigs they are recruiting. It’s frustrating as a fan. Next year’s front court is going to be pretty sad.

I expect an imminent meltdown on the board once Stewart and Wahab go elsewhere.
Define meltdown? I won't but I will just realize we aren't competing for a NC until we have a complete roster.
I am fine with the current situation as I know with our current offense we are just going to win games and be competitive and be dangerous in March but not a real NC contender.
Which is fine as that is greedy.

I think it’s obvious, with the way JB ignores bigs on offense, good luck ever recruiting a quality big. This coaching staff looks like it will go 0-3 with the bigs they are recruiting. It’s frustrating as a fan. Next year’s front court is going to be pretty sad.
Serious case of deja vu here. Pretty sure this conversation has already occurred hundreds of time!

I expect an imminent meltdown on the board once Stewart and Wahab go elsewhere.

Oh I’m expecting they are going elsewhere. Holding out hope for Carrigan. Big man recruiting is clearly a problem if we miss on all big targets. Not counting JBA really because he won’t be ready for awhile, sigh.

Define meltdown? I won't but I will just realize we aren't competing for a NC until we have a complete roster.
I am fine with the current situation as I know with our current offense we are just going to win games and be competitive and be dangerous in March but not a real NC contender.
Which is fine as that is greedy.

I disagree here. We just need a rim protector and somebody who can dunk. If that's Carrigan so be it. A summer of Sidibe practicing without rehabbing will help too.

There's no back to the basket centers anymore.

I disagree here. We just need a rim protector and somebody who can dunk. If that's Carrigan so be it. A summer of Sidibe practicing without rehabbing will help too.

Your last sentence is not true, IMO. Teske on Michigan. He’s a banger who can do a lot of things. Even the last couple of Gonzaga bigs the past few years. They could play back to the basket but then added the stepping out to shoot part. Shittu is great down there but he got injured. Georgia Tech has a transfer from Texas who is that kind of player. They are out there. I agree the game is going away from that. Unfortunately because of our system we don’t get those kinds of guys. We need some kind of threat to score. I don’t care what style they play.

Last edited:

To win a NC you need a Eric Paschall/Mo Wagner/Kennedy Meeks/ Azubeike from Kansas / Daniel Ochefu type big.
You don't need a back to the basket big but you need an offensive threat big.
We don't and you won't win a NC without one. You can't win a NC by scoring in the 60s every single tournament game after the first round.

To win a NC you need a Eric Paschall/Mo Wagner/Kennedy Meeks/ Azubeike from Kansas / Daniel Ochefu type big.
We don't and you won't win a NC without one. You can't win a NC by scoring in the 60s every single tournament game after the first round.

Craig Forth and Brian Zoubrk say hello. So do the last 2 UConn titles.

Shooting is way more important.

Craig Forth and Brian Zoubrk say hello. So do the last 2 UConn titles.

Shooting is way more important.
Craig Forth was 15 years ago and we had McNamara/Edelin/Warrick/and Melo. I mean cmon man.

That 2010 Duke team and the UConn teams were outliers. If you want to be a NC contender you need an offensive threat from your bigs. Those UConn teams are referred to as flukes.

Craig Forth was 15 years ago and we had McNamara/Edelin/Warrick/and Melo. I mean cmon man.

That 2010 Duke team and the UConn teams were outliers. If you want to be a NC contender you need an offensive threat from your bigs. Those UConn teams are referred to as flukes.
Also you could argue Kemba and Shabazz were the best players in those tournaments. And Oriaki actually played really well for Kemba during that run

Also you could argue Kemba and Shabazz were the best players in those tournaments. And Oriaki actually played really well for Kemba during that run

Oriakhi was very good in that tournament, yep. We’re talking basic competence and the ability to make a simple play under the basket.

Zoubek still wasn’t raw as F. He still gave them I think 7 or 8 rpg and was a banger. Forth is extinct in today’s game, IMO.

Last edited:
image.jpeg

Yeah what's wrong with that? I know Red is recruiting him hard, but I just don't feel he is coming here.
We could really use this player. Would be nice to have some strength in the paint.

Most of those guys are power forwards. I've been arguing for years we need 4 shooters. We should have that going forward.

Shooting is far more important. Look at the stats of the final four teams the past few years. They were all near 40% in 3 point shooting.

I think its a little disingenuous by some here(not you) to say we need an offensive 5 and then people start saying they really want a Tyler Lydon type player when people were pissed off here when JB played Lydon at the 5 because they claimed he was too small. I mean if you're going to criticize at least make a consistent argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom